• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Arsenal FC ***

I'm not arguing Arsenal done much, they didn't, they didn't need to either- we gifted the goals to them all they had to do was sit back and let us cough up the type of chances we have been for the majority of the season - I'm merely responding to the post that suggested we had a lot to show for our play, we didn't
This is the point

Arsenal were in complete cruise control because of the same errors we've seen all season and no sign of a fix, they didn't need to come out and play.

Ange and his team have had 2 weeks to sort this mess out and they haven't even begun to look like they have addressed the issues.

How about putting a defender on the man marking Vacario? Or telling him to stop being weak and take command of the area.

His idea to beat Arsenal today was starting Hojberg and Davies V Saka.

Davies V Saka was always going to end the same way and Hojberg should never be the answer.

Play a youngster, o right.... he doesn't give them any minutes.

We are on course to concede more goals than last season, we could realistically beat our 38 season record.

No one expects all the issues to be fixed, but we've looked worse as the seasons gone on

This is with one game a week, it's only going to get tougher if we get into Europe

Last edited:
Son is a huge issue for Ange
I remember when Poch took over and he instantly took his senior players and made them captains (kaboul, ade and Lennon)… but 3/4 the way through the season (possibly earlier) he realised his mistake and what was needed (Kane and Mason fighting them helped)

Now Ange has some decisions to make around son and not because son is a bad guy. I’d argue that son is a counter attacking side would still be damn good but we’re not gonna be that team under Ange. Son does however sell shirts and put tourists on seats.

I also think as good as Kulu was today compared to games against low block sides there is a decision there too

But then that’s why Ange gets paid the big bucks and we just argue on a forum
If I recall correctly, Poch didn't originally allocate the captaincy roles, he allowed the players to vote for them. That was one of his smarter moves as when it became clear that those voted in were the ones not buying into his approach he gained more influence over the younger players, who had bought in.

It's such a a conundrum with Son being our club captain and in theory our talisman now regularly putting in performances like today. Scored a pen so I'm sure the stats will look great but it's not happening. Not going to be dropped but I'd rather keep Werner on the left, Richy back to CF and Johnson on the right.
I agree with the need to have Richy in the middle and Johnson seems the most effective from the right.

I'd have Son on the left still though. Even when he has a stinker like today, we're no worse off than with Werner out there. And often, Son doesn't have a stinker and scores.

He needs someone else to take the captaincy though. Give him the club captain role where he can do all the nice guy stuff. Make Romero or someone with a bit more fight in him the captain.

Haven’t read the thread so maybe this has already been mentioned but the atmosphere was rubbish today. As soon as we went behind the noise should have been ramped up. And again. And again. But it took deep into the second half before we picked it up. It doesn’t excuse weaknesses on the pitch but I don’t think the crowd played their part either.

Edit: not saying i neccesarily agree with all these, just interesting points for discussion

Regarding the offside decision, it would be useful if they showed the thinner lines that the VAR refs use to decide the offside - as we saw in another thread from Romero's red against Chelski. Drawing up the thicker lines seems unneccesary and an just adds to the speculation and conspiracy theories, as they are mostly just inconclusive.

Not read through this thread but I thought we were brilliant today considering the oppo, no idea how we lost that! Well actually VAR didn’t help going 0-2 when it could have been 1-1, clear trip on Kulu.

Literally couldn’t believe we were 3 down at half time! Then to sit through Keane etc in the studio who seemingly hadn’t watched a minute of the game just purely commenting on the scoreline “Arsenal have been great, in complete control…”. Might as well had someone who’d watched the game via teletext give their views!

Romero and VDV were brilliant.

Ah man how did we lose that !!
We lost because we can’t defend set pieces and they can, at least, better than us. I can’t understand why Hojbjerg was marking the player facing his own goal rather than being goal side, it’s poor organisation for that goal and then again for the second set piece giveaway. Yeah Romero had 2 chances but they were not as straightforward as the Arsenal ones. To compound that for their second, we were pushing up leaving Davies isolated against Saka which is only going to have one result.

I have looked at the Kulu trip several times and unfortunately I have to say that I agree with the decision, it would have been soft if given. We were not great today whatever the match stats say, although it could have been different if VDV’s goal had not been disallowed . Perhaps if we had been all square, Arsenal would have been a little less under control. But you can’t gift the opponent a 3 goal head start and hope to win. I genuinely don’t think Arsenal were that troubled after the dis allowed goal because when they need to they can shut up shop whereas we can’t. We didn’t test Raya after his howler, he caught cross after cross without any Spurs player really putting him under pressure, our passing and movement was laborious.. Worryingly too at times it looked like our system was pushing VDV towards another hamstring injury. Plus Madders has not been the same player since his injury.

I like Ange and he has definitely improved us in certain areas but there are too many difficult to control variables for his system to work effectively especially against the big teams. I am sure he will hone it over the summer.

Last edited:
If I recall correctly, Poch didn't originally allocate the captaincy roles, he allowed the players to vote for them. That was one of his smarter moves as when it became clear that those voted in were the ones not buying into his approach he gained more influence over the younger players, who had bought in.
That’s not what I’ve heard
You could be right
I thought that was after he binned off players

Regarding the offside decision, it would be useful if they showed the thinner lines that the VAR refs use to decide the offside - as we saw in another thread from Romero's red against Chelski. Drawing up the thicker lines seems unneccesary and a just adds to the speculation and conspiracy theories, as they are mostly just inconclusive.
Yeah
It’s much clearer that way

This is a difficult one to answer. He was definitely good going forward but was there evidence today that he showed leadership as a CB? We concede two calamitous set piece goals, so maybe not.
He did
Was you at the ground or watching on TV?
Both goals he was pointing to the bench and for me he looked He was saying WTF are we doing

Not really got anything to say about the game that has not already been said in this thread, but after the game today there were a lot of comments about Ange not being able to address our defensive frailties despite having a week to sort things also this one dimensional approach to games no matter what the opponent. The general view was that Angeball is ok in Scotland where you can play a high line and attack attack attack and when you lose the ball the opponents have not got the quality to punish you but in the Prem we constantly get found out. Our play is so predictable its easy for teams to set up against us. A well organised defence, play on the counter and concentrate on set pieces and we will conceed. Its just ok if we can outscore the other team

Oliver was fudging abysmal, maybe the worst this season and the standard of PL refereeing has been awfully poor

To not give the Davies penalty immediately with the view he had, fudgein bent
I wish we would complain about him which we won't. But we all know he wouldn't do a damn thing in our favor or in fact just be fair and competent

I thought we were the better side. Out xg'ed them. Lucky bastards. Unlucky.
I think without being that good we were the better side.
Today confirmed three things for me,
We can't defend set pieces for toffee,
The refs are awful
And arsenal aren't that good.

It's interesting that some are saying ange isn't suitable because he has only done it in non competitive leagues.
Well despite the hype from sky the pl isn't that competitive.

Back