• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ingerlund

I do wonder who it'll be next.. there's almost zero candidates other than Howe and I doubt he's gonna leave Saudi Sportswashing Machine. Although, They'll probably sack him after a poor start to the the new season straight after we have appointed the new England manager lol

England's provisional Euro 2024 squad​

Goalkeepers: Dean Henderson (Crystal Palace), Jordan Pickford (Everton), Aaron Ramsdale (Arsenal), James Trafford (Burnley).

Defenders: Jarrad Branthwaite (Everton), Lewis Dunk (Brighton), Joe Gomez (Liverpool), Marc Guehi (Crystal Palace), Ezri Konsa (Aston Villa), Harry Maguire (Manchester United), Jarell Quansah (Liverpool), Luke Shaw (Manchester United), John Stones (Emirates Marketing Project), Kieran Trippier (Saudi Sportswashing Machine), Kyle Walker (Emirates Marketing Project).

Midfielders: Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool), Conor Gallagher (Chelsea), Curtis Jones (Liverpool), Kobbie Mainoo (Manchester United), Declan Rice (Arsenal), Adam Wharton (Crystal Palace).

Forwards: Jude Bellingham (Real Madrid), Jarrod Bowen (West Ham), Eberechi Eze (Crystal Palace), Phil Foden (Emirates Marketing Project), Jack Grealish (Emirates Marketing Project), Anthony Gordon (Saudi Sportswashing Machine), Harry Kane (Bayern Munich), James Maddison (Tottenham), Cole Palmer (Chelsea), Bukayo Saka (Arsenal), Ivan Toney (Brentford), Ollie Watkins (Aston Villa).
Gosh, so many "meh" keepers, we could do with a good new keeper arriving.

And so many "meh" defenders. Walker and Stones and ....er.... and ....um... I guess we will start with a 4 which can shift to a 3 with Walker moving up the right since we have no left back. No left winger either. And no left forward if Foden is drifting inside, so we don't really have any left side at all. Oh dear!!

Industrious midfielders. Some good ones though, I rate Rice Mainoo Wharton and we've seen Gallagher Jones Trent all perform well this year. Just 6 to pick from.

Seriously good forwards. Bellingham Kane Foden are absolutely elite. Then good quality behind that with people like Saka Bowen Gordon Palmer Watkins Grealish and I'd put Maddison quite far down that list.

So 7 of this squad won't go to Germany. 6 plus one of the keepers. Which 6 do you think will get left behind? There's gonna be a couple shocking omissions from all those forwards. Might even be Grealish, Bowen and/or Maddison etc. Tough decisions to make with those attacking players!

England's provisional Euro 2024 squad​

Goalkeepers: Dean Henderson (Crystal Palace), Jordan Pickford (Everton), Aaron Ramsdale (Arsenal), James Trafford (Burnley).

Defenders: Jarrad Branthwaite (Everton), Lewis Dunk (Brighton), Joe Gomez (Liverpool), Marc Guehi (Crystal Palace), Ezri Konsa (Aston Villa), Harry Maguire (Manchester United), Jarell Quansah (Liverpool), Luke Shaw (Manchester United), John Stones (Emirates Marketing Project), Kieran Trippier (Saudi Sportswashing Machine), Kyle Walker (Emirates Marketing Project).

Midfielders: Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool), Conor Gallagher (Chelsea), Curtis Jones (Liverpool), Kobbie Mainoo (Manchester United), Declan Rice (Arsenal), Adam Wharton (Crystal Palace).

Forwards: Jude Bellingham (Real Madrid), Jarrod Bowen (West Ham), Eberechi Eze (Crystal Palace), Phil Foden (Emirates Marketing Project), Jack Grealish (Emirates Marketing Project), Anthony Gordon (Saudi Sportswashing Machine), Harry Kane (Bayern Munich), James Maddison (Tottenham), Cole Palmer (Chelsea), Bukayo Saka (Arsenal), Ivan Toney (Brentford), Ollie Watkins (Aston Villa).
What’s the best 11 from that lot? Seriously unbalanced squad, with so much attacking threat and gaping holes at the back. Should go full Ardilles, with Bellingham, Foden, Kane, Palmer and Saka up front-ish.

What’s the best 11 from that lot? Seriously unbalanced squad, with so much attacking threat and gaping holes at the back. Should go full Ardilles, with Bellingham, Foden, Kane, Palmer and Saka up front-ish.
Well Southgate is VERY safety first stodgy boring, so perhaps he will be forced into going for it e.g. 3 diamond 3
Walker Stones [???]
Wharton Mainoo Rice
........Bellingham
Saka Kane Foden

Well Southgate is VERY safety first stodgy boring, so perhaps he will be forced into going for it e.g. 3 diamond 3
Walker Stones [???]
Wharton Mainoo Rice
........Bellingham
Saka Kane Foden
You would hope so - with that attacking quality, England should be able to outscore anyone.

I was looking at the BBC live feed as they were mentioning who was or wasn't making the squad.

They were talking about playing foden, Bellingham and rice in cm.

I was looking at the BBC live feed as they were mentioning who was or wasn't making the squad.

They were talking about playing foden, Bellingham and rice in cm.
I'd play Bellingham in the middle with Rice. Rice won't do anything adventurous, so Bellingham will get a bit of freedom.

Foden behind Kane, Clare Balding on the left and Saka right. When it comes to the big games and Saka starts to brick the bed, put Foden right and Grealish/Maddison in the middle.

Last edited:
A little surprised he didn't recall Dier in the 33 given all the injury questions, but if he wasn't going to make the 26 it's probably kinder.

Give the problems at left back he could have had a look at Tyrick Mitchell.
I agree on Tyrick Mitchell. This squad selection raises a lot of questions.

Why is Fikayo Tomori not in the squad? I am shocked. He plays regularly for Milan.
Think he was good last season but been a bit dodgy this season apparently.

Who knows for sure though, I haven't watched Italian football since the days of Football Italia on Channel 4!

Southgate tinkling away this generation raises questions ..

but hey, he's a nice guy and England players like each other now ...

They might like each other but it didnt look like they knew each other last night. I would have been tinkled off if I'd laid out money to take my family to see England and find it was a "B" team. How long will it take the big brains in football to work out you can't just pick any 11 players and expect them to put in a good or convincing performance.

I’m not anti Southgate or anything and it annoys me that the manager always gets the blame whenever England lose and the players always get away with it but I do feel he should walk or the FA need to act if we don’t win the euros depending on the circumstances. You need to see progression and whilst our defence isn’t very good, there aren’t many nations who can compete with our forwards in terms of quality and strength in depth. I wouldn’t necessarily say we’re the clear favourites and whilst you can never discount teams like Italy that know how to win, I’d say it’s only really France that have a squad of similar quality to us. I don’t think that’s being arrogant, that’s just my honest assessment and it would be nice to see Southgate allow the players to play with more freedom and be more daring rather than the typical Safegate approach.

Back