• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2022/23 Premier League Thread

I love how Pep is made out to be some absolute idiotic fudge up on here as if he's an absolute macaron whilst Poch is heralded despite winning with us nothing in addition to the Son at LB experiment in a crucial game.

Pep has undeniably only done it with massive teams, or at least massively funded teams in the case of City but that doesn't make him a total macaron, he has maximized his career*

*I would love to see him somewhere like Plymouth Argyle but it just wouldn't make sense financially and in terms of his potential impact on the game, if people can't appreciate that it's on the individual posters, not Pep. Whoever wins the title they'll no doubt both be macarons, it's so typical and far from the truth.

Thats just football territoriality though.

I can appreciate what Peps done but not going to go out my way to praise him regardless of how factually correct the praise lauded on him is. Poch gets heralded here because he was Spurs and in context of where the club was done a great job for us and is and always was an all round good guy.

I love how Pep is made out to be some absolute idiotic fudge up on here as if he's an absolute macaron whilst Poch is heralded despite winning with us nothing in addition to the Son at LB experiment in a crucial game.

Pep has undeniably only done it with massive teams, or at least massively funded teams in the case of City but that doesn't make him a total macaron, he has maximized his career*

*I would love to see him somewhere like Plymouth Argyle but it just wouldn't make sense financially and in terms of his potential impact on the game, if people can't appreciate that it's on the individual posters, not Pep. Whoever wins the title they'll no doubt both be macarons, it's so typical and far from the truth.
Pep is an absolute football genius, who makes gold out of rock. I've always been of that opinion :rolleyes:

All I'm seeing is well nobody expected us to be challenging this season, blah blah
8 points clear and 10 points dropped in the last 6 games
Total and utter bottling

Poor old media they are on horns of a dilemma, do they keep polishing up Pep and their dodgy dealings or do they have to find their old turn of the century Woolwich shirts.

Have never been worried. They remain an average team with an imbecile in charge.

As I’ve said before, they’ll finish 3rd.

Would you have been as confident if they'd won yesterday?

Not quite there yet, but getting to the point where the sample size is small enough that anything can happen. Any team can go on an extended strong run, definitely including this Arsenal team.

Really happy they lost. Would be good to get a couple more dropped points and soon.

Calm down. We are only talking about this season where City are not as consistent by their high standards. And it's not all over yet which is the point I am making.. I think Pep is a great manager. Never done him down any where. But he definitely tinkers and over complicates at times and he doesn't always win when he should. Don't get the Poch comparison at all. Wonder if Pep would win anything at Spurs. Conte so far and Mourinho haven't.

Would you have been as confident if they'd won yesterday?

Yes!

Have posted on here a few times over the past few weeks that they hadn’t a chance. They have benefited from other teams stuttering, and from having a relatively benign first half of the season when it came to the fixture list. They (like us, unfortunately) haven’t got the players with the right mentality to get them across the line in a title race. And their manager is already a bag of nerves; imagine what he’d have been like if they had still been in the race come late April/early May.

Yes!

Have posted on here a few times over the past few weeks that they hadn’t a chance. They have benefited from other teams stuttering, and from having a relatively benign first half of the season when it came to the fixture list. They (like us, unfortunately) haven’t got the players with the right mentality to get them across the line in a title race. And their manager is already a bag of nerves; imagine what he’d have been like if they had still been in the race come late April/early May.

He's coming across a bit desperate at the moment. Last night he said he believes in his team's chances to win the league more after last night's game.

That to me sounds like a man trying to convince himself and over compensating to try and get his players to believe.

I can't see them doing it.

Thats just football territoriality though.

I can appreciate what Peps done but not going to go out my way to praise him regardless of how factually correct the praise lauded on him is. Poch gets heralded here because he was Spurs and in context of where the club was done a great job for us and is and always was an all round good guy.

Appreciate this explanation, I do agree on the Poch points and am not intending to belittle his time at the club with unfair comparisons.

