• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Welcome Ange: To Dare is to Didgeridoo

I stand corrected, thought it was over with Villa drawing.

Still, i wouldn't trade a 'chance' of 4th for them winning the league.

That’s the key. It’s not in our hands even if we win tomorrow. If the trade off was an FA cup or even a league cup then honestly I’d take that but that’s not how it works. Even guaranteed CL football isn’t a 100% fair trade IMO.

Time will tell. A year in the EL could make us a lot stronger outweighing the short term benefits of CL football.

This.

2 seasons ago we pipped ARSEnal to 4th spot and it was hailed as a turning point which would see their best players fleeing to join CL clubs whilst we'd be able to assemble a squad that could challenge for honours.

Perhaps continuing the painful rebuild whilst challenging for EL might prove more fruitful in the long run than hoping Ange can get our squad up to speed whilst also trying to compete with Europe's elite clubs.

Just watching Ange’s press conference highlights on Sky Sports News…prickly! He was so cross he even made eye contact with the questioner a couple of times.
I think some of the questions at least could be interpreted as questioning his professionalism. He will get a bit annoyed with those, think we've seen that before.

Think he's aware of his image as a jovial, "matey" kind of guy, and he does play into that. But he also wants to make sure that his authority and professionalism is clear and never can be reasonably questioned. Doing a good job at both imo.

I think some of the questions at least could be interpreted as questioning his professionalism. He will get a bit annoyed with those, think we've seen that before.

Think he's aware of his image as a jovial, "matey" kind of guy, and he does play into that. But he also wants to make sure that his authority and professionalism is clear and never can be reasonably questioned. Doing a good job at both imo.

It's my favorite thing with Ange (I wish people did it outside sports with reporters)

- He always answers your question, but he makes it clear (e.g. his what % of Spurs fans callout) when you have asked a stupid/clickbait question
-He also makes it clear when it's a narrative question (e.g. was waiting on that one)

He makes reporters think just that little bit more, is clear to your point that he is friendly to them, but won't let them drive the narrative.

Back