• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2018/19 Premier League Thread

Is this good? Someone tell me what I want here

Basically, if Man Yoo win, it'll be easier for us to get 3rd (as Chelsea will be further behind us), but also ironically move United in a position to potentially be able to catch us, and thus pipping us for a place in the top 4. I want a United win. It would pretty much mean that if we just get three more points, we'll pretty much have clinched 3rd.

If United win we are third if we get 3rd with three points regardless of other results (well ignoring silly scores). I'd expect United to win their last two, but Chelsea's last game is at Leicester so we might still get fourth if we screw up.

On the other hand, if Chelsea win we might get fourth if we lose both games (Arsenal finish at Burnley).

It's too difficult to decide. Chelsea losing is more fun, though.

Last edited:
Is this good? Someone tell me what I want here
If United win we only need 3 points to come 3rd (on gd)
If Chelsea win united can’t catch us, but we would need 2 wins to guarantee 3rd as they would be level with us on points. We’d still need one win to guarantee CL
The only reason I can think for wanting a Chelsea win is not wanting united to get CL.

If United win we only need 3 points to come 3rd (on gd)
If Chelsea win united can’t catch us, but we would need 2 wins to guarantee 3rd as they would be level with us on points. We’d still need one win to guarantee CL
The only reason I can think for wanting a Chelsea win is not wanting united to get CL.

If you look at 3rd/4th as basically the same (Champions League football), then Chelsea winning puts us further ahead in the Champions League spots (4 points ahead of Arsenal and 6 ahead of Utd). Utd winning means we are only 3 points clear (3 clear of Utd, 4 clear of Arsenal).

Overall, I'd rather we had more margin for error in getting Champions League, 3rd or 4th doesn't matter as long as we get one of them.

And Chelsea equalise as I was typing this...

Back