• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2022/23 Premier League Thread

Our fans say it more than fans of other sides
Not from what I’ve heard from people, or on other fan forums. You’ve really heard non Spurs fans say we’ve looked good this year? I don’t know any Spurs fans or non Spurs fans who have been complimentary - only a few on here who try to put a positive spin on things. All I’ve heard is we are boring to watch, and lucky to win games…..

Last edited:
£65m + £10.5m a year wages for a 30 year old. So £107m with nothing coming back.

Bentancur in comparison £16m + £3.8m a year wages for a 24 year old so £31.2m. With the chance to extend or sell.

He would be an amazing partner for Bentancur though and that's where my mindset is

And that's where we are as a club, eventually to kick on to do something we will have to make the decision on cultivating players to sell and buying ready made to win things

How's that worked for utd for the last 5 years? While city have been buying younger players that can grow with the club or they can sell on (made a profit in the transfer market this summer while buying haaland).

Overspending on players doesn't win you trophies.

How's that worked for utd for the last 5 years? While city have been buying younger players that can grow with the club or they can sell on (made a profit in the transfer market this summer while buying haaland).

Overspending on players doesn't win you trophies.

It hasn't worked for us either and I wasn't directly comparing us to United but you are naive to believe there is not a middle ground

That's also a HUGE reach to talk about city like they are basing any success on breaking even after 10 years spending 2bn

I would argue we haven't crossed the line when at the business end of seasons because we didn't buy a ready made player when needed, under Redknapp and Poch in Jan you could pinpoint that.

He is just one example, and yoy have taken me admiring one oppo player and gone on a tagent.

I'm not advocating overspending but we have had 30 odd years of, in cases cheapening out and it might give us moral rights, but its also pretty baron

Not from what I’ve heard from people, or on other fan forums. You’ve really heard non Spurs fans say we’ve looked good this year? I don’t know any Spurs fans or non Spurs fans who have been complimentary - only a few on here who try to put a positive spin on things. All I’ve heard is we are boring to watch, and lucky to win games…..
I’ve heard fans of most teams I know main like fudge about their teams this year
Only ones who haven’t are arsenal fans and Saudi Sportswashing Machine fans

It hasn't worked for us either and I wasn't directly comparing us to United but you are naive to believe there is not a middle ground

That's also a HUGE reach to talk about city like they are basing any success on breaking even after 10 years spending 2bn

I would argue we haven't crossed the line when at the business end of seasons because we didn't buy a ready made player when needed, under Redknapp and Poch in Jan you could pinpoint that.

He is just one example, and yoy have taken me admiring one oppo player and gone on a tagent.

I'm not advocating overspending but we have had 30 odd years of, in cases cheapening out and it might give us moral rights, but its also pretty baron

I'm just disagreeing with you. The last few years the likes of liverpool, real and city have all focussed on buying younger players. Chelsea and utd overspent on older players as much through panic as anything else. Fergie and wenger both brought in younger players.

I'm just disagreeing with you. The last few years the likes of liverpool, real and city have all focussed on buying younger players. Chelsea and utd overspent on older players as much through panic as anything else. Fergie and wenger both brought in younger players.

Disagreeing with what? That I liked one player and mentioned him? Mate with utter respect sometimes you need to step back and relent from that matter of fact and pulling people up on every post because you are not always right and have taken a simple post and twisted it to something its really not TBH. I like a player and would like to see him at Spurs, I'm not saying we should become PSG, stone me I would have liked to have seen many players over the years in a Spurs shirt.

I never anywhere said we should change our entire policy and buy older players a whole, I've supported Spurs long enough to know we wouldn't. But there is a balance where it would be nice to now and then maybe sign someone proven than not, hardly FFP breaking that

As for you point about Liverpool and City. Not that it matters because I wasn't comparing us to them, you threw them in, you are frankly talking rubbish.

Haaland was ready made, young and they paid his agent nearly as much as the fee to get him and I would hardly call the move for Nunez at 68m cheap despite him being young

Last edited:
Disagreeing with what? That I liked one player and mentioned him? Mate with utter respect sometimes you need to step back and relent from that matter of fact and pulling people up on every post because you are not always right and have taken a simple post and twisted it to something its really not TBH. I like a player and would like to see him at Spurs, I'm not saying we should become PSG, stone me I would have liked to have seen many players over the years in a Spurs shirt.

I never anywhere said we should change our entire policy and buy older players a whole, I've supported Spurs long enough to know we wouldn't. But there is a balance where it would be nice to now and then maybe sign someone proven than not, hardly FFP breaking that

As for you point about Liverpool and City. Not that it matters because I wasn't comparing us to them, you threw them in, you are frankly talking rubbish.

Haaland was ready made, young and they paid his agent nearly as much as the fee to get him and I would hardly call the move for Nunez at 68m cheap despite him being young

I was disagreeing with you that we should have got him "for what utd paid". I had no problem brining in perisic who is older cause he was on a free and affordable.

I was disagreeing with you that we should have got him "for what utd paid". I had no problem brining in perisic who is older cause he was on a free and affordable.

No you took one example and went on very matter of dact tangent like I was suggesting we rip up our policy and become some recklessly financially doped club.

Not everything is meant literal, I will be more careful in future to make that clear

No you took one example and went on very matter of dact tangent like I was suggesting we rip up our policy and become some recklessly financially doped club.

Not everything is meant literal, I will be more careful in future to make that clear

Look it was nothing personal. Was just disagreeing with you. And yes i am wrong sometimes and will change my mind if someone puts a good argument that i hadn't considered.
Search how many times i've posted "fair enough" in the last couple of years.

Look it was nothing personal. Was just disagreeing with you. And yes i am wrong sometimes and will change my mind if someone puts a good argument that i hadn't considered.
Search how many times i've posted "fair enough" in the last couple of years.

It's not that mate its just sometimes I feel you take simple views and over analyse them for the sake of it.

Me saying I would love to have Casemiro in a Spurs shirt was such a throw away comment that I didn't really think it would end up being overly analysed and have his cost, contract and therefore lack of suitability laid at my door TBH.

It's not that mate its just sometimes I feel you take simple views and over analyse them for the sake of it.

Me saying I would love to have Casemiro in a Spurs shirt was such a throw away comment that I didn't really think it would end up being overly analysed and have his cost, contract and therefore lack of suitability laid at my door TBH.

I agree with you he's a good player.

Back