• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Arsenal FC ***

Haven’t read the thread so maybe this has already been mentioned but the atmosphere was rubbish today. As soon as we went behind the noise should have been ramped up. And again. And again. But it took deep into the second half before we picked it up. It doesn’t excuse weaknesses on the pitch but I don’t think the crowd played their part either.
Yeah agreed. It’s hard to criticise match going fans coz they’re paying their money but people walking out at 3-0 in the first half should be ashamed of themselves IMO.

It’s the very opposite of what supporting should be.

It’s offside according to the rules
The deflection ain’t seen as an intentional play of the ball
It’s always been that way
brick, had not picked up on that. Okay the deflection was involuntary but the initial clearance by Tomiyasu was deliberate.

Still hard not to question the standard of officiating. A catalogue of dubious decisions went ther way today.

fudging lucky Arsenal as always.

Meh, pushing a team back while creating nada whilst being 3-0 down. I struggle to see that as being the better team. More possesion does not automatically equal being the better side, it's about what you actually do with the ball and we didn't do much imo.
To be fair, Arsenal did a good job sabotaging play, falling around at the slightest touch while putting in snide tackles unpunished and wasting time at the right moments. You know, just being themselves. If we hadn't been so tinkle poor defending corners it might have been a different game. It's the perennial "had we played the entire game like the last 25, we would've won". The boys weren't great today by any stretch, but they tried.

To be fair, Arsenal did a good job sabotaging play, falling around at the slightest touch while putting in snide tackles unpunished and wasting time at the right moments. You know, just being themselves. If we hadn't been so tinkle poor defending corners it might have been a different game. It's the perennial "had we played the entire game like the last 25, we would've won". The boys weren't great today by any stretch, but they tried.
And they created so little to score 3 goals
The first corner came from our mistake too with the play around at the back (their press worked by sloppy passing hurt us and Davies slipping over)

I'm right behind ange, but this is on him.
To have two weeks off and still look like an under 8s team every time we defend a st piece and is not good enough.
It's been our biggest weakness for months, there has been plenty of time between games and it's not getting better.
That needs sorting, and quick.

Why’d you quote me on that one?

I just read his comments on corners. Jesus. He's big picture and I've always been impressed by that but, fudge me, you have to pay attention to the details sometimes. When teams are exploiting your weakness on set pieces to the point that it's costing you goals and games, it's a dereliction of duty not to do something about it.

Saying "it's not where we are in our development mate" is not acceptable.

I did think some of his comments were spot on particularly in relation to the second goal where he said we were still moaning about the trip on Deki. We got drawn in a couple of times to their antics too that allowed them to timewaste.

But our discipline and maturity have been lacking this season. No point talking about it, you need to do something about it. We're seeing the same things time and time again.

If you can’t beat them…

IMG_4183.jpeg

As much as it hurts to say, if I understand the rules correctly, it's an offside. Had the clearance been so called "deliberate play" it would have negated the offside. From FA:

The following criteria should be used, as appropriate, as indicators that a player was in control of the ball and, as a result, can be considered to have ‘deliberately played’ the ball:
  • The ball travelled from distance and the player had a clear view of it
  • The ball was not moving quickly
  • The direction of the ball was not unexpected
  • The player had time to coordinate their body movement, i.e. it was not a case of instinctive stretching or jumping, or a movement that achieved limited contact/control
  • A ball moving on the ground is easier to play than a ball in the air
Even if I want to, I cannot say that Tomiyasu was in control of the ball. Or I may have misunderstood the cryptic laywer speak on FA's website.
He wasn't in control of the ball because he's crap and panicked and slashed at the ball. That's his poor play not because he had no time to get control of it.

I think you're being swayed by the way Arsenal set up allowing us to have possession - all we had to show for it was a fortunate loose ball to get a borderline offside goal chalked off. Whereas at the other end we gifted them goal after goal by defending in the exact same manner we have for the majority of the season - there's no freak turn of events to see us concede on the break or give up goals at corners.
Yeah we had a lot of possession and no shots on target for a long time . To me the measure of angeball must be the amount and rate of shots on target, given the overload of players up front (putting the defence at greater risk).

We didn't trouble Raya most of the first half. What's worse is that in the second he figured we won't shoot from distance and would only float crosses....so he came out for every cross possible to negate Romero's presence.

Why doesn't Ange encourage Son and Kulu to shoot is beyond me. He's just not looking at past performance stats.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240429_083739_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240429_083739_Samsung Internet.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 15
Yeah those comments concern me. There’s no point working on other stuff if we’re constantly conceding from set pieces. It’s just gonna destroy the players’ confidence and mindset if nothing else.

I wouldn't worry about the players and Ange. IF he is not taking care of problems, discussing them, or addressing them, you will see the team no longer buying in. One thing you cannot dispute today is that we continued to buy in until the 96th minute.

As much as it hurts to say, if I understand the rules correctly, it's an offside. Had the clearance been so called "deliberate play" it would have negated the offside. From FA:

The following criteria should be used, as appropriate, as indicators that a player was in control of the ball and, as a result, can be considered to have ‘deliberately played’ the ball:
  • The ball travelled from distance and the player had a clear view of it
  • The ball was not moving quickly
  • The direction of the ball was not unexpected
  • The player had time to coordinate their body movement, i.e. it was not a case of instinctive stretching or jumping, or a movement that achieved limited contact/control
  • A ball moving on the ground is easier to play than a ball in the air
Even if I want to, I cannot say that Tomiyasu was in control of the ball. Or I may have misunderstood the cryptic laywer speak on FA's website.
I think it makes me feel worse when we're robbed than things are just. Wish all the ref's decisions yesterday were correct.

Last edited:
Overall a strong performance against a very good team imo. An own goal, set piece goal and a counter attack. We hit the post, marginal offside goal, should have had another penalty. Son one on one.

Kept trying, got back into the game from a really difficult position.

Really disappointing to lose the game. Disappointing to be so vulnerable to set pieces again. Ref was awful. But a performance with a lot of positives.

We already knew there are real issues to be sorted out, but some of what we do is already outstanding. Some fixes to issues that should be solvable and we'll be a real force.

Back