• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The London Taxpayers' Stadium Shambles

i dont think we should laugh too much at the Spammers and their current troubles.......next season we will be playing all our home games at Wembley and we all know how poor our results are at that ground.
West Ham's troubles are not really about the losses, thought that isn't helping, it is that their core support is leaving in droves and most won't be back. The move to the athletics stadium will go down as the single biggest mistake in their club history. KUMB really is a glum place and many on there think they are effectively witnessing the demise of the club. Obviously some of what's written is an exaggeration and over emotional but football is emotional. Even with all the seating/standing/segregation/ etc issues sorted the place will still be a soulless athletics arena and that they can't change. They're fudged.

good logical response, but sometimes logic goes out of the window with some things. We played ok against Monaco but we still lost. We have even lost an FA cup semi final to Portsmouth at the new Wembley, again who would have thought that could've happened.

Also we will have to factor in how many teams and players will raise their game simply because of having a chance of playing at the new Wembley, players who under normal circumstances wouldnt get a chance to play at that stadium.

it was Monaco, they play in a better stadium 25 times a season, I doubt they gave a toss about Wembley

West Ham's troubles are not really about the losses, thought that isn't helping, it is that their core support is leaving in droves and most won't be back. The move to the athletics stadium will go down as the single biggest mistake in their club history. KUMB really is a glum place and many on there think they are effectively witnessing the demise of the club. Obviously some of what's written is an exaggeration and over emotional but football is emotional. Even with all the seating/standing/segregation/ etc issues sorted the place will still be a soulless athletics arena and that they can't change. They're fudgeed.

sadly it will probably be the making of them, get rid of all the old scum and appeal to modern casual fans with greater disposable income and lower expectations, they should make a fortune

sadly it will probably be the making of them, get rid of all the old scum and appeal to modern casual fans with greater disposable income and lower expectations, they should make a fortune
I don't think so. The product on offer and the match day experience is not good enough to attract the plastics in sufficient numbers.

I don't think so. The product on offer and the match day experience is not good enough to attract the plastics in sufficient numbers.

It worked for Arsenal and Man U and also Chelsea who in particular having had so many 'new trendy' followers.

I think the plastics care more about where they eat and drink before and after and where they can say they went rather than the actual show itself, the club should be completely sustainable on corporate hospitality and the promise of top opposition as long as they are in the PL

get a box at West Ham, match it with some time in the Olympic pool or velodrome, convenient access to Stratford (+international) and City airport, Zlatan one week, Lamela a fortnight later, then Aguero

it should be easy money, they just need to get rid of the n'er do wells and make it family friendly

I think the plastics care more about where they eat and drink before and after and where they can say they went rather than the actual show itself, the club should be completely sustainable on corporate hospitality and the promise of top opposition as long as they are in the PL

get a box at West Ham, match it with some time in the Olympic pool or velodrome, convenient access to Stratford (+international) and City airport, Zlatan one week, Lamela a fortnight later, then Aguero

it should be easy money, they just need to get rid of the n'er do wells and make it family friendly
Well maybe. I just don't think they have the draw to pull it off. Clubs like Utd and Arsenal are in a different league to West Ham on all fronts and still have a decent core support.

But don't the plastics want to bathe in the reflected glory of successful teams, demonstrating how smart they are. Hardly fits the profile West Ham can provide without a massive influx of cash. I said when the rumour of us being sold that West Ham would be a far better investment for foreign buyer and I'm sure that's the plan of their board.

Good shopping near Wet Spam. I can imagine that's a massive draw.

exactly, bring the wife and kids

plenty of tourists who might fancy a last minute trip to the Premier League too

Once I've done all the other stadiums in and near London I'll probably go there as well. Still a few years away at the current rate. Just need to keep an eye on them in case they get evicted or something.

Well maybe. I just don't think they have the draw to pull it off. Clubs like Utd and Arsenal are in a different league to West Ham on all fronts and still have a decent core support.

Sorry to pick you up on this, it's one of my pet peeves...currently they are not in a different league. They may be much more popular and have more trophies etc etc, but they are very much in the same league. In fact you could argue that it's one of the few things they have in common!

Sorry to pick you up on this, it's one of my pet peeves...currently they are not in a different league. They may be much more popular and have more trophies etc etc, but they are very much in the same league. In fact you could argue that it's one of the few things they have in common!
You know what I meant.

Was fine until you said that. No football fan has low expectations. Especially when you have owners as they do who talk the club up as 10x greater than they actually are.

I think that the quality of the football and stadium will stop that happening.

Back