• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Euro 2016 Group B - England, Russia, Slovakia, Wales

Spurs - Russia: 1-1

On the post match on ESPN Bob Ley asked the question whether the presence of so many Spurs players in the England squad was the reason for the last minute collapse. In other words, whether the S.pursy result was due to the Spurs players. fudge off.

This is why I don't like it whenever there are many Spurs players in the England squad. You know Spurs will always get blamed if England don't do well.

As for the match, really surprised England only drew with Russia. Have always supported Russia since the Soviet Union days. But thought England will trounce Russia as Russia have been shyte in almost all the major tournaments since the breakup of the USSR. Instead, England looked toothless in attack with Kane and Alli being very poor.

Dier did well to score from the freekick but thought Alli was lucky to win the freekick in the first place. The media will try to blame Rose for Russia's goal but Hart and the England defence should have done better for the goal. I think Hart is over rated as a goalie. It was comical the way he gave away the ball to a Russian player near the corner flag late in the match. Just imagine if Russia had scored the winning goal from that !

England will never win anything with Hart in goal. I cannot believe he plays for Emirates Marketing Project. He is an accident waiting to happen. That incident in the last 30 seconds was cringe worthy.

Average result, good performance. Cast your mind back to previous tournaments... Pure scared to lose turgid performances.

Last night we were creative and forward thinking.

Defensively It will be heart in the mouth stuff most of the time but if we go full on with the outscoring the opposition tactic, so be it.

The majority had good to very good games. Even Sterling played much better but is just lacking game time and a bit of confidence. Harry doesn't need a touch, just one chance like some of the others had.

Lallana won me over with his first half performance, he faded in the 2nd half but overall did well.

Sterling was the weak link in the team imo. Harry didn't play that well, but he still held the ball up and did the donkey work of the number 9. Sterling just looked totally clueless with the ball at his feet. I wouldn't mind seeing either Vardy or Barkley in his place. I think Barkley would do well from that position.

Spurs - Russia: 1-1

On the post match on ESPN Bob Ley asked the question whether the presence of so many Spurs players in the England squad was the reason for the last minute collapse. In other words, whether the S.pursy result was due to the Spurs players. fudge off.

He forgot to mention, that Dembele was suspended and we missed Lamela, Eriksen, Alderweireld and Vertonghen too :p

I still can't get over the comments about how well we played it out from the back. Hart, Smalling and to a lesser extent Cahill were pretty poor with the ball on the deck, especially Hart who kicked it long a few times too often.

Lallana won me over with his first half performance, he faded in the 2nd half but overall did well.

Sterling was the weak link in the team imo. Harry didn't play that well, but he still held the ball up and did the donkey work of the number 9. Sterling just looked totally clueless with the ball at his feet. I wouldn't mind seeing either Vardy or Barkley in his place. I think Barkley would do well from that position.

I agree, so many attacks broke down because of sterling, he dosnt know how to release the ball he just mindlessly runs with it, stops, passes backwards and by then Russia then had all their players back.I dont know if its a confidence thing or what but he was really awful. Id keep the team the same apart from him, Vardy in the there instead.

Harry wasn't at the races tonight because Sterling didn't get out the stalls. You cannot perform if you don't get the service. The number of runs Harry made that opened up space for Alli, Lalana and Sterling to exploit and then see wasted was abysmal, don't have a go at Harry look at the rest of the team for failing first.

Harry wasn't at the races tonight because Sterling didn't get out the stalls. You cannot perform if you don't get the service. The number of runs Harry made that opened up space for Alli, Lalana and Sterling to exploit and then see wasted was abysmal, don't have a go at Harry look at the rest of the team for failing first.

Do not agree, blaming other players for " one of our own" having a poor game is one eyed.

Do not agree, blaming other players for " one of our own" having a poor game is one eyed.

Didn't say he had a good game, I agree he was off the pace/not at the races/whatever cliched phrase you want to install. However, a striker is only as good as the service he gets, there was no service at all in to Kane hence he had a bad game. What little service he did get was either when he'd gone out to the wings to make space for the midfield to get into or when he took corners or free kicks. Both of which I will say were pretty poor (but he shouldn't be taking corners anyway).

Name me one clear cut chance that was created by our other players for him?

I don't think Kane was that bad, he had the attention of (and occupied) two cb's for most of the game, held it up well and pressed effectively, he didn't get any decent opportunities and had a couple of frustrated long shots which went a bit wild.

He had numerous equal performances for us last season without getting any stick.

England were affective on both sides of the ball and he played his part.

I thought Sterling slowed several moves down when it needed a quick ball to continue the momentum. Instead he dallied and the threat was gone.

England will never win anything with Hart in goal. I cannot believe he plays for Emirates Marketing Project. He is an accident waiting to happen. That incident in the last 30 seconds was cringe worthy.

Its not a major International tournament without an England Goalkeeper ruining his career.

Sterling was tinkle poor and Kane looked knackered.

Need to Start with Sturridge out wide instead of Sterling against Wales. Need someone who can create a but if magic against a compact defence.

Back