• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Suarez - Serial Biter

Sorry but why should Liverpool feel aggrieved? He's a horrible little **** who they've not only stood by during an open and shut racist case and biting incident of their own, but actually tried to argue that he's done nothing wrong! They knew exactly what they're getting with this scum so serves them right. Just look at that you tube compilation a few posts above and that doesn't even show any of the 3 biting incidents, or him racially abusing evra and then refusing to shake his hand.

He was out of their control in Brazil, and doesn't appear to appreciate the loyalty and support Liverpool have afforded him. Yes he is a horrid scrote of a man which is their problem but isn't their fault.

fair enough, i don't see how impact on a players value is any basis for an appeal though

do you think they have a chance of a successful appeal? (missed that earlier, been in and out bidding on bikes on eBay)

I think that will be Liverpool's motivation for appealing, not the grounds for their appeal. The grounds for their appeal will be that the offence was committed on international duty, so the punishment should be too.

Firstly, it will not be his decision. Secondly, even if they are a laughing stock, how long will that last and how much will they care if it earns them an extra £10m?

sooner or later things like this will effect the brand though

I think that Liverpool will feel aggrieved if the ban has an impact on his value should they sell him this summer. I think that they will appeal to protect the value of their asset.

But how can they appeal to protect the value of their asset, when the exact value doesnt actually exist. A player is only worth what another team will actually pay for him. A team can value a player whatever price it wants. It doesnt mean they are worth, or will ever be able to sell him for that amount.

If Liverpool demand £70m but Madrid or Barcelona only offer £60m, Liverpool cant prove that they would have got more if this had never happened. Its impossibe to prove.

But how can they appeal to protect the value of their asset, when the exact value doesnt actually exist. A player is only worth what another team will actually pay for him. A team can value a player whatever price it wants. It doesnt mean they are worth, or will ever be able to sell him for that amount.

If Liverpool demand £70m but Madrid or Barcelona only offer £60m, Liverpool cant prove that they would have got more if this had never happened. Its impossibe to prove.

I answered this question in post #263

He was out of their control in Brazil, and doesn't appear to appreciate the loyalty and support Liverpool have afforded him. Yes he is a horrid scrote of a man which is their problem but isn't their fault.

because that loyalty is superficial, and he knows it. any loyalty that fans have to players is superficial, and every player in the world knows this. suarez doesnt owe the liverpool fans anything imo.

There must be clauses that allow them to stop paying him his wages because he has made himself unavailable. I don't think they stand any chance with an appeal, but he shouldn't be costing them any money. Any drop in value is purely on Suarez.

They will want to get as much as they can. What he has done will further impact on his value but they will want to try and minimise this.

yeah, but the calculation isn't as simple as just maximising the fee, an appeal for something like this will need a lot of expensive lawyers

There must be clauses that allow them to stop paying him his wages because he has made himself unavailable. I don't think they stand any chance with an appeal, but he shouldn't be costing them any money. Any drop in value is purely on Suarez.

I'll be very surprised if they didn't put some kind of protection clause in his contract to cover this eventuality

I'll be very surprised if they didn't put some kind of protection clause in his contract to cover this eventuality

They were desperate for him to sign an extension for the publicity coup and to give Rodgers/the club a boost. If his advisors got a clause that allows him to leave to specific clubs they might have been able to push for other clauses in his favour.

It's not FIFA doing Liverpool wrong, it's Suarez.

If had suffered a serious injury while at the WC, would that be grounds for a compensation lawsuit?

They were desperate for him to sign an extension for the publicity coup and to give Rodgers/the club a boost. If his advisors got a clause that allows him to leave to specific clubs they might have been able to push for other clauses in his favour.

maybe ayers read it wrong, he thought it said bratwurst and cannoli, rather than branislav and chiellini under his lunch requirements

It's not FIFA doing Liverpool wrong, it's Suarez.

If had suffered a serious injury while at the WC, would that be grounds for a compensation lawsuit?

By the same token, if he got a worldwide ban when playing in the premiership and missed the world cup, could the country of Uruguay sue Liverpool.

Back