• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The FA Cup 2017/2018

Brereton is one for the future, he needs minutes to develop. I'd not like to see his development hindered because of Kane.

If we lose Kane in a couple of years and Brereton continues to develop the he'd be worth going for.

From the bbc:

Youthful side? What's youthful about a side with Ospina, Mertesacker, Debuchy, Elneny, Walcott and Welbeck as starters?
The forest team were younger.

I’ve noticed the bbc taking the Arsenal line a number of times in the last few weeks, almost apologetic for them with the pens, etc.

Draw tonight. So who's next?

Personally I would love to see us get another 3 home draws and go and win the bloody thing, then in years to come we will be a trivia question. Which team won the FA Cup and played every match at Wembley.
But no doubt that will end up being Chelsea in 2 or 3 years time.

When I used to play Championship Manager, in the 4th round you always seemed to draw a team you were playing in the league next match or the following weekend, so although I would love Rochdale or Yeovil Town at Wembley, in true CM fashion, we are probably drawing Man United or Liverpool away

From the bbc:

Youthful side? What's youthful about a side with Ospina, Mertesacker, Debuchy, Elneny, Walcott and Welbeck as starters?

Its the nature of modern football. The narrative is more important than the facts.

Wenger made 10 changes, showing just how little of a brick he gives about it, but that was still a vastly experienced side:

Arsenal
  • Ospina
  • Debuchy (Akpom)
  • Mertesacker
  • Holding
  • Maitland-Niles
  • El Neny
  • Willock (Nketiah)
  • Walcott
  • Iwobi
  • Nelson
  • Welbeck
A couple of young players, yes. A 'young side', no.

However, that enables this to be swept under the carpet conveniently, doesnt it?

Which is odd, really, as you would think there would be a lot of mileage in the FA cup holders being knocked out in the 3rd round to lower league opponents for the first time in something like 30 years. Just as you would think that the mighty Arsenal getting knocked out - with a strong side - by a younger team that SCORED 4!

Surely the actually truth is more newsworthy even if you just write sensationalist flimflam!

Its the nature of modern football. The narrative is more important than the facts.

Wenger made 10 changes, showing just how little of a brick he gives about it, but that was still a vastly experienced side:

Arsenal
  • Ospina
  • Debuchy (Akpom)
  • Mertesacker
  • Holding
  • Maitland-Niles
  • El Neny
  • Willock (Nketiah)
  • Walcott
  • Iwobi
  • Nelson
  • Welbeck
A couple of young players, yes. A 'young side', no.

However, that enables this to be swept under the carpet conveniently, doesnt it?

Which is odd, really, as you would think there would be a lot of mileage in the FA cup holders being knocked out in the 3rd round to lower league opponents for the first time in something like 30 years. Just as you would think that the mighty Arsenal getting knocked out - with a strong side - by a younger team that SCORED 4!

Surely the actually truth is more newsworthy even if you just write sensationalist flimflam!

Said the same to friends whilst watching the Arsenal game, the commentators are so full of sh1t! Maitland Niles had given the ball away so many times and all the Forest attacks were coming from his side, he was getting roasted, but the commentator said what a good game he’s having! They don’t even watch the game, just read from a script they wrote beforehand and for some reason this kid is the next big thing on the Arsenal production line (which means he’ll be playing for WBA, WHU or similar in 3 years time)!!

Said the same to friends whilst watching the Arsenal game, the commentators are so full of sh1t! Maitland Niles had given the ball away so many times and all the Forest attacks were coming from his side, he was getting roasted, but the commentator said what a good game he’s having! They don’t even watch the game, just read from a script they wrote beforehand and for some reason this kid is the next big thing on the Arsenal production line (which means he’ll be playing for WBA, WHU or similar in 3 years time)!!
I read somewhere that the Goons had 600+ Premier League appearances in their side. And the fact that he didn’t have their ‘Big Guns’ - their nickname is the Gunners, geddit? - on the bench shows he didn’t take it seriously.

VAR being used tonight, how does that work? How can you use on one tie only?

Sadly it looks like they are using the same method as Germany and Italy where the Ref has to physically go to a screen on the halfway line near the technical area and have 'discussion' with VAR ref over his microphone/earpiece. Unnecessary IMHO.
Personally I think the VAR referee should just talk to the referee on the field and give his verdict.
Fifa want to give the ref the final say at this early stage. I think this will slow the game down and it will change over the coming seasons.
I hope it will change rather like the first motor cars having to have a man waving a green flag walking in front of them for safety.

Haha, the target of 2% more accurate decisions as quoted today seems low for such upheaval.

I think the 2% was a quote from Mike Riley the manager of PGMOB, he's hardly likely to say it will improve decisions by 20 to 30% as it will make his members look like mugs.

Back