• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2022/23 Premier League Thread

Even more than that, Rashford has influenced play the moment the ball was passed - the defender actively stepped up to play him off, successfully, and can rightly expect the game to halt at that stage.

It’s a mind-numbing, absolute train-wreck of a call.

I’d love to see teams exploit this - leave a man up at all times, dink a ball over the top for a deep runner and away you go.

that’s the key for me, if the defence play an offside trap everyone behind them is interfering

I also think it’s interesting that (from what I’ve seen), all the ex-pros, pundits and commentators are agreed that it shouldn’t have stood. Usually there’s some dissent.

Soo, Havertz just given as offside even though he didn’t touch the ball (the way it should be). Rashford’s decision yesterday looks more controversial by the game as these same situations get flagged up in other matches.

To keep banging on about yesterday, theoretically, a defender could take a free hit on the “offside” attacker if they can make it look like an attempt at the ball, this would then make the attacker active, as the laws are written, and therefore offside, making that not a foul.

To keep banging on about yesterday, theoretically, a defender could take a free hit on the “offside” attacker if they can make it look like an attempt at the ball, this would then make the attacker active, as the laws are written, and therefore offside, making that not a foul.

And by fouling him it proves intent by the attacker to interfere 'if I didn't think he was interfering I wouldn't have clattered him guv'.

True, but wouldn’t they still be risking a yellow or red of it was a bad one?

Commenting team talking about trippier free kicks, scored one for us at Wembley, was that our last goal directly from a free kick?

Commenting team talking about trippier free kicks, scored one for us at Wembley, was that our last goal directly from a free kick?

I suggested this on another thread. I actually think it was. I am not sure I have seen us score direct from a free-kick at the new stadium, could be wrong though

Back