• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jake Livermore

Did OK yesterday I thought. I haven't watched the game on TV yet, but from my vantage point he was helped out a lot by Parker and Modric who often covered him when he was out of place.

How lucky are we to have Parker, Livermore and Sandro.

Parker's professionalism and attitude could do wonders for a willing learner like Jake. Hope he stays as level headed and grounded as he is today. He could go far. High hopes for Caulker too if he displays the same attitude.

I will admit to not seeing enough of Caulker still.

Who would you say is further along in terms of their development between Jake and Caulker?

To be fair, he already had this. Redknapp commented at some point last season about what a great attitude Livermore has....

I thought he stood out yesterday; looks to have improved a lot towards this end of the season. And he has to fit into our style of play which is also having a positive impact on him.

Well done Arry for having belief in the lad, it's paying dividends.

Shame we couldn't the same with Jenas though (you do remember him right?)

Last edited:
Did OK yesterday I thought. I haven't watched the game on TV yet, but from my vantage point he was helped out a lot by Parker and Modric who often covered him when he was out of place.

He was rarely if ever out of position yesterday. In fact it was him who kept an eye on the rb position when Walker bombed forward.

He was rarely if ever out of position yesterday. In fact it was him who kept an eye on the rb position when Walker bombed forward.

Well considering he was playing wide right of the three isn't that standard? I am talking about in central midfield. I was quite high up so had a good view of what was going on and it seemed to me that he often looked a little lost comparitive to Parker and Modric.

:yawn:

He was miles better than Parker who looks like a clueless clogger every time he crosses the half-way line

Last edited:
:yawn:

He was miles better than Parker who look like a clueless clogger every time he crosses the half-way line

I don't disagree that Livermore is better going forward than Parker. Parker is definitely at his best when he stays back, supports when we are in possession and keeps it simple.

I am not sure why people are comparing Livermore with Parker though. Livermore's natural game is more akin to Modric's.

Well considering he was playing wide right of the three isn't that standard? I am talking about in central midfield. I was quite high up so had a good view of what was going on and it seemed to me that he often looked a little lost comparitive to Parker and Modric.

yes, i noticed him dropping in there too.

and yes, it is standard, but it requires good awareness and a willingness to go and do it. there are plenty around who either don't spot things like or don't do anything to resolve it.

fair play to the lad, showed a nice bit of skill in a tight area too up on the left too.

Livermore out of position ? LOL it was him who covered for Parker getting out of position!

I can't agree. Once I have viewed the game on TV maybe I will get that perception too, but quite often Parker was out of position and having to scurry back BECAUSE he was covering for Livermore. More so in the first half than second it has to be said. Parker did a brilliant track back in the first half that saved a shot against us when Livermore and Walker were caught on their heels for example.

yes, i noticed him dropping in there too.

and yes, it is standard, but it requires good awareness and a willingness to go and do it. there are plenty around who either don't spot things like or don't do anything to resolve it.

fair play to the lad, showed a nice bit of skill in a tight area too up on the left too.

His close quarter control is superb, no doubt about that. His first touch is a little heavy, but once he has the ball under his control it sticks to him.

I don't disagree that Livermore is better going forward than Parker. Parker is definitely at his best when he stays back, supports when we are in possession and keeps it simple.

I am not sure why people are comparing Livermore with Parker though. Livermore's natural game is more akin to Modric's.

agreed... the times i've seen him sweep up as 'last man' at the back having tracked a run is amazing - an invaluable talent that the likes of Zokora never displayed.

going forward though [-X

he runs down blind alleys, does his 360s then, if he's not lost it, goes back whence he came. just give it simple Scotty!

I must say I am feeling quite smug, having been saying the things that everyone is saying here since day one! Always thought he would make a decent Premier League player. Same with Ekotto when everyone was slagging him off.

Smug rant over :eek:

Because you cant like and rate two CMs.

Please keep up.

Yes. Everyone has to have a favourite player in each position and must also hate everyone else in the same position.

I hold my hand up, I thought Livermore was a nothing player when he first broke through. I expected him to be the next Jamie O'Hara/Dean Marney. Glad to say I've been proven wrong. For me, "Chris Hughton Junior" is ahead of Sandro in the pecking order right now.

People are slagging off Harry's transfer dealings in the other thread. What do you think about this - http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7287236/Livermore-stay-cost-Spurs

the thing i like most about livermore is that he doesn't look like a young player playing well, he looks like he's been playing for years

Back