• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tom Carroll

Absolutely furious at this.
Carroll will be sitting on the bench in the Championship.
Redknapp's job there is to get promoted. He'll have no interest in fielding Carroll ahead of the hackers he currently has in midfield (barton and henry) who are better suited to the division.

Surely it is better to see what happens and the details of the loan before we jump to conclusions

Bet he wont start more than 2 Championship matches before he is recalled in January. I mean neither Jenas nor Faurlin can get a start there in his position.

Arry talking about Carroll now and it sounds very positive. He's apparently going to be an integral part of the team and "they're going to play through Tom".

A positive from this could be that if QPR get promoted, Redknapp might then take Carroll on loan again for a season long Prem loan.

if he isn't part of the plans by next season then we should sell him. Cant loan a player out for years, we have to either play him eventually or sell him.

He needed prem experience, with all respect to Arry. Bad move IMO, hope he thrives though ! Good luck Tom

I am disappointed by this also but realistically his chances are going to be limited at Spurs to say the least.

We know he's technically very gifted but lacks strength and speed of thought both of which should be improved by Championship football. Hope he does well and Harry isn't bluffing about his importance.

If he is given the central role for them, I'm all for it. He would be at the periphery at Ajax, and as brilliant as their coaching is, I'd rather see Carroll get some real competitive experience under his belt.

If he is given the central role for them, I'm all for it. He would be at the periphery at Ajax, and as brilliant as their coaching is, I'd rather see Carroll get some real competitive experience under his belt.

Exactly, Carroll is a player in the style of Modric, and Harry certainly knew how to play Modric.

If Harry plans to build the team play around Caroll, that's exactly what he needs, along with pitch time, highly unlikely he would get both elsewhere.

Like many here I'm quite positive about this.

The important thing for Carroll is the playing style of the team he's at, not the style of the league he's in.

Carroll's strengths are on the ball, in possession. Playing for a team fighting relegation in the PL might not have allowed him the chance to play to his strength. As a result he could very easily have been replaced by some more experienced "clogger" as that can be more useful in that situation.

There aren't a lot of PL sides that play a style that suits Carroll, most of the ones that do have some very good passers in midfield already. Overtaking them might prove very tough. Redknapp apparently wants to give Carroll plenty of game time.

Redknapp knows all about Carroll, like he did about Townsend. He knows what he's getting and he will know how to fit him into his side. Another manager might not have.

Well good luck to him, hopefully he can play a key role in a league winning tilt, otherwise wtf.

Hope everything goes through Carroll at QPR.

Harry Redknapp will no doubt want him to succeed or he wouldnt have took him on loan and given him the #10 shirt.

Hope everything goes through Carroll at QPR.

Harry Redknapp will no doubt want him to succeed or he wouldnt have took him on loan and given him the #10 shirt.

According to a QPR supporting mate of mine, Redknapp has been talking him up and saying that they will play everything through him.

It will be interesting to see how they line up. I could see them moving to playing one up front and a five man midfield to accommodate him.

According to a QPR supporting mate of mine, Redknapp has been talking him up and saying that they will play everything through him.

It will be interesting to see how they line up. I could see them moving to playing one up front and a five man midfield to accommodate him.

Yeah, they'll have to:

........................Austin......................
Kranjcar...................................SWP
....................Carroll..........................
............Barton........Henry..................
Ekotto......Onuoha......Dunne......Simpson
....................Green.............................

Last edited:

He said exactly that on SSN.

I thought Carroll was excellent tonight for the U21s, popping the ball about, slide rule passes, that little chip at the end for Kane through on goal, beautiful stuff

But oh my GHod how good is Wilfried Zaha? Makes Redmond and all the other guys look like amateurs. He played Ronaldo on acid tonight. In a good way.

Hill over Benny? LOL

Surely Niko will play as well.

you know what, i forgot they signed both :lol:

I was just going back on the team that beat Leeds.

in that case, replace Hoillett with Niko and replace Hill with Benny

Back