• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Euro 2016 Final - Portugal vs France

International football in its current format needs to die. Should be limited to summers only.

It's nothing to do with formats. The standard of player across all teams is not good enough. Teams are too well prepared and organised. The obsession of playing with one forward has led to the death of strikers.

Club football is going the same way.

Give credit where credit is due. Portugal did everything right. No team could break them down, France was knackered. Portugal fought tooth and nail and Eder strike was clinical to win Portugal their first major cup. Ronaldo coming back to the pitch to rally the troops is what a captain suppose to do. In contrast, England had no leaders, had no fight and bowed out of the tournament to Iceland.

Was France average today? Nah, Portugal tactically and defensively stifled them. Just as Portugal stifled all the team that went up against them.

Portugal broke records. First third place team to ever win a FIFA and UEFA international football tournament on all levels including women's football.

71445109_6576_4937_982b_6f9d376c48f0.jpg

cr7_pepe.jpg

2326055_s2.jpg

Last edited:
It's nothing to do with formats. The standard of player across all teams is not good enough. Teams are too well prepared and organised. The obsession of playing with one forward has led to the death of strikers.

defending is football too

Then stop wasting our time with it. Get rid of international breaks. Save the sub-par football for summer tournaments (have qualifying in odd years).

This will never happen but they need to go back to 16 teams at the Euros. Teams finishing 3rd place in the group going on to win it is madness.

I think having 24 teams was just about the only positive with this tournament. Exciting to see some new countries qualify. It was the supposedly big names that were crap, especially in the knockout rounds.

We all know you think goals are overrated

You must have loved tonight's game and the whole tournament ;)

I watched pretty much every game, Italy were a delight, I have no issue with a team doing what Portugal have done, you don't get points for style, I felt tonight's game lost something when Ronaldo went off from an entertainment POV, but football
is a sandbox, all that happens within it is football, I enjoy football

Would some of you be moaning if we won the Champions League playing like Portugal? Playing pretty doesn't always win you trophies.

The moths are going get MOTM at this rate
Moth of the match was the one who landed on Ronaldo's face during one of the crying incidents ( there were plenty). There were also two moths that landed on the Portuguese coach's ass at one stage which send my kids into hysterics that deserved an honourable mention. In fact the match was so brick we spent most of it looking for moths.

Congrats to portugal, I'm not one of the anti football phalanx, you out a team out to win the tournament, in 10 years time we won't remember what flair the Croatians played with, we'll just see portugal won the Cup. Congrats to santos, he had a gameplan that was executed perfectly, Deschamps couldn't coach his way out of a paper bag with those players at his disposal, what was Pogba doing isolated as he was, I could go on, and Ronaldo pushing his coach and congratulating Clattenberg when he went up to get his medal, funny stuff. Not a tournament that will be remembered but thats the nature of the modern game .

So glad that's over. Has me questioning if I'm even a football fan..

Moth of the match was the one who landed on Ronaldo's face during one of the crying incidents ( there were plenty). There were also two moths that landed on the Portuguese coach's ass at one stage which send my kids into hysterics that deserved an honourable mention. In fact the match was so bricke we spent most of it looking for moths.
I think you guys missed all good moments such as Quaresma doing this to Koscielny, Benzema invading the pitch, the premature French celebrations :D

Cn_Che2g_Xg_AARI8_D.jpg

Cn_Cj_Rh_PXYAA8_Xau.jpg

Wanted France to win, but can't say I'm too bothered. fudgeing Ronaldo though, still a fudgeing clam.
Someone said 'For all his theatrics and antics, if England players showed half of the passion on the field that Ronaldo showed off it, we might actually achieve something.'

1. Italy drew all their group games in 1982, and won the WC.

2. Nobody complained when the Italians played negative football to win the WC in 2006.

3. Greece and Denmark won the Euro's playing the same style of football in 2004 and 1992 respectively.

4. Portugal won without Ronaldo.

But that won't stop people being negative and being haters.

Back