• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Juande Ramos

But with both you suddenly come into some money meaning that you can buy that certain special someone ;) At least for a while...

Honestly though, with all of the positive CL experiences I think there was more joy in that CL qualification than the last league cup win for me overall, by some distance. Although that was a better CL performance than we could expect on average if get back in of course.

One of the teams in the CL we faced we played last year in the Europa league.. Inter. Can I suggest next time take an mp3 player with you and play the champions league music to yourself as they come onto the pitch.

But with both you suddenly come into some money meaning that you can buy that certain special someone ;) At least for a while...

Honestly though, with all of the positive CL experiences I think there was more joy in that CL qualification than the last league cup win for me overall, by some distance. Although that was a better CL performance than we could expect on average if get back in of course.

For me winning a tournament trumps everything especially the way we won it. That said I still enjoyed the Champs league but you know what I wonder if that was just because of the novelty. However, which would I most likely become bored of as a fan, winning a trophy albeit the lesser ones or just making up the numbers in a tournament. Hmm I think the latter.

Last edited:
One of the teams in the CL we faced we played last year in the Europa league.. Inter. Can I suggest next time take an mp3 player with you and play the champions league music to yourself as they come onto the pitch.

:) I could try... Although I'm afraid I'm not a massive fan of being called a pathetic loser so I'm not quite convinced.

For me winning a tournament trumps everything especially the way we won it. That said I still enjoyed the Champs league but you know what I wonder if that was just because of the novelty. However, which would I most likely become bored of as a fan, winning a trophy albeit the lesser ones or just making up the numbers in a tournament. Hmm I think the latter.

I haven't tired of watching other teams in the Champions League yet, would take me a massively long time to tire of watching Spurs in it. I've watched a lot of league games with a lot of excitement despite us not being in with a shout of actually winning the league that season...

:) I could try... Although I'm afraid I'm not a massive fan of being called a pathetic loser so I'm not quite convinced.

I haven't tired of watching other teams in the Champions League yet, would take me a massively long time to tire of watching Spurs in it. I've watched a lot of league games with a lot of excitement despite us not being in with a shout of actually winning the league that season...

I never get the same feeling watching other teams as I do Spurs especially down the lane. And I am excited about watching spurs compete for the highest position in the league.

We are making up the numbers in the PL. Is it boring? I would say no.

We are making up the numbers in the PL. Is it boring? I would say no.

No because we have something to play for and we live in hope that we can win one of the other tournaments we play in. Nothing to play for in champs league unless you win it just like any other cup tournament. Just Ask gooners whether they are happy just being also rans. Anyway I am clearly going around in circles and probably heading for a divorce so I will bow out gracefully from this discussion.:)

But if Suarez had really wanted to go to Arsenal he could have forced a move. In the end the lure of playing for also rans like the scum have become was not enough.

The fact is, Suarez's behaviour meant that the offer Liverpool received was easy to resist. if he wasn't such a **** they might have had the same situation that we had with Bale.

But if Suarez had really wanted to go to Arsenal he could have forced a move. In the end the lure of playing for also rans like the scum have become was not enough.

He's probably getting paid roughly the same at Liverpool as he would have got at the scum, so it's really a question of whether he considers them a step up or if he'd rather wait one more season for someone like Real to come in (in terms of FORCING a move) .

From TottenhamOnMyMind:
http://tottenhamonmymind.wordpress.com/2014/02/21/spurs-embrace-the-mediocre-in-the-europa-league-again/

'Good luck to him [Ramos] and I’m sure he’ll get a ripple next Thursday at the Lane, although Ledley King won’t join in. In a biography as mild as camomile, he’s critical of Ramos’s lack of understanding of the players and the English game, or more precisely of his lack of effort in trying to understand the game, including insufficient preparation for games other than against the big teams. Led sees the good in everyone, so by the standards of the book that’s cataclysmic.'

Which not only suggests we were right to get rid, but also we will be in for a tough game Thursday. Hope the lack of an away goal doesn't come back to bite us, one goal from them and we need three.

In isolation yes. But 10 years of CL football will bring the club a lot further than 10 years of league cup wins.

CL participation was important to us signing VdV and keeping star players. Our league cup win saw us lose Berbatov and Keane the following summer, no?

but what's the point in having a team full of VdVs if they never achieve anything?

Of course regular Champions League football is important - but only because it allows us to challenge for trophies by building stronger teams - winning those trophies is the goal, for me at least.

Being up there in the league, fighting for the European spots, is far more enjoyable than the Sugar years of midtable mediocrity and the occasional cup run.

no doubt, but i don't think anyone is comparing a few cup runs to regularly being in the top 4/5 positions, are they?

there are many different ways you could spin it but for me the bottom line is trophies get counted and remembered, finishing 4th just means there were 3 teams better than you in the league.

no doubt, but i don't think anyone is comparing a few cup runs to regularly being in the top 4/5 positions, are they?

there are many different ways you could spin it but for me the bottom line is trophies get counted and remembered, finishing 4th just means there were 3 teams better than you in the league.

They do, I just think that titles, the FA cup and European honours count for more. I'm not knocking the league cup, everything is a bonus but it would be bottom of my list and below finishing fourth.

but what's the point in having a team full of VdVs if they never achieve anything?

Of course regular Champions League football is important - but only because it allows us to challenge for trophies by building stronger teams - winning those trophies is the goal, for me at least.

Having better players in your team makes you more likely that you win stuff. That's the point of having "a team full of VdVs".

Trophies will be the goal, but just like CL qualification is only a step in the right direction and not the final goal in itself I don't don't think a league cup win is an appropriate final goal for a club our size.

I have many vivid memories of our CL run, perhaps more than our league cup win although recency almost certainly plays a part here.

The Bale show at the San Siro, the way we crushed Inter at home, the nerves in the qualifiers followed by the joy and release of going through, the win away to Milan, keeping that lead and going through at home, even just playing against Real Madrid.

These memories will last me a very long time. Perhaps, in total, more than a single league cup win.

I would prefer a Tottenham that was competitive every season, rather than the odd cup run among years of dross. I'd rather have entertainment, excitement now than to sit here reminiscing about that one season we got lucky. Given the position we're in right now it's all about getting into the CL for long term improvement. In time the trophies will come.

I would prefer a Tottenham that was competitive every season, rather than the odd cup run among years of dross. I'd rather have entertainment, excitement now than to sit here reminiscing about that one season we got lucky. Given the position we're in right now it's all about getting into the CL for long term improvement. In time the trophies will come.

again, im not sure who's talking about the odd cup run here among years of dross? that's not what im talking about and it isn't the example i put forward.

He's probably getting paid roughly the same at Liverpool as he would have got at the scum, so it's really a question of whether he considers them a step up or if he'd rather wait one more season for someone like Real to come in (in terms of FORCING a move) .

This is it for me too. He's waiting for the big prize and probably didn't consider Arsenal that much of a step up so decided to stay put for one more season. I'll be shocked if he is not agitating for a move come the summer irrespective of where Liverpool finish.

again, im not sure who's talking about the odd cup run here among years of dross? that's not what im talking about and it isn't the example i put forward.

Not sure how to put this correctly, but you were saying it's no point having a strong team if we don't win trophies? My priority will always be the league. I would be mightily ****ed off if we threw a few league matches and "settled" for midtable just to put out full strength teams in a cup competition. Semi finals and finals, okay, but we can still play full strength teams in the league. CL is where the money is, but even the EL gives added exposure to the "brand".

Back