• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

FIFPro (Players union) planning major announcement on friday

What if the player wants to go and the club is happy to shift then off the wage bill?

If there's no fee then why even bother to have an academy?

What if the player wants to go and the club is happy to shift then off the wage bill?

i doubt there'd be any issues in this scenario. both the club and the player could come to a mutually beneficial deal. just like adebayor.

If there's no fee then why even bother to have an academy?

this could be an interesting one imo. but is it right that some people run academies, so that they can make money when they "sell" a human being?

however, i think acadmies and reserves will still exist because you would always want to have backup players available.

i think we can ignore all the talk about "unfair distributions of wealth under the current system" and "the current system maintaining an uncompetitve status quo". it seems fifpro have raised these issues because they know the general public also finds these issues controversial. but they havent come up with any solutions themselves, and if anything their proposed system looks like it will only strengthen the status quo.

however, it looks like they are acting in the interest of the players. which makes sense, because they are the players rep. if they abolish transfer fees, and introduce their contract buyout/release clause type system, players will massively benefit as wages would skyrocket. and they have been good in raising the moral/legal issues surrounding the legality of transfer fees. im not entirely sure where i stand, but i think im erring towards the side of fifpro on this one.

The players get the money anyway. Few clubs and owners pocket the transfer fees, they use it to pay players and buy other players, passing the money to other clubs to pay players.

For all the talk of the massive money spent on transfer fees, people forget that most of the money spent is money received on transfer fees. The extra TV money goes to players wages, either in English game or at foreign clubs using the transfer fees they receive.

Remember that Fifpro are representing the players, not the game of football itself.

There is probably an Agents union who would come up with some system to favour agents, ditto owners, ditto broadcasters etc...

I don't know why some of you think this could be a good thing, it sounds terrible to me, no reason to develop players since they will just wander off to other teams with no transfer fee???

And PS it is no surprise that the resident Ars'enal fan Neymar has popped up in support of this system, since it would solidify the top 4 more than ever IMO.

And PS it is no surprise that the resident Ars'enal fan Neymar has popped up in support of this system, since it would solidify the top 4 more than ever IMO.

i'm not really sure whether i support the new system atm. but i think the moral and legal questions raised by fifpro re the current transfer system should be discussed by those working in the game.

and would it help arsenal? im not so sure. they are a club who have manouvered extremely well in the current transfer system. i dont think the proposed system would allow for such clever management. i suspect long term, it would enable liverpool to overtake arsenal.

I thought the whole idea of hoping we could see players seeing out their contracts disappeared years ago because of EU law and people being free to change jobs freely etc.?
It would be nice to have a big shake up where it wasn't about buying and selling players but who could develop the best teams via academies and training methods etc. but I can't see that happening

i'm not really sure whether i support the new system atm. but i think the moral and legal questions raised by fifpro re the current transfer system should be discussed by those working in the game.

and would it help Ar5ena1? im not so sure. they are a club who have manouvered extremely well in the current transfer system. i dont think the proposed system would allow for such clever management. i suspect long term, it would enable liverpool to overtake Ar5ena1.

I disagree with that. It would favour clubs that could pay big wages and transfer fees. Arsenal have the fourth highest wage bill in the league and have the capacity to pay more and still comfortably stay within FFP.

I disagree with that. It would favour clubs that could pay big wages and transfer fees. Ar5ena1 have the fourth highest wage bill in the league and have the capacity to pay more and still comfortably stay within FFP.

the new rules would make teams like liverpool spend their money more wisely. instead of blasting money off in transfer fees, it would just be put into wage> thus they would end up with better players.

wenger already knows that it is better to spend the majority of his resources on wages. this advantage would be negated by the new rules.

and also ffp doesnt matter to arsenal. making a profit is a big part of their business objectives. thus even breaking even is of little use to them, let alone making a 60m loss over 3 years (or whatever the ffp rule is).

the new rules would make teams like liverpool spend their money more wisely. instead of blasting money off in transfer fees, it would just be put into wage> thus they would end up with better players.

wenger already knows that it is better to spend the majority of his resources on wages. this advantage would be negated by the new rules.

and also ffp doesnt matter to Ar5ena1. making a profit is a big part of their business objectives. thus even breaking even is of little use to them, let alone making a 60m loss over 3 years (or whatever the ffp rule is).

Going into any changes Arsenal would be in a far stronger position than Liverpool. Last year that figures are available for Liverpool's turnover was £256m with 56% of that going on wages. Arsenal's was £304m with 55% going on wages. The only way that I could see Liverpool over taking Arsenal would be if they could qualify ahead of you for the Champions League and have decent runs for a number of seasons.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/apr/29/premier-league-finances-club-by-club

Going into any changes Ar5ena1 would be in a far stronger position than Liverpool. Last year that figures are available for Liverpool's turnover was £256m with 56% of that going on wages. Ar5ena1's was £304m with 55% going on wages. The only way that I could see Liverpool over taking Ar5ena1 would be if they could qualify ahead of you for the Champions League and have decent runs for a number of seasons.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/apr/29/premier-league-finances-club-by-club

liverpool wouldnt overtake arsenal in the short term, but in the future i think it could be possible. their fan base is still probably larger (globally). and their owners have shown that they are more willing to spend money on players than arsenals (relatively speaking ofcourse). if they stop wasting money on transfer fees, and put that money into wages, they will come close to arsenal

Back