• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

They own the brand, so its cheap/no rights to acquire, and it has name recognition. Same reason as most sausage factory films exist.

Disney in particular have been dredging their back catalogue/not doing much of note original worse than ever recently.

Disney have become too big. They have so much money available to spend and will continue to buy up IPs and make watered down copies. You're not plagiarizing if you own the rights I guess.

Disney have become too big. They have so much money available to spend and will continue to buy up IPs and make watered down copies. You're not plagiarizing if you own the rights I guess.

The budgets for the Marvel tv shows and films have got out of control. The budget for She Hulk was more than GOT. And half the time the special effects still look rushed and poor quality. They need to make less shows and movies and make them for less money.

They own the brand, so its cheap/no rights to acquire, and it has name recognition. Same reason as most sausage factory films exist.

Disney in particular have been dredging their back catalogue/not doing much of note original worse than ever recently.

I think you're absolutely right.

In the interests of fairness to criticism, I'll explain (in general terms in case anyone is going to see it).

1) Far too long. Unjustified in length.
2) Poorly written. Very muddled storylines.
3) Ham-fisted homages. Backfire.
4) Over prevalance of CGI. The lack of actual actors vs CGI constructs leaves this lacking true heart.
5) Absolutely obvious 'franchise milking'.

I accept that generationally-speaking, I will always have issues with heavy CGI films, but equally, I'm not a luddite and enjoy many different types of film/approach. But there has to be some interplay between human dynamics and CGI. The Paddington series is a fine example. George Miller has done a great job blending the two with these Mad Max's (the new forthcoming one looks great).

Interested to hear people's thoughts on this. FWIW I am generally not a big budget blockbuster lover...

The Disney original films have largely bombed recently; Wish, Strange World. They know if they remake a classic it has a built in audience. For the record, whilst none of their remakes have bettered the originals, I quite liked the remakes of The Jungle Book, Aladdin, Lion King, Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast. They were all watchable and enjoyable tbh. The Jungle Book in particular was a really solid, entertaining movie.

Back