• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

I cannot stand this anymore We need to buy, buy, buy. I don't care about the quality, can we just buy a few, please? :D:D

WEST HAM MAKE £20M FERNANDES OFFER

West Ham United have made an offer to sign Sporting Lisbon midfielder Bruno Fernandes, according to Sky sources.

The bid is around £20m, with Sporting looking for £25m.

One other unnamed Premier League has shown concrete interest and it is thought Atletico Madrid are also keen.

Fernandes played for Portugal at the World Cup and was one of a number of players who asked for his Sporting contract to be terminated.

The player would have been available for free, but a compromise is being worked on whereby the club would receive a cut price transfer fee.

I cannot stand this anymore We need to buy, buy, buy. I don't care about the quality, can we just buy a few, please? :D:D

You jest but this window will become a mad scramble given the world cup and then earlier end date, and that might well lead to some teams making more panic buys than normal. Most clubs will presumably have their prioritised list of targets in various positions and I dare say a lot of calls already gone in, however we've seen historically that one deal happening or not happening can have a domino effect on other deals - this year there will a lot less time to solve for those hiccups.

Liverpool and Man U are in a slightly better position given that they each have 2 in already, whilst you'd have thought that Arse would be in a weak position given a lot of new managers overhaul their squads, and **** knows what going on at Cheatski - if they push Conte (which always seemed inevitable) then they're cutting it very fine in terms of transfers and also for the new man settling in and getting his ideas across to his team. Feels like we're somewhere in between - squad needs tweaking rather than an overhaul, but depending on what happens you could have 3 senior players (TA, MD, DR) leaving and needing replacing as a min, in addition to any strengthening.

Would have made more sense had the PL introduced the earlier window closure in a non World Cup year so that teams could get used to it first. Going to be a fun final 6 weeks of the window!!

Does this lack of movement suggest that all our targets are still involved in the WC, along with our potential sales?

Either that or other clubs targets are, and those deals need to be done before ours can happen further down the chain.

Also, in all honesty, a lot of players will be hoping the WC gives them a platform to attract bigger clubs - so will likely be holding out to see how that goes.

Either that or other clubs targets are, and those deals need to be done before ours can happen further down the chain.

Also, in all honesty, a lot of players will be hoping the WC gives them a platform to attract bigger clubs - so will likely be holding out to see how that goes.

Agree, and this chain effect could cause problems for PL teams given that European teams are all still (I believe) working to a 31 August deadline. What English clubs have in our favour obviously is deeper pockets, so a European team should want to sell someone before the UK deadline to get the best price - once PL teams are out of the picture, the price likely falls. That said, a European team who doesnt want to sell might be able to extract a huge price from an English team given we hvae a lot less time to buy players so there risks being some irrational/panic buys from some clubs

Does this lack of movement suggest that all our targets are still involved in the WC, along with our potential sales?

I still think the Alder, Martial, De Ligt roundabout is just waiting for Alder to finish in Russia to kick into action

Then all we are left with is sorting Dembele's replacement

Then all we are left with is sorting Dembele's replacement
luka_2320707k.jpg

MAHREZ SET FOR LEICESTER

Riyad Mahrez looks set to complete his long awaited move to Emirates Marketing Project later this week.

Sky Sports News has learnt that Leicester will receive around £60m – some way short of their £80m asking price in January.

We believe that all major aspects of the deal have been agreed and barring any last minute hitches, the Algerian winger will undergo a medical in Manchester towards the end of this week.

The majority of Leicester’s players reported back for pre-season training yesterday. However, Mahrez and his Algerian team-mate Islam Slimani are not due back until next week, having played in an international friendly on June 7.

Bargain

What ?!?! Leicester paying £60m for their own player!!!! Not what I'd call a bargain. Maybe a new record though!!!

Perhaps we've got everything done and dusted, and waiting for the end of the world cup to lift the embargo.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Fapatalk

Perhaps we've got everything done and dusted, and waiting for the end of the world cup to lift the embargo.

Wishful thinking

I don't think we will make any signings until the unwanted players are sold. Sell to buy is the clubs policy

Wishful thinking

I don't think we will make any signings until the unwanted players are sold. Sell to buy is the clubs policy

Other than Alder, I don't think any of our other sales (Dembele, Nkoudou, Sissy, Janssen, Llorente) are likely to bring in more than £10m a head

I'd be amazed if many/any deals were done but just not announced yet - too many parties involved to keep things quiet

I'd be amazed if many/any deals were done but just not announced yet - too many parties involved to keep things quiet

I think it's more they will be done in principle, but the players won't finalise personal terms until they are released from international duty.

I think it's the same with new contracts. I reckon Eriksen's might be signed, and we're just waiting an appropriate mourning time for Denmark's departure

Back