• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2022/23 Premier League Thread

You are so in denial it’s frightening.
I’m not in denial
I’m stating facts
If you think 84 points will win the league fella… then we have a great chance of winning it

Arsenal played well today, but Brentford were awful. Some that was because of arsenal and some was because they were really lazy.

They've signed lots of players in the last couple years (Lanzini, Benhrama, Paqueta, Fornals, Bowen) who are probably about as good, if not better, than could reasonably be expected to accepting joining them, but they're better than a bottom 3 squad

They've done well beating all the teams they're expected to beat. Not all top four contenders will do that, especially for the full season. And Arse are definitely a top four contender.

Their opening fixtures have been very favourable, though. October will be the first real test for Arse, with tricky fixtures against us and Liverpool, as well as EL matches in between. If they come out of the other end of October with the same monentum, I'd start to worry.

Arsenal are not going to win the league and neither are we so I won't go down that route but what they are doing is beating who they should like you say and doing it handsomely, something they have not always done and as you say something not all top 4 contenders will do, or have already.

They key for me has always been how you beat those you should because those are the easier points to haul and then it takes heat of when you play your rivals, the years under Poch at our peak thats what we did really well, 2/3 nils up at half time against teams we should beat, but we beat them well.

Arsenal are a much better side than last year, I can put rivalry aside to admit that, Jesus looks a player for them and I was wrong in my early assessment of him, they also look very good in other areas, that Viera looks handy as does Saliba.

Top 4 looks a real possibility for them

They've signed lots of players in the last couple years (Lanzini, Benhrama, Paqueta, Fornals, Bowen) who are probably about as good, if not better, than could reasonably be expected to accepting joining them, but they're better than a bottom 3 squad

They have a very talented bunch, from what I have been told the double sessions and same old tactics are now starting to fall on deaf ears, Moyes voice of which they listened too when in that siege mentality mode is not making any noise anymore.

Arsenal are not going to win the league and neither are we so I won't go down that route but what they are doing is beating who they should like you say and doing it handsomely, something they have not always done and as you say something not all top 4 contenders will do, or have already.

They key for me has always been how you beat those you should because those are the easier points to haul and then it takes heat of when you play your rivals, the years under Poch at our peak thats what we did really well, 2/3 nils up at half time against teams we should beat, but we beat them well.

Arsenal are a much better side than last year, I can put rivalry aside to admit that, Jesus looks a player for them and I was wrong in my early assessment of him, they also look very good in other areas, that Viera looks handy as does Saliba.

Top 4 looks a real possibility for them
It’s exactly what we did well under Poch
We beat the teams we should
The reason we didn’t win anything was we couldn’t get over the line vs the better teams when it mattered but the progress was there
Arsenal are going that
But their squad is not being tested at the moment and their bench today was really weak. That’s when you see the real team, when it gets tough

But their squad is not being tested at the moment and their bench today was really weak. That’s when you see the real team, when it gets tough

The issue there though is they are already starting to do damage without being tested either, 18 points after 7 is a decent return, even if they did stutter against their rivals I woul back them currently to muller those they need to. Shame really

The issue there though is they are already starting to do damage without being tested either, 18 points after 7 is a decent return, even if they did stutter against their rivals I woul back them currently to muller those they need to. Shame really
Dunno
How many points up are they like for like
That’s a measure of improvement
I think… it’s 6 (palace and Brentford)

we’re up about 8 or 9 from memory and we have had much harder games

but… you can only beat who is in front of you and they have done that

but also we would actually be top if we had a barely competent ref vs West Ham to spot their foul throw (yes I’m being tenuous)

Dunno
How many points up are they like for like
That’s a measure of improvement
I think… it’s 6 (palace and Brentford)

we’re up about 8 or 9 from memory and we have had much harder games

but… you can only beat who is in front of you and they have done that

but also we would actually be top if we had a barely competent ref vs West Ham to spot their foul throw (yes I’m being tenuous)

Of course, TBF I am comparing Arsenal to Arsenal and not us and I think they have done well this summer (as I puke)

Of course, TBF I am comparing Arsenal to Arsenal and not us and I think they have done well this summer (as I puke)

if you comparing them to them then you need to see how they react after a few injuries. That will be the test.

And they have done well, so far against inferior sides to them

I wonder which of their players will throw a strop and have to be kicked out mid season this year, that’ll hurt them too.

You beat the teams you should be, you don’t need to win against the big boys.

14 wins twice is 28 wins thats 84 points that won the league on occasion.

Name one team, in the history of top flight English football, who has beaten all the teams from 7th down home and away.

Back