• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Suarez - Serial Biter

Re: World Cup Group D - Uruguay, Costa Rica, England, Italy

It's not just his biting, in recent games against us he kicked Dawson when he was on the floor at Anfield, and certainly took a disliking to Parker as he caught him with a straight arm tackle in the throat and a kick in the stomach at WHL. He is like a petulant child and would be removed from any nursery for the safety of others.

What would people think is a reasonable punishment then?

Something similar to what he got at Liverpool, but at international level seems about right to me. Perhaps a bit less as there are so few internationals per year. Perhaps a year out from internationals?

I have seen some speculate that he'll get a ban that also applies to club games. Cannot see it happening.

I think he will get a year ban from International football which is a totally cop out.

3rd offence of the same kind (on top of the rest of the rubbish he gets away with) it should be a 6 month global ban or even longer. Once is careless but three times ..... this is bringing the game into massive disrepute.

Something similar to what he got at Liverpool, but at international level seems about right to me. Perhaps a bit less as there are so few internationals per year. Perhaps a year out from internationals?

I have seen some speculate that he'll get a ban that also applies to club games. Cannot see it happening.

First and foremost the guy clearly has serious issues and needs professional help, any punishment must include mandatory ongoing support for him as long as he is in the professional game, plus a 10 game International ban. It's difficult to be impartial as I hate the little **** and would love to see him globally banned for 2yrs.

I needed him to score one more goal to win a bet.. I guess disciplinary action will be fast-tracked so he'll miss the next round?

Wouldn't tear up your betting slip just yet ...could see FIFA procrastinating this one for a month

Wouldn't tear up your betting slip just yet ...could see FIFA procrastinating this one for a month

I dont think it will be resolved until after the world cup, as you say, procrastinate. That way FIFA avoids all this ****e.

Looking at it objectively rather than emotionally, as some may be, id suggest six month ban plus professional help and he must attend psychological or psychiatric help. We need to help footballers rather than beat the crap out of them at every opportunity. This isnt just for footballers but in any walk of life, employees would get help etc through work offerings and I guess football isnt much different. He has done it three times now but why? There is definitely an issue.

Although if I bit a work colleague tomorrow id get fired for misconduct and most probably have my professional qualifications stripped.

A decision must be made before Saturday, when Uruguay plays Colombia in a round-of-16 match.

as its an international game rather than a club game will the previous bites even be considered?

Despite all the problems we have with England I would hope that any player with this type of record would never represent England. Only player who comes to mind is Joey Barton and he appears to be ignored. The FA should have handled the Terry issue better but I believe they would act quicker and with stricter action in future.

as its an international game rather than a club game will the previous bites even be considered?

Of course. Why should we differentiate. If I bite someone in one company but move on to another and bite someone there - I would expect them to recall the other instance. Its themes and trends. A one off would be 'understandable' twice is ridiculous and three times is unfathomable. Football is football

I also think it is strange how many people seem to back him when he is clearly in the wrong, and not just in this incident. He's like a living cult (I said cult ;))

The most obvious 'complete' punishment would be ......that he bites someone, they get to smash his teeth out with an elbow (retaliation satisfaction, instant football fan satisfaction), he loses his weapon of choice and ability to repeat offend (and a silver lining for suarez is he loses the biggest nashers this side of Newmarket).

I also think it is strange how many people seem to back him when he is clearly in the wrong, and not just in this incident. He's like a living cult (I said cult ;))
Tabarez and Lugano both know they're going home without him. Desperation.

I like how Oscar is blaming a British press vendetta, the same British press who made him their player of the year this time around.

Despite all the problems we have with England I would hope that any player with this type of record would never represent England. Only player who comes to mind is Joey Barton and he appears to be ignored. The FA should have handled the Terry issue better but I believe they would act quicker and with stricter action in future.

What has changed since the Terry incident?

And that was John Terry quite clearly in the twilight of his career and an issue that was likely to divide the dressing room. Suarez is at the height of his career and although some Uruguayan players probably privately think he's a dingdonghead I doubt many players will want him banned or excluded.

It's not pleasant, but I understand why the Uruguayan FA and management will try to rally behind Suarez and I would expect the same from most associations to be honest.

Tbf I can kind of understand why those he plays for / with would attempt to make something up like it was just a headbut to defend him, however ridiculous it makes them look, because he's the best player in their teams. I'm actually getting the impression from all the Suarez incidents that the Uruguayans as a whole are complete scum though, the whole Negrito thing and each biting incident just seems to make him more popular there.

Why to TalkSh*** keep insisting that FIFA can't do anything about club football?

Meanwhile, on the Beeb...

Gordon Taylor, chief executive of the Professional Footballers' Association, has said Luis Suarez has given Liverpool a "big problem".

"He's their finest and most valuable player," Taylor told BBC Radio 5 live. "There's already been talk of the richest clubs in the world wanting him.
"He does have a big value. I would imagine Brendan Rodgers would want to keep him. It's something that he and his current club are going to have to deal with and can't ignore.
"They've circled the wagons around him before and I would expect them to do the same. I've not known Fifa to impose a domestic ban as well as an international ban unless it was related to an infringement for drugs. They do have that power."

why are the media feeling sorry for liverpool/rodgers?

if liverpool felt the same way about suarez' morals as everyone else, they would've sold him a long time ago. they've backed him because their long term future is based around luis suarez and getting back in the top 4, and the morals of their footballers is of little concern to them.

What has changed since the Terry incident?

And that was John Terry quite clearly in the twilight of his career and an issue that was likely to divide the dressing room. Suarez is at the height of his career and although some Uruguayan players probably privately think he's a dingdonghead I doubt many players will want him banned or excluded.

It's not pleasant, but I understand why the Uruguayan FA and management will try to rally behind Suarez and I would expect the same from most associations to be honest.

We will have to wait and see, but at the time it appeared Capello want to keep him as his captain and his mates in her majesties press where trying to get him on the agenda before the World Cup and the FA kept firm.

Back