• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2021/22 Premier League Thread

We all love to bitch and moan but how many of us know the rules better then he did? Fair play to him, extra points for being a bit of a character whilst doing it, we call out our players for hiding from behind our keyboards and Mike Dean certainly never hid.

There was a time when he was the best ref in the league (which isn't saying much really) and a fairly competent one overall, but he's well past that now.

We all love to bitch and moan but how many of us know the rules better then he did? Fair play to him, extra points for being a bit of a character whilst doing it, we call out our players for hiding from behind our keyboards and Mike Dean certainly never hid.
Agree. I like Dean. Always thought he was one of the better refs in the PL, and as you said, quite a character! Absolutely loved the way he celebrated an advantage he gave that lead to us scoring. Looked like he was celebrating our goal! :D

He cheered for his calls.

I'd have him reffing a game over just about any other refs during his career. I'm good with Martin Atkinson and Andre Marriner. Anthony Taylor is a joke. But just thinking back to the nightmares presented by Mark Clattenburg and Howard Fcukin' Webb, well, Dean was a cut above. I mostly enjoy his work when he's not reffing Spurs.

Back