• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Glasgow Rangers

The tv deal would be much bigger. If they beat ours so be it. They have just as much chance of surplanting Liverpool or Saudi Sportswashing Machine or Chelsea. Sounds like your motives are paranoid nd selfish. Which is understandable. But the English primer league isn't 100% English and has racist clubs in it already. It's no different to our ivalry with the scum or the Manchester or Liverpool derby. Happy days. Anyway, it won't happen so don't get your panties in a twist!! :)

The TV deal would probably be slightly bigger. But not by a significant amount. Most football fans in Scotland already subscribe to Sky Sports. Rangers and Celtic wouldn't therefore bring many new viewers from Scotland. And neither club would contribute a significantly higher audience from continental Europe, Asia, the Americas, Africa or Australasia.

And yes, my motives are partly selfish. Aren't most people's (if they're being honest)? Spurs have fought long and hard to get a point where we have a chance of qualifying for the Champions League at least occasionally (if not yet regularly or perennially). The last thing I want is for that to be taken away from us again. Any right thinking Spurs fan would agree.

You are right about one thing, however. It won't happen. Football League clubs are highly unlikely to vote for it. And even if they did, Premier League clubs wouldn't (as proven by the recent unanimous vote against when it was mooted by Bolton's chairman, Phil Gartside).

No body is being relegated to the first or third division! Rangers as they were don't exist anymore a new club has been formed they are being let straight in to the first division no relegation

The TV deal would probably be slightly bigger. But not by a significant amount. Most football fans in Scotland already subscribe to Sky Sports. Rangers and Celtic wouldn't therefore bring many new viewers from Scotland. And neither club would contribute a significantly higher audience from continental Europe, Asia, the Americas, Africa or Australasia.

And yes, my motives are partly selfish. Aren't most people's (if they're being honest)? Spurs have fought long and hard to get a point where we have a chance of qualifying for the Champions League at least occasionally (if not yet regularly or perennially). The last thing I want is for that to be taken away from us again. Any right thinking Spurs fan would agree.

You are right about one thing, however. It won't happen. Football League clubs are highly unlikely to vote for it. And even if they did, Premier League clubs wouldn't (as proven by the recent unanimous vote against when it was mooted by Bolton's chairman, Phil Gartside).

Both clubs have a global fan base

I'm a right thinking spurs fan and I want competition. Any right thinking sports fan would want the same.

No body is being relegated to the first or third division! Rangers as they were don't exist anymore a new club has been formed they are being let straight in to the first division no relegation

I dont get that though.

Firstly how can a newco just turn up and enter straight into the first division with no relegation?

Secondly what will this newco be called?

Thats a pretty big joke

I dont get that though.

Firstly how can a newco just turn up and enter straight into the first division with no relegation?

Thats a pretty big joke

Fixed it for you.

There is a spot open in the SPL. They are creating a totally new company, it's name is irrelevant. You can apply to be in the open spot in the league and be voted in by the other members.

Not sure how that's complicated, I can understand if your morally against it.

I dont get that though.

Thats a pretty big joke

The new company will eventually be called 'The Rangers Football Club'. However, they don't have permission to use that name until the liquidation of the oldco is completed, which could take up to a year. In the meantime the official name of new Rangers is 'Sevco 5088 Ltd'.

The means by which they can be drafted in the SPL or SFL1 is by share transfer from old Rangers to the Newco (similar to MK Dons), but they still need to clubs in that divisions to vote them in.

Fixed it for you.

There is a spot open in the SPL. They are creating a totally new company, it's name is irrelevant. You can apply to be in the open spot in the league and be voted in by the other members.

Not sure how that's complicated, I can understand if your morally against it.

Well if there is an open spot then how I view it is someone from the second division moves up then third moves to second then eventually there is an open spot right at the BOTTOM

Hence I see Rangers newco right at the BOTTOM

The new company will eventually be called 'The Rangers Football Club'. However, they don't have permission to use that name until the liquidation of the oldco is completed, which could take up to a year. In the meantime the official name of new Rangers is 'Sevco 5088 Ltd'.

The means by which they can be drafted in the SPL or SFL1 is by share transfer from old Rangers to the Newco (similar to MK Dons), but they still need to clubs in that divisions to vote them in.

When you say first division you mean the division below the premier? or you mean the first division? I want to know how there is an open spot thats all

Both clubs have a global fan base

But a global fan base that:

a) pales into insignificance by comparison to the overall fan base that the Premier League already attracts.

b) likely overlaps to a large extent with the Premier League's fan base (in other words, a Celtic fan in the USA might very well also support Man Utd or, at the very least, regularly watch Premier League football on TV).

So, big as both clubs are, what they would bring to the table would not add so very much extra in terms of TV audience. Certainly, nothing like enough to compensate for the potential losses that many English clubs would suffer as a consequence of the Old Firm's inclusion in the PL.

The space will be from the team that gets moved up into Rangers spot in the SPL.

Ah ok I get it now.

I doubt the clubs will vote them in though (im assuming they have to be voted in). The teams int he first wont get promoted if newco get in.

Ah ok I get it now.

I doubt the clubs will vote them in though (im assuming they have to be voted in). The teams int he first wont get promoted if newco get in.

I believe they do have to be voted in, and i also doubt it will happen. The other clubs in the first division have nothing to gain by voting them in, so why bother?

I believe they do have to be voted in, and i also doubt it will happen. The other clubs in the first division have nothing to gain by voting them in, so why bother?

More money for them? I am sure the newco will still have the same fans as the oldco - admittedly fewer but still enough to fill a 20k stadium

I wouldnt vote them in

More money for them? I am sure the newco will still have the same fans as the oldco - admittedly fewer but still enough to fill a 20k stadium

I wouldnt vote them in

True, but with the number of First team players straining to get out of the club i doubt they will gain promotion three times on the bounce.

Plus in their absence the other SPL teams can push through reforms.. they have the 11-1 majority required.

Proposals as seen by BBC Scotland as follows:

• Rangers are to be relegated with immediate effect and be replaced in the SPL by Dundee.
• Television rights for Rangers matches in Scottish Football League Division One are to be bought by the SPL for £1m.
• The SPL and SFL will merge into one body at the start of season 2013/14.
• Play-offs between the top two divisions will be introduced in time for the coming season
• There will be an increase in the parachute payments made to clubs relegated from the SPL.
• Changes will be made to the distribution model for clubs in the top two tiers with teams in the lower leagues earning a similar amount to the current set-up.
• A new pyramid system will become effective from season 2014/15 that will allow a potential place in the new league format for a team from either the Highland league or newly-created 'Lowland League'.
• Rangers newco acceptance into the Scottish FA would only be approved if they accept responsibility for the football debts and fines incurred by the pervious club along with their waiving of rights to a legal challenge.

It is understood Rangers chief executive Green has been "briefed" by Hibernian chairman Rod Petrie on the plans to gain their approval.

All these changes have to be approved by SPL and SFL clubs over the next few days.

Back