• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tom Carroll

Carroll isn't ready for us yet, doubt he will be ready next season either.

Yes, when we had Modric, VDV we got to that point of playing triangles very well, however our midfield did have bad days then as well.

I'm thinking differently these days..

Bentaleb coming on has proved you don't have to have loads of experience and be some beast of a man to add something to our squad. He's done phenominal for a teenager making his debut for our squad. Carroll (who has more quality than Bentaleb) would undoubtedly come in and instantly be one of the top 3 passers in the team. He would also constantly provide options for our defenders looking to play it out of defense (which has been a problem recently in our new 4-4-2 as other posters have noted).

Honestly with a midfield of Eriksen, Carroll, and one of our 15 midfield destroyers, we would crush teams.

Eriksen has proved if you get the ball to him in the attacking 3rd he'll create chances. Carroll has the pass and move ability we're missing right now and has proved (albeit in the Championship) if he's playing beside a more defensive player (for him Barton this season who is half the player of Sandro/Capoue) he is more than capable of doing the job. We have the quality around him, alls left to do is recall him from his loan.

Bring him back and give him the chance Timmy!! He is more than ready!

Carroll isn't proven at all so he needs to show his mettle wherever he's at, and then prove that he's better than Holtby.

Also we need to consider the other scenarios may include the possibility that for whatever reason, we lose our established and best midfield players. Would hate to see Capoue go and then we get raided and then have to resort to panic buys.

That's where Sherwood's knowledge of our young players comes in (eg. Bentaleb). He will know if he's ready to do a job for us or not.

Carroll isn't proven at all so he needs to show his mettle wherever he's at, and then prove that he's better than Holtby.

Also we need to consider the other scenarios may include the possibility that for whatever reason, we lose our established and best midfield players. Would hate to see Capoue go and then we get raided and then have to resort to panic buys.

Holtby's recent game against West Brom pretty much showed he's not a central midfielder.

Holtby's recent game against West Brom pretty much showed he's not a central midfielder.

Just one game? In an unsettled team?

He might still be acclimatising, he needs more games, just as Carroll would, for us to be really sure.

Sent from my SM-P605 using Fapatalk 4

Just one game? In an unsettled team?

He might still be acclimatising, he needs more games, just as Carroll would, for us to be really sure.

Sent from my SM-P605 using Fapatalk 4

It's every game he's played so far, he just runs around like a headless chicken chasing the ball and as a result is far less involved than he should be.

That's where Sherwood's knowledge of our young players comes in (eg. Bentaleb). He will know if he's ready to do a job for us or not.

While that is true, unlike the u21's he's going to make some complex tradeoffs against the first eleven where player needs are more complicated. It's not going to be easy for him, especially when the senior players may see things differently.

It's every game he's played so far, he just runs around like a headless chicken chasing the ball and as a result is far less involved than he should be.

I saw that too but was under the impression that AVB wanted him to take the pressing role... I've seen some of his football in/for Germany, he actually has a very good first touch and is well suited to a quick passing game.

I saw that too but was under the impression that AVB wanted him to take the pressing role... I've seen some of his football in/for Germany, he actually has a very good first touch and is well suited to a quick passing game.

The one game he started as a CM under Sherwood he was all over the pitch and barely played any passes. Bentaleb managed more touches as a sub.

The one game he started as a CM under Sherwood he was all over the pitch and barely played any passes. Bentaleb managed more touches as a sub.

I remember seeing Holtbys heatmap, it was mostly outwide and he was supposed to be playing central midfield!

People have been going on about how we need a Modric 'keep the ball moving/things ticking over' midfielder for months, but when we suggest bringing the closest thing we have to that back from loan people don't think he's ready.

I'm not saying he is anywhere near in the same league as modric in terms of quality, but the way he fits into a system and the job he does has similarities. So I say why not being him back and give him a chance.

People have been going on about how we need a Modric 'keep the ball moving/things ticking over' midfielder for months, but when we suggest bringing the closest thing we have to that back from loan people don't think he's ready.

I'm not saying he is anywhere near in the same league as modric in terms of quality, but the way he fits into a system and the job he does has similarities. So I say why not being him back and give him a chance.

He's a Modric-lite isn't he.

Also agree with VolSpur's point about collecting from the back four and redistributing.

I'd love to see him given a chance in a 3 or a wonky.

I think he'll be class soon enough.

Re my earlier post, I think he's technically close to ready, don't think he is good enough at not being bullied off the ball yet (hasn't learned to deal with physical side of PL yet).

The big issue for Spurs is when the target was qualify for Europe (BMJ), we could allow a couple of players to find their feet, now, we can't carry a midfielder for 2-3 months until he learns his trade, they have to do that on loan.

Re my earlier post, I think he's technically close to ready, don't think he is good enough at not being bullied off the ball yet (hasn't learned to deal with physical side of PL yet).

The big issue for Spurs is when the target was qualify for Europe (BMJ), we could allow a couple of players to find their feet, now, we can't carry a midfielder for 2-3 months until he learns his trade, they have to do that on loan.

Just a thought, but wouldn't you say the Championship is on the same physical/tough level as the prem? Midfield in the Championship for me can oftentimes be a question of who's willing to kick the other team more. It just can't happen in the prem because the ref will blow it up before its even started.

Surely Carroll is proving that side of his game in the Championship no? If anything I think he might add more to a prem team than a Championship one because when he's recalled he will actually have players around him capable of making good runs. Maybe I'm crazy i donno...

Seems to me like

He's a Modric-lite isn't he.

Also agree with VolSpur's point about collecting from the back four and redistributing.

I'd love to see him given a chance in a 3 or a wonky.

I think he'll be class soon enough.

There is a resemblance to Modric in that they are both small and skinny.

I would love Carroll to be more similar to Modric but I don't think he ever will. But I was wrong about Rose and super wrong about Townsend so let's hope..

There is a resemblance to Modric in that they are both small and skinny.

I would love Carroll to be more similar to Modric but I don't think he ever will. But I was wrong about Rose and super wrong about Townsend so let's hope..

Modric was never skinny. He was tough, but short.

We should probably go for keeping either Carroll or Bentaleb at the club for the second half of the season.

I do like giving young players a chance, but it has to be a chance, not relying on them too heavily. I'm not sure if we'll be able to give both of them enough playing time, would rather see one of them out on loan.

Right now I would lean towards keeping Bentaleb around, he's already shown himself capable of stepping up and Sherwood trusts him. He seems a bit stronger and that will help him out I think.

Calfs of a machine

Luka+Modric+Tottenham+Hotspur+v+SV+Werder+GEnsArziOeKl.jpg

He was tough, due to those early loans in Bosnia, but he was still lightweight and it took him about a year to learn how to use hid physicalities in the Prem.
Similar to Lamela.

Carroll needs to beef up, for sure, but I actually think he is already pretty good on that front.

I think he can be a future 1st choice CM, but at present we have too many CMs to add another to the squad. We need to establish positions for some players (ie Holtby, Lamela) first and get the squad settled.

Google says Modric is 65kg and 174cm whereas Tom is 71kg and 177cm but don't let that worry you

Back