Last edited:
Calm down. We are only talking about this season where City are not as consistent by their high standards. And it's not all over yet which is the point I am making.. I think Pep is a great manager. Never done him down any where. But he definitely tinkers and over complicates at times and he doesn't always win when he should. Don't get the Poch comparison at all. Wonder if Pep would win anything at Spurs. Conte so far and Mourinho haven't.

By my recent standards on here I was actually surprisingly calm ;)

And it's a very interesting question in regards to Pep, I do believe he would have won something with Poch's team but obviously it's just a hypothetical

By my recent standards on here I was actually surprisingly calm ;)

And it's a very interesting question in regards to Pep, I do believe he would have won something with Poch's team but obviously it's just a hypothetical
He might have, but as you say impossible to know, for a start I don't think he would work with the constraints there are at Spurs. But you must remember that's Pochs team was as good as it was because Poch made it so. Otherwise it was mostly a bunch of unfancied, under performing players.

He might have, but as you say impossible to know, for a start I don't think he would work with the constraints there are at Spurs. But you must remember that's Pochs team was as good as it was because Poch made it so. Otherwise it was mostly a bunch of unfancied, under performing players.

Yeah all you can do is judge Poch on what he did. He took over a club in a bit of disarray. It's all very well saying, "well he had Kane and Dembele and Eriksen and Toby and Jan".

Yeah he did. But when he took over, there was a massive amount of apathy amongst the fanbase. The latter end of AVB and Tactics Tim weren't enjoyable. Kane was a kid with no track record, Dembele had flattered to deceive for a couple of years, Eriksen was inconsistent and AVB had dropped him a few times, Jan was accused by many of not caring while Tactics Tim had a pop at him too and Toby was playing for Southampton.

Poch moulded that group into the best Spurs team in my lifetime. When you consider the constraints he was working under, you can only admire his work even more.

Say what you like about the lack of trophies, I don't agree with that argument but understand it, but you cannot make an argument that Poch didn't make that team what it was.

Yes!

I’m also very happy they lost. Still think it’s premature to say the least to write them off. They still go top again even if they draw their game in hand. We will see how they react after this defeat. Could finish them or it could galvanise them. Not out of the question they finish 3rd but I’m not writing them off winning the league either. They looked unstoppable a few weeks ago so it’s great that Emirates Marketing Project have finally found some form. Simon Jordan said today that he’s convinced they will win the league in the next couple of years. I hope he’s wrong.

I’m also very happy they lost. Still think it’s premature to say the least to write them off. They still go top again even if they draw their game in hand. We will see how they react after this defeat. Could finish them or it could galvanise them. Not out of the question they finish 3rd but I’m not writing them off winning the league either. They looked unstoppable a few weeks ago so it’s great that Emirates Marketing Project have finally found some form. Simon Jordan said today that he’s convinced they will win the league in the next couple of years. I hope he’s wrong.
Not sure, Liverpool and Chelsea won’t be this bad again for a few years. Utd are clearly on the up, City are city and the Geordies are in the mix going forward as well. Can’t imagine the Goons will get a better chance to win the league than an 8 point head start with a game in hand going in to Jan (ever?) again.

And that’s ignoring us.

Would not be at all surprised if either us or arsenal win the league in the next five years.
City, utd, Chelsea and Liverpool are always going to be trying to stay ahead of each other. That means constant refreshing and churn of squad and managers.
Us and arsenal can't afford to do that as much and as we both ddeepen our squads the consistency of approach may give us an opportunity to capitalise.

Would not be at all surprised if either us or arsenal win the league in the next five years.
City, utd, Chelsea and Liverpool are always going to be trying to stay ahead of each other. That means constant refreshing and churn of squad and managers.
Us and arsenal can't afford to do that as much and as we both ddeepen our squads the consistency of approach may give us an opportunity to capitalise.

I admire your optimism.

Back