• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Circus ManUnitus - Erik's At The Wheel

I find it funny the hate that Southgate gets. He’s done better than any England manager in the World Cup since 1966 and achieved the best result ever in the Euros. Semi finals, runners up and quarter finals…you lot should be fudging knighting him cos GHod knows you were absolutely brick at every tournament between 1996 and 2018 (and many before 1996.)

I’m sure there will be excuses; “yeah but we’ve got Kane” and that Southgate has actually underachieved because you’ve got a GHod given right to win things.

You should go and watch the Euro 2016 match vs Iceland, or when you drew 0-0 with Costa fudging Rica and went out in the group stage with 1 point in Brazil to give you some fudging balance and where things are.

In saying that, I hope you fail miserably this summer, sack him and start a new cycle of the same thing.

I find it funny the hate that Southgate gets. He’s done better than any England manager in the World Cup since 1966 and achieved the best result ever in the Euros. Semi finals, runners up and quarter finals…you lot should be fudging knighting him cos GHod knows you were absolutely brick at every tournament between 1996 and 2018 (and many before 1996.)

I’m sure there will be excuses; “yeah but we’ve got Kane” and that Southgate has actually underachieved because you’ve got a GHod given right to win things.

You should go and watch the Euro 2016 match vs Iceland, or when you drew 0-0 with Costa fudging Rica and went out in the group stage with 1 point in Brazil to give you some fudging balance and where things are.

In saying that, I hope you fail miserably this summer, sack him and start a new cycle of the same thing.
Wow! What an angry, arrogant, nasty and misinformed post that was.

England manager has always been the Aunt Sally of the game, media build up high expectations in the country with their arrogant England can beat any team Johnny Foreigner has. We have some very good players along with very average players, apart from Kane and possibly Bellingham few are the best player in their club side. As long as clubs rely on overseas players to fill key positions in teams we will not produce enough world class players.

England manager has always been the Aunt Sally of the game, media build up high expectations in the country with their arrogant England can beat any team Johnny Foreigner has. We have some very good players along with very average players, apart from Kane and possibly Bellingham few are the best player in their club side. As long as clubs rely on overseas players to fill key positions in teams we will not produce enough world class players.

One of the biggest problems is half the country and most of the media are just waiting for them to fail, and doing their best to help them get there.

I completely agree, he’s pretty much only had Kane and achieved more than others who had much stronger sides.

Kane is great, Bellingham and Foden might well be, other than that it’s brick. If this squad make the semi’s again it’s done well.

Southgate has done a great job with very limited tools.

I completely agree, he’s pretty much only had Kane and achieved more than others who had much stronger sides.

Kane is great, Bellingham and Foden might well be, other than that it’s brick. If this squad make the semi’s again it’s done well.

It’s a fantastic squad imo…but you can say that about 5 or 6 teams every tournament. It comes down to luck and mentality in the big competitions and Southgate has done very well with the latter.

Yes england players get overhyped by our media. But to call rice, eze, saka etc... limited is ott aswell.

Watch the final against Italy from the last Euros and you might form a different opinion. At home, winning at half time, against a poor Italian side, any manager with balls and nous gets the team ready at HT, to close out the win and cup.

Watch the final against Italy from the last Euros and you might form a different opinion. At home, winning at half time, against a poor Italian side, any manager with balls and nous gets the team ready at HT, to close out the win and cup.

Oh yeah it's easy winning major international tournaments, you just need balls and nous.

Oh yeah it's easy winning major international tournaments, you just need balls and nous.

Did I say it was easy? If you think the manager did a good job at HT in that final against an Italian side who could hustle but lacked much top notch skill, then fair enough. With home advantage we came out second half unprepared.

Similar today. You know the team who are behind are going to come out fighting second half. I don’t think Southgate prepared the side and got them in the right frame of mind. Obviously you do. Fair enough.

Right, because you’ve got to the final of a major tournament…how many times?

Fair enough you think Southgate is a good manager because he took England to the final at home.

Personally I look at the setup and way he motivates and manages for clues as to how good he is.
His football history isn’t that of a coach who motivates players
He relegated the club side he managed and England have got better ish but the talent pool has improved massively
What I don’t get from him is his insistence on playing players out of position to fit them in
Can’t be many sides that start with 3 right backs in the team
He roostered up with this squad not picking at least 2 more left footers, even if it meant Braithwaite and Mitchell from palace. The Balance in that England side is really poor currently

He relegated the club side he managed and England have got better ish but the talent pool has improved massively
What I don’t get from him is his insistence on playing players out of position to fit them in
He roostered up with this squad not picking at least 2 more left footers, even if it meant Braithwaite and Mitchell from palace. The Balance in that England side is really poor currently
It's Gerrard/Lampard all over again, isn't it. Wanting to accommodate too many good players instead of building a balanced team. It's just odd playing Trent in midfield and Trippier at LB. England's left side was completely nullified offensively.

It's Gerrard/Lampard all over again, isn't it. Wanting to accommodate too many good players instead of building a balanced team. It's just odd playing Trent in midfield and Trippier at LB. England's left side was completely nullified offensively.

Yep
Must play Trent as he is the best passer… he ain’t and you shouldn’t
But that’s what he now believes despite not doing it for the last 2/3 years in the games before

We are missing our first choice left back… I know let’s play a guy who is completely one footed and plays on the other side by going on the outside

Just odd and weak management

To be fair to him we have hindsight to assist us. But I think you’re right. His HT talks defo need work. He seems to set up teams okay and then get a bit negative. He also seems to follow the crowd rather than see things himself and have a vision. Seeing Kane marked out the game, a better manager adapts. Mixes it up. Never mind the dominating narrative about how Kane needs to stay up top and stretch play. Maybe he does for some games, but not that one. He touched the ball only a few times against Serbia and him staying out made us too predictable. Get more movement and drag them out of shape with Kane and Bellingham swapping now and again.

Back