• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Game Is About Glory Podcast

Just listened to the latest pod, very measured and intelligent response to our current situation I thought, bearing in mind the knee-jerk Twitter meltdowns I read daily!!! I'm actually really positive about next season IF we can get the right players in. I think 6 points from last 3 games will make everyone feel better going into the summer!
Thanks mate, we certainly aim for measured every time.

He ain’t smart
He is an instinctive finisher and exceptional at it
He can’t pass well, or control a ball well either, which is nuts when you consider the drilling his dad gave him
So many of his gaols are because he can strike the ball so clean and well
His first touch is so poor that he needs that space to run into
The guys a legend here but his goals come from counter attacking teams mainly. Give him space and he can’t hurt you… mark him and play deep… he is a passenger. We keep the ball now which means it’s play in their third and it dies with Sonny so regularly
He's got 120 goals and 60 assists in 300 PL games. You don't get those numbers if you, as you say, has a poor first touch, has no ball control and can't pass.

My word! Never heard so much sense in a podcast, certainly not in a FOOTBALL podcast! Fully agree with you, and although I've had a moan, I'm very much on the Ange train, and it won't stop until it reaches silverware station, and then come back there again!

My word! Never heard so much sense in a podcast, certainly not in a FOOTBALL podcast! Fully agree with you, and although I've had a moan, I'm very much on the Ange train, and it won't stop until it reaches silverware station, and then come back there again!

Thanks mate.

I think you're erroneous with that comment, as I did with Bedford.
I also have to say that saying Son needs more 'guile' given the fact he is either usually double-marked or playing through the middle is a very odd statement...unless you want him to go more 'dark arts'?

Here are a couple of pieces to read. Particularly note in The Guardian one to Chris Ramsey.

Factually, it is impossible to say that unequivocally, Son has scored all his goals/made all his assists via one specific repeat action. Especially as he has played under several different managerial styles.

Finally, you simply don't have the career or consistency of goals/assists Son has without being an 'intelligent player' in the true sense of that phrase. 300 PL appearances, 166 wins, 120 goals, and 61 assists doesn't happen without 'football intelligence' or guile..just for fun, his CL record is 55 played, 19 assists and 5 goals, while his FA Cup record is 28 games, 14 goals and 11 assists.

https://medium.com/@jackstacey8765/...f-heung-min-son-a-high-iq-player-4638cbdd401e

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...-football-intelligence-can-players-develop-it
I think Son has elite finishing, hence he has scored a huge number of goals, but I don't think he has that special intelligence mentioned multiple times in the articles you posted. He doesn't have the big picture in mind like Kane, Sheringham et al; he doesn't go one way and then back heel it to a man in space, he runs at 100mph into the furnace.

I think Son has elite finishing, hence he has scored a huge number of goals, but I don't think he has that special intelligence mentioned multiple times in the articles you posted. He doesn't have the big picture in mind like Kane, Sheringham et al; he doesn't go one way and then back heel it to a man in space, he runs at 100mph into the furnace.

You said you did not think he was an 'intelligent player'. You are now saying you don't think he has that 'special intelligence' of a Kane or Sheringham. So are you at least conceding he is 'intelligent'? Look, for example, at where he brings defenders with his off the ball running. As for the 'back-heel' example, I don't think you'd especially say either Kane or Sheringham's 'intelligence' was like that. I think you'd possibly have me partially agreeing if you said Sonny lacked the vision of Kane and Sheringham; both had outstanding visions and reads of the game. BTW, both were also partially written off for being too 'slow' to be 'elite forwards' early in their careers. They were, of course, 10 yards faster than most others just in their heads...

If you won't concede that saying Son isn't an intelligent footballer is wholly inaccurate, then let's move on and agree to disagree.

Men With Ven
Series 4 Episode 48

Steff, Milo, and Gareth discuss our win over Burnley, Micky van de Ven winning games and player of the season awards, and the growth in both Spurs Women and the U21s who have both enjoyed a season of tremendous growth. We’ll even discuss what we want from Tuesday; isn’t it obvious?

GNcAVj0WwAAeM1v.jpeg

Just listening now and having been to both the ladies game and the under 21s yesterday… that was a challenge

The prevailing thing that stuck with me, and @thfcsteff says is right… FUN

None of the players seemed to be lacking their purpose and will and they seemed to want to be out there, playing

Football should always be like that

Just listening now and having been to both the ladies game and the under 21s yesterday… that was a challenge

The prevailing thing that stuck with me, and @thfcsteff says is right… FUN

None of the players seemed to be lacking their purpose and will and they seemed to want to be out there, playing

Football should always be like that
Great work getting to both mate, well done

Back