• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer thread

Not a great list. Journeymen and weaker leagues. We need to push the boat out for real quality like Isak or Osimhen
Don't think either of those is happening. Too many other areas that also need strengthening. If we're going for a striker I'm ok buyi from a weaker league, as long as it's the right player.

Don't think either of those is happening. Too many other areas that also need strengthening. If we're going for a striker I'm ok buyi from a weaker league, as long as it's the right player.
I don't think there are that many other areas. A CM and LW maybe. The defensive cover spots could all be younger cheaper players. Even LW we could go for someone like Nusa and give him a year to start challenging Son to start.

Id blow most of what we have on the best CF out there

He is brilliant
Chelsea will get him and blag their PSR
He could do better than them too, would be a shame to see him go somewhere for the money. How are Barcelona's finances nowadays? I know they want to shift Lewandowski but I assume they are still skint. PSG want him too. If he wants the money then at least he is guaranteed goals another league title and CL football there at least.

He could do better than them too, would be a shame to see him go somewhere for the money. How are Barcelona's finances nowadays? I know they want to shift Lewandowski but I assume they are still skint. PSG want him too. If he wants the money then at least he is guaranteed goals another league title and CL football there at least.
Not many, if any, can afford him outside of the prem
pSg maybe

Not sure they all are
There are two types in that list
Lone rangers who play as real 9
Gyokeres, Toney and Gurassy
Then you a kinda pace merchants like Openda. I’d say Gimanez is a bit of both
I’d be happy with any of these but in order…

gyokeres
Toney
openda
gimanez
Gurassy

And I think the price would reflect that, other than toneys contract having an impact
Not seen much of Gyökeres, and from youtube his predominant skill seems to be to fall over. That's probably fine, playing for Sporting, as you get the fk, but playing for Spurs, he won't get a single fk for those. Not seen him head the ball once! Looks fairly mobile and strong, but not really prolific.

Not seen much of Gyökeres, and from youtube his predominant skill seems to be to fall over. That's probably fine, playing for Sporting, as you get the fk, but playing for Spurs, he won't get a single fk for those. Not seen him head the ball once! Looks fairly mobile and strong, but not really prolific.
YouTube is a bad source of anything
My kids use it and then tell me that Bob from Barnsley is the greatest footballer ever because they saw a YouTube video of him doing 3 kick ups

I saw Gyokeres play for Coventry and he was a handful. He was also good in the air. Similar to Richy on that level
What he was great at was rolling off his man and scoring

That’s what’s he has done really well in Portugal

What I really like about Gyokeres is he shoots quickly. Sounds simple but is so key to Ange ball to do everything quickly

Last edited:
I don't think there are that many other areas. A CM and LW maybe. The defensive cover spots could all be younger cheaper players. Even LW we could go for someone like Nusa and give him a year to start challenging Son to start.

Id blow most of what we have on the best CF out there

I really hope we do this too. 2 starters and a LW to replace Son in the future.

Top, top CF
Upgrade CDM (££ based on outgoings)
Pacey LW (can be younger)

Then squad tweaks/backup can be younger players

I really hope we do this too. 2 starters and a LW to replace Son in the future.

Top, top CF
Upgrade CDM (££ based on outgoings)
Pacey LW (can be younger)

Then squad tweaks/backup can be younger players
May look at Moore as the left wing as that’s a role he can play

Not sure they all are
There are two types in that list
Lone rangers who play as real 9
Gyokeres, Toney and Gurassy
Then you a kinda pace merchants like Openda. I’d say Gimanez is a bit of both
I’d be happy with any of these but in order…

gyokeres
Toney
openda
gimanez
Gurassy

And I think the price would reflect that, other than toneys contract having an impact
I agree. Think it reflects that it's perfectly possible to have different kinds of strikers in this system. (Assuming there's any truth in those players being the one's we're actually interested in signing).

Who is a journeyman there?

Isak is class but no one wanted him initially because he was unproven and inconsistent

I'd say Guirassy and Toney are the textbook definitions of journeymen. Late 20s, 7-8 clubs under their belts, never played for a big club or (really) internationally.

If we're looking a level or two down from Osimhen and Isak, I think Leonardo at Benefica would be the smart money move.

Back