• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Furiosa - It's a lot of chaos / explosions / Aussie accents / immense landscapes / ridiculous makeshift vehicles. Not in a bad way but I'd say it's fairly predictable, excellent film but not as fresh and memorable as Fury Road was. It's hard to see where else to go with the franchise. Hemsworth definitely seemed like he enjoyed playing the villain for a change of pace.

Funnily enough I saw the trailer for borderlands looked fairly similar but with more of an ensemble cast vibe.

Does anyone either bother watching these any more?

That horse has been whipped buried and we had the wake.

I'm pant wettingly excited for it.

It's a different direction from the previous two, looks more Aliens than any of the others.

I do hope Scott gets around to finishing his prequel trilogy though.

Furiosa - It's a lot of chaos / explosions / Aussie accents / immense landscapes / ridiculous makeshift vehicles. Not in a bad way but I'd say it's fairly predictable, excellent film but not as fresh and memorable as Fury Road was. It's hard to see where else to go with the franchise. Hemsworth definitely seemed like he enjoyed playing the villain for a change of pace.

Funnily enough I saw the trailer for borderlands looked fairly similar but with more of an ensemble cast vibe.
I thought it was odd
Kinda pointless
But then it pulled itself together in the last third
Clocked mad max too on the hill
She did look like Charlizes furioso in the end

I love action films but I just couldn’t get into Fury Road. For me those films are a bit esoteric. I see this one has underperformed at the box office. I read an article in Forbes I think, saying they need to stop making them or make them for less money. Netflix is so ubiquitous now that I can’t imagine a single person on this forum doesn’t have it or at least hasn’t had it in their life at some point but it has cut into the profits of the cinema, the studios could afford to not make all of its budget back on a film knowing that the DVD release would make them extra revenue, that’s pretty much gone now so films have to be profitable in theatres. There’s been a lot of high profile bombs from the likes of Disney and Marvel in the last couple of years. They need to get control of the budgets. Read somewhere that the budget for She Hulk was bigger than one season of GOT. I liked She Hulk but it shouldn’t cost more than GOT, and the effects still looked ropey.

Watched Godzilla x Kong. Mindless fun and very entertaining! Sometimes you need a film where you just don’t have to think.

Also enjoyed The Fall Guy. Not sure why it has slightly underperformed at the box office given how in vogue Ryan Gosling is at the moment.
Just watched the Fall Guy. Very good I thought for what it was aiming for.

Last edited:
Back