• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2017/18 Premier League Thread

Sadly I don't think cheering up is a possibility for @Spurs7891. I have yet to see a truly, fully positive post (I may be wrong and hope to Hoddle I am). Most of us moan on here, get a tad knee-jerky, head to the Sissoko thread to kick a man when he's down, but apart from not winning a trophy, or not winning enough, or not scoring enough, this sis one of the best times to be a Spurs supporter EVER in 'The Modern Era'.

I’m convinced he is secretly a computer virus

Surely our aim should be to win the league and then aim as high as we can if we can’t win it

And comebacks...http://www.squawka.com/news/comebac...m-losing-positions/929793#gCbAiu5pfyeFgEhw.97

Please cheer up and be positive

We’re in a ducking great place as a club

Those stats are from last season where we won 17 points(4 wins, 5 draws, 4 loses) from losing position, only behind Liverpool who had 18 points. In contrast, we have only 5 points(no win, 5 draws, 5 loses) from losing position this season and in 17th place, only ahead of Brighton, Huddersfield and WBA. Disappointingly, these 3 teams and us are the only 4 teams without a win from losing position this season.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/premi...ttbewerb/GB1/plus/?saison_id=2017&spiele=alle

spurs2018.jpg

Mind you, we couldn't even beat the shyte Newport and Rochdale in the FA Cup after going a goal down and only managed to draw to force the replays ! The only time we came back from a goal down to win was against Borussia Dortmund in the CL this season. Traditionally, we are good at coming from behind but not so this season. For the records, we have been in the top 2 places for points won from losing position since 2013. The last time we failed to win any matches after going behind in the league was way back in 1997. So, this will be an unwanted record from this season. For some reason, we find it hard to come back after going behind this season.

Last edited:
Those stats are from last season where we won 17 points(4 wins, 5 draws, 4 loses) from losing position, only behind Liverpool who had 18 points. In contrast, we have only 5 points(no win, 5 draws, 5 loses) from losing position this season and in 17th place, only ahead of Brighton, Huddersfield and WBA. Disappointingly, these 3 teams and us are the only 4 teams without a win from losing position this season.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/premi...ttbewerb/GB1/plus/?saison_id=2017&spiele=alle

spurs2018.jpg

Mind you, we couldn't even beat the shyte Newport and Rochdale in the FA Cup after going a goal down and only managed to draw to force the replays ! The only time we came back from a goal down to win was against Borussia Dortmund in the CL this season. Traditionally, we are good at coming from behind but not so this season. For the records, we have been in the top 2 places for points won from losing position since 2013. The last time we failed to win any matches after going behind in the league was way back in 1997. So, this will be an unwanted record from this season. For some reason, we find it hard to come back after going behind this season.
Could it be that we're all established force now and teams park the bus against us even more than they did in the past when taking the lead?

It certainly feels that Utd should be higher on that list
Surprisingly low on the PL injury time goals list too, albeit the most recent figures I can find are from a few months ago...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/pa...-benefited-late-goals-Premier-League-era.html
F4C3E8D1-248A-4030-A925-286E545ED1F6.jpeg

Dunno if anyone else have reached the century mark since this article published...

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...t-injury-time-goals-in-premier-league-history
7A331650-2A92-4983-BC4E-F422E1682C2C.jpeg

Considering where we are in the league, our total losses, draws, points, goals For and Against...

That stat means naff all to me. It says, in context, simply that we havent been in a position to need to come back very much.

Which, by the way, is much better than having to try and turn games that have already gone against you.

I know a draw is probably the best scenario. but I could live with United giving the arrogant scousers a good hiding. All I have heard since Tuesday is how they are on course for a 6th European Cup, already booking time off work for the final...(I know).

The regular phrase thrown in my direction on a Friday by one tw@t is 'I would ask who you are playing, but to be honest we aren't interested in the teams below us, just the one's above'

Would love to go in on Monday morning sat in 3rd...

I know a draw is probably the best scenario. but I could live with United giving the arrogant scousers a good hiding. All I have heard since Tuesday is how they are on course for a 6th European Cup, already booking time off work for the final...(I know).

The regular phrase thrown in my direction on a Friday by one tw@t is 'I would ask who you are playing, but to be honest we aren't interested in the teams below us, just the one's above'

Would love to go in on Monday morning sat in 3rd...
A draw would still leave us 4th on GD (unless we smash Bournemouth by 5), but at least we'll be a point off 2nd. And I'm wondering whether finishing 2nd really matters this year. I don't think it will make much difference in the mind of the players, given that the title is already decided and it's not like 2nd is something we haven't done before.

By the way, watching NBCSN this morning Neil Ashton was saying how "Kane will end up at the Bernabeu, but will stay at least one more year at Spurs, so Spurs fans will be happy about that." For a moment I thought he may know something we don't, but then he mentioned Yanited triggering Toby's release clause (which doesn't exist, unless we extend his contract, which we haven't), so I knew he was talking out of his ass.

Back