• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2020/21 Premier League Thread

I do wonder if this weekends results are the tail end of teams struggling post European games and the volume some have had
We have played I think 11 more games than palace this season
Pool had played 9 more than Fulham
Teams start to get leggy quite quickly
Thats the reason we have a big squad. I am baffled why Kane, Son etc all have to come on in the Europa league.

Thats the reason we have a big squad. I am baffled why Kane, Son etc all have to come on in the Europa league.
It is but what works in the favour of those not playing is coaching time on ways to play
Fitness for us isn’t the issue I believe (but it may materialise). I’d argue coaching of systems is the key
For pool... well fitness looks to be the issue

I think that Liverpool's problem is picking up muscle injuries from playing a high intensity game during a congested fixture list.

I think this is a good point. It's no coincidence that they're getting more injuries than anyone else. Klopp's style isn't suited to this number of games in such a short space of time.

I think this is a good point. It's no coincidence that they're getting more injuries than anyone else. Klopp's style isn't suited to this number of games in such a short space of time.

I saw some stats on all teams (apart from Villa) pressing less than in previous seasons but it is still a key part of their game.

I think that Liverpool's problem is picking up muscle injuries from playing a high intensity game during a congested fixture list.

Maybe beginning to wear down his players over the course of playing this way for 2-3 seasons. They've relied on a fairly compact core group in their squad. If even the usually calm, efficient James Milner is breaking down, it can't be easier for others playing at a livelier pace.

Delighted to see them draw Leipzig in CL. Although it's still a way's off, they'll have a very high intensity pair of games to deal with.

Maybe beginning to wear down his players over the course of playing this way for 2-3 seasons. They've relied on a fairly compact core group in their squad. If even the usually calm, efficient James Milner is breaking down, it can't be easier for others playing at a livelier pace.

Delighted to see them draw Leipzig in CL. Although it's still a way's off, they'll have a very high intensity pair of games to deal with.

Can't help think it was the same with us and Poch. It all eventually caught up with our players and when it did the drop off was large (coupled with the psychological blow from the CL final). Klopp has managed it well so far, but it's beginning to get to him.

Can't help think it was the same with us and Poch. It all eventually caught up with our players and when it did the drop off was large (coupled with the psychological blow from the CL final). Klopp has managed it well so far, but it's beginning to get to him.
Is this what happened with Dortmund? He almost got them relegated didn't he?

That's quite a stretch. They finished 13th the season before Klopp took over. Since then, they finished 6th, 5th, 1st, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, and 7th in his last season.
What was their lowest position in his final season? Think they were lower down and then made it back up to 7th?

The key difference being that Liverpool have signed players from a position of strength

The key difference being that Liverpool have signed players from a position of strength
They did/have. The other key difference though is they didn’t have a billion pound stadium to pay for. Poch was amazing and it would have been great to see how it went if we’d stayed at the old Lane and invested in the team instead, however, long term, I think we’ve done the right thing.

They did/have. The other key difference though is they didn’t have a billion pound stadium to pay for. Poch was amazing and it would have been great to see how it went if we’d stayed at the old Lane and invested in the team instead, however, long term, I think we’ve done the right thing.

I think that most managers have a maximum of three or four years being effective in a job. Poch did a great job but I think that he's gone as far as he could with this squad.

Back