• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2022/23 Premier League Thread

Watching the Saudi Sportswashing Machine v West Ham game yesterday I thought it was evident that Saudi Sportswashing Machine’s centre backs give them a real platform to play from. They don’t have to hide Schar and Botman away in a three, yet both still look really solid. I thought Gordon also showed that he’ll be an upgrade on ASM for Saudi Sportswashing Machine, he appears to have intelligent movement, good touch and and really good vision.

For West Ham, their Moroccan centre back, Aguerd looked superb. Both Botman and Aguerd show that it is possible to get in very good centre backs suited to the PL if you have a decent scouting and recruitment set up.

I disagree here. I think he could easily become the best attacker in Europe.
Maybe, but in todays game you can't be only an attacker. You need to defend as well, and his stats from previous years showed him having virtually zero defensive contribution. Maybe that league allowed him to, but he won't survive in the PL if he continues down that path. He's got skills, but he'll need more than that. Let's see. I'm not convinced, and it's no doubt they vastly overpaid for him.

Watching the Saudi Sportswashing Machine v West Ham game yesterday I thought it was evident that Saudi Sportswashing Machine’s centre backs give them a real platform to play from. They don’t have to hide Schar and Botman away in a three, yet both still look really solid. I thought Gordon also showed that he’ll be an upgrade on ASM for Saudi Sportswashing Machine, he appears to have intelligent movement, good touch and and really good vision.

For West Ham, their Moroccan centre back, Aguerd looked superb. Both Botman and Aguerd show that it is possible to get in very good centre backs suited to the PL if you have a decent scouting and recruitment set up.
Augerd was class in France
He really stood out
Haven’t seen him here because of his injuries
He has a really calm way of playing
Gordon will be interesting. He has some ability but it’s potential and nothing else imo

A back four can just as easily hide deficiencies at CB, all depends on what goes on around and in front of the centre backs. When we drop back into a 5-4-1 think you can argue that we try to hide some of those deficiencies, but not to a greater extent than a team dropping back into a 4-5-1 imo. Our usual not quite dropping back into a 5-4-1 style, is actually rather demanding, particularly for the wide centre backs.

Agree that Schar and Botman are very good players. Haven't seen Aguerd before, but also looked really good yesterday. I think we want to bring in a centre back at an even higher level than "very good and suited to the PL" to look to really push on another level. At least that's what the links to Bastoni and Gvardiol seems to me.

Leeds next two games are both against United before they visit Everton. If they are not in a relegation battle already, they certainly will be soon

Back