• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Champions League 2015/16

Bayern and Real will be kept apart, that's for sure.

Anyone who thinks Leicester will struggle in the CL, I give you Atletico Madrid.
They are carbon copies, only Atletico have better players. But it's "put everyone in our own 18 yard box, and just smash it up field. Eventually we'll get a decent chance". It's bloody awful to watch, but annoyingly it's working.

Have a feeling its going to be City v Real Madrid in the semis
That would do fine, and a dream scenario is possible. Image this! City finish 5th in the league but reach the CL final, and get beaten by Bayern. Pep making EL for himself! How about that! :D

They are carbon copies, only Atletico have better players. But it's "put everyone in our own 18 yard box, and just smash it up field. Eventually we'll get a decent chance". It's bloody awful to watch, but annoyingly it's working.

They're a bit more attack minded than Leicester.

That would do fine, and a dream scenario is possible. Image this! City finish 5th in the league but reach the CL final, and get beaten by Bayern. Pep making EL for himself! How about that! :D

That draw opens up the chance of 2 other decent scenarioes
Obviously the 'dream' final Bayern v Real
or even the chance of the all-Madrid final

i'd quite like to see City do it, that would be funny

my preference would be for Bale and Modric to win another one now that Zlatan is out

Bayern and Real will be kept apart, that's for sure.

Anyone who thinks Leicester will struggle in the CL, I give you Atletico Madrid.

Atletico's squad are far better than Leicester's
I was delighted to see smug Barcelona come unstuck but Atleti are a little too Nottingham Forest for my taste, and even more so this year. I hope Bayern or City win it!

That's got to be very marginally! Not much attacking going on yesterday. Even though they were the ones that had to score, they were quite reluctant to go forward, except for when Barca exposed themselves.

Isn't that how teams not called Bayern or Real should play against Barca?

That draw opens up the chance of 2 other decent scenarioes
Obviously the 'dream' final Bayern v Real
or even the chance of the all-Madrid final

I don't think UEFA would want another all-Madrid final; it's why i think it's a certainty that we'll get an all-Madrid semi-final and the Pep derby..

Atletico's squad are far better than Leicester's
I was delighted to see smug Barcelona come unstuck but Atleti are a little too Nottingham Forest for my taste, and even more so this year. I hope Bayern or City win it!

Could you please elaborate on this? Didn't see Forest win the European Cup so i want to know what you mean here...

...also (apologies i may have asked before but want more detail lol) but how would you compare Atletico under Simeone to Chelski and Inter under Mourinho in terms of tactical approach, method and style?

i'd quite like to see City do it, that would be funny

my preference would be for Bale and Modric to win another one now that Zlatan is out

Real have won enough trophies for their spoilt, fascist fans. I hold no ill will towards Modric or Bale but I really don't care what they win as they don't play for us anymore.

Could you please elaborate on this? Didn't see Forest win the European Cup so i want to know what you mean here...

...also (apologies i may have asked before but want more detail lol) but how would you compare Atletico under Simeone to Chelski and Inter under Mourinho in terms of tactical approach, method and style?

Forest games in Europe are filed in my memory under 'tight affairs' which to be honest most games with English team involved did at the time. I enjoyed this back in the day mind!

Mourinho is still the best manager I have seen when it comes to marshalling a maybe slightly inferior squad into a winning one. Simone is good but not as good as Jose at his best. He went to City when they were in their pomp 2014 I think and got a 1-1 - Jose that night was tactically brilliant, a master class for me.
Simone last was extremely fortunate and was sailing a little to close the wind.
I like my football more open than last nights Atletico's attack vs defence offering. Klopps' Dortmund was my idea of football at its most entertaining and partially why I love this current Spurs incarnation.

Tuchel will go far in club football I think.

Real have won enough trophies for their spoilt, fascist fans. I hold no ill will towards Modric or Bale but I really don't care what they win as they don't play for us anymore.

There is a case for hoping the stay happy at Real and this requires them to be successful. I'd hate to see either return to England with any of the clubs who can afford them.

Back