• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Confederations Cup 2013

Hulk has a 1 in 4 strike rate at international level and you want him to be the spear head of their attack, funny that coming from someone called diego_maradona

I don't like any Brazilian striker currently. Could play Hulk right forward as he does or could choose between Hulk, Fred, Damaio, or Jo up top. Think the rest of the team is decent, not what we've grown up on, but very decent

I don't like any Brazilian striker currently. Could play Hulk right forward as he does or could choose between Hulk, Fred, Damaio, or Jo up top. Think the rest of the team is decent, not what we've grown up on, but very decent

Why not just have Neymar up top? He's the star man, a striker. You wouldn't put a Pele, Ronaldo or Romario out wide.

That why you have the likes of Lucas/Bernard/Oscar/Hulk/Willian/Wellington Nem to fight over the attacking places?

........................Julio Cesar.......................
.............Thiago Silva.....Dante..................
Dani Alves...........Sandro..............Marcelo
................Paulinho.........Ramires..............
......Oscar..................................Lucas.......
............................Neymar..........................

is damn good and exciting. Pretty solid centre half pairing with pace and power. You have Alves and Marcelo as wing backs bombing up and down, Sandro/Paulinho/Ramires helping out defensively as all have outstanding engines and work rate, Paulinho and Ramires get forward whenever possible. You then have Lucas and Oscar cutting in and causing havoc with Neymar destroying teams with his pace and finishing. Pretty sure all 3 front men can interchange too.

I mean if they want to switch it up they could play Hulk out wide, bring in Damiao and push Neymar out wide. They have great options, they're producing very good defensive midfielders in this generation so I think they'll be a great team if they can really find the right balance.

Decent team that Mumorn. Not sure about whether Neymar, Lucas and Oscar are enough going forward. Paulinho, Sandro and Ramires may be too pragmatic. Good strength in midfield and Alves and Marcelo could potentially count as attackers.

@Naija re Hulk. Not his biggest fan but you do realise he doesn't play up top for Brazil. Wouldn't expect his scoring record to be on par with Messi or Cristiano, but brazil for once are short on good number 9's

There is a bit of a buzz building around the Selecao now, you hear that anthem? They sung the whole thing despite fifa only playing half.

This pace is frightening. Can't wait to see Brazil Spain... Hope italy, or Uruguay don't have other ideas!

Samba football is back it seems. I'm liking this Brazil team, pretty strong in every area of the pitch with plenty of flair, perhaps only missing a real top quality forward.

Do people find it a little strange that Brazil don't seem to be able to produce any deep lying playmakers type midfielders? I mean they're great at producing advanced attacking midfielders but when it comes to deep lying creative players it seems they can't do it.

Do people find it a little strange that Brazil don't seem to be able to produce any deep lying playmakers type midfielders? I mean they're great at producing advanced attacking midfielders but when it comes to deep lying creative players it seems they can't do it.

maybe its the way they're brought up? Bit like how England don't really produce Xavi/Iniesta type players and the only one we really have is Wheelchair.

Mexico have been the better team. I forgot Paulinho was even playing. I've been very impressed by dos Santos but then again I always am whether he's playing for Spurs, Mexico, Mallorca or where ever we shafted him off too when he was here. I do think Brazil will win though, I think they'll get a goal on the break, whether Mexico equalise first or get a consolation is the exciting part of it.

There so much space in the Brazilian club make that they don't need to play a deep lying playmaker.
Look at their technical ability and they should have them but no one plays that position out there.

Mexico have been the better team. I forgot Paulinho was even playing. I've been very impressed by dos Santos but then again I always am whether he's playing for Spurs, Mexico, Mallorca or where ever we shafted him off too when he was here. I do think Brazil will win though, I think they'll get a goal on the break, whether Mexico equalise first or get a consolation is the exciting part of it.

Best Brazilian on the pitch for the last 20 minutes.

Best Brazilian on the pitch for the last 20 minutes.

trying-to-remember.gif

Brazil have struggled with being able to dictate the 'Brazilian way' since the loss of form of the likes of Kaka and Ronaldinho. They've remained pragmatic since Menez and even Dungas reign.

They used to have Dunga in 94-2006. I remember the likes of Rai and Zinho back in 94. All great at keep the ball moving but Dunga was the pass master, the heartbeat. They've always used protectors in front of him or alongside in Mauro Silva, or Gilberto Silva.

I think the style has evolved a lot. It's not so much about a player specifically sitting deep and dictating play, it's more that the team used to be littered with players who just loves to keep the ball. Even the squad players like Juninho or Ricardinho, Ze Roberto just kept the ball. Now they are strong powerful and looking to hurt the opposition.

I feel they are similar to us in that they are primarily a counter attacking side. I think when they have the likes of Sandro or Lucas Leiva back they will e hard to break down an could cause the likes of Spain a lot of problems

Good point, they do seem to struggle in that area, i'm struggling to name more than one. Hernanes is one player in the current squad that can play in that position as well as a more advanced role. Was impressed with him when we played Lazio at the Lane last season.

Back