• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Championship and EFL Football

When Crawley play the league two playoff final later this month, Accrington Stanley will apparently be the only team left in the efl to never have played at Wembley.

Also, Plymouth Argyle survived and their interim manager said that they're already in talks to keep Phillips and Devine for next season. I was there and Alfie linked everything together going forward. If they get another progressive manager like Steven Schumacher rather than the utterly useless Gareth Southgate clone that was Ian Foster then another year there will be perfect for their education.
Get them out of there ASAP! Will be a car crash with that helmet Rooney at the wheel!

Get them out of there ASAP! Will be a car crash with that helmet Rooney at the wheel!
Let's wait and see who he takes with him first. Rumours are Mike Phelan and THudd, amongst others.

Also, Argyle's squad is set up to play on the front foot. The Brum squad WR inherited was the exact opposite and he couldn't bring in more progressive players. I think the Jury's out on his management ability.

Derby​

He won 24, drew 22 and lost 39 of his 85 games.

DC United​

won 14, drew 14, lost 26.

Birmingham​

Blues registered victories in only two of Rooney’s 15 matches, with nine losses, for a win percentage of 13.3.

That gives him an overall managerial record of 40 wins from 154 games (26 per cent), with 40 draws and 74 defeats.

Derby​

He won 24, drew 22 and lost 39 of his 85 games.

DC United​

won 14, drew 14, lost 26.

Birmingham​

Blues registered victories in only two of Rooney’s 15 matches, with nine losses, for a win percentage of 13.3.

That gives him an overall managerial record of 40 wins from 154 games (26 per cent), with 40 draws and 74 defeats.
We can all cut and paste stats without context. Derby and Birmingham were two absolute basket case clubs, one that couldn't pay it's players and was subject to a points deduction and one, as I alluded to, that was set up in a Conte-esque style with a squad to fit that. It's also worth mentioning that he wasn't allowed to purchase players at either club. With regard to DC, I have no idea.

I'm not pro or anti-Rooney, I just think he hasn't had a fair crack at the whip yet.

Last edited:
Apparently one thing he has never done as a manager is sign a player. Derby because of financial trouble, Birmingham because he wasn't there long enough and DC United ... er, probably because they do things differently there.

Back