• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tennis thread

I think the final is 50/50. I don't think Murray has choked in previous finals, he has just been outplayed and has had to play at a level way above himself (and out of his comfort zone) to compete.

I'm actually thinking of the Wimbledon semi last year against Nadal where for a set and a bit he was absolutely inspired banging winners but then the wheels fell off when he started missing and he lost all his confidence. Not comfortable going on all out attack in the way Federer does (not even sure Federer is anymore).

Anyway, this time I think Federer is mentally still fragile, something has gone from him there, he doesn't hit winners with the same confidence and Djokovic was below par meaning that semi result is a little misleading. Murray has a great chance but I hope he doesn't take it (sorry Leedspurs) as I love Fed to bits.

Don't worry I've got a grand riding on it now so I want Roger to win as well !!!

What I really want to see is Federer beating Nadal in another slam final but I can't see that happening. He needs that to be considered the greatest ever in my opinion, because at the moment I think Nadal has the greatest mentality while Federer is clearly the greatest technician. Both make the player.

Unless they are 1-2 or 3-4 in the rankings it won't happen as the will always meet in the semis

Their record in Slam finals is 6-2 to Nadal but 4 of those are the French Open. 2-2 on grass, hard court. Federer's mental strength is fine.

So will it be Britain's Andy Murray winning tomorrow or Scotland's Andy Murray losing...

Leeds, what you winning £500 on ???

Balls out mate. I've followed this lad for 8 years and everyone says hell never win one so I'm in the money obviously. What's Murray, 6/4? What would you do?

Balls out mate. I've followed this lad for 8 years and everyone says hell never win one so I'm in the money obviously. What's Murray, 6/4? What would you do?

Id have £100 on Murray, then youve covered all your bases, I do it all the time if I have an accy with just one result left to go

COME ON FEDERER true legend of the game and a real gentlemen. Make mincemeat of this Scottish bastard who pretends to be British yet hates England while all these mugs support him because they need to associate with a winner due to the failed success since Fred Perry.

Hope the self talking, bushed haired scotsman loses a horrible game and he takes that Gervinho forheaded shlagg with him.

AND WHAT?!

Just watched about 15 mins in 3D, it was actually pretty good, good depth to it all, the stats and scoring was quite good too as it moved towards you out of the screen

What I really want to see is Federer beating Nadal in another slam final but I can't see that happening. He needs that to be considered the greatest ever in my opinion, because at the moment I think Nadal has the greatest mentality while Federer is clearly the greatest technician. Both make the player.

Not for me he doesn't. Djokovic has beaten Nadal 3 times in grand slam finals and only lost once, but if their respective careers ended today, would Djokovic be considered better even though Nadal has won more grand slams?

Federer is a far better technical player than Nadal. Nadal's main strength is his superhuman ability to get the ball back. If Federer was a good an athlete as Nadal, I think he would beat him comfortably on most occasions.

COME ON FEDERER true legend of the game and a real gentlemen. Make mincemeat of this Scottish bastard who pretends to be British yet hates England while all these mugs support him because they need to associate with a winner due to the failed success since Fred Perry.

Hope the self talking, bushed haired scotsman loses a horrible game and he takes that Gervinho forheaded shlagg with him.

AND WHAT?!

Has an English girlfriend, lives in London and has English relatives. Really don't think he hates England.

So disappointed with the tennis match yesterday. Tsonga just didn't show up in the first two sets, looked much better after he went to see the trainer though and I thought he was the better of the two after that but it was too late. Fair play to Murray though took complete advantage and his returns as usual were outstanding. Looking forward to the final tomorrow, don't mind who wins, but as I have a proper soft spot for the greatest of all time, I'll go with Federer.

AND WHAT?!

Minuscule **** syndrome

Back