• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tom Carroll

This perception of Tom Carroll issue isn't even about his height/weight.
He's bigger than Wheelchair or Grealish who never get the 'lightweight' thing thrown at them.
Football is littered with nasty little players who people didnt go near.

When some people see Carroll all they see is an upper middle class guy with a public school haircut.
If Carroll had a shaved head, some brick tattoos and was pictured doing coke in a tabloid, no one would have an issue with his size.

We've always had an issue with appreciating ball playing midfielders at Tottenham since the 90s. The 3 fan favourites has been Freund, Sandro and now Dier.
I mean no spurs midfielder who can away with kicking an opponent had a "What does he do?" thread.
It so easier for people watching to respond positively to a challenge than the 5th first time pass in last 2 minutes.
Fans favourite Last season - Bentaleb, prior to that Erikson.
Recent favs since the 90's being Modric, Carrick & VDV

I don't think there is a lack of appreciation of ball playing mid fielders from the fan base in general, maybe a minority but you also get a minority saying Dier does not do enough.

Freund seems to be remembered more fondly in retrospect, I remember a lot of Spurs fans at the time couldn't stand him because he was quite an average footballer (but a high level wind-up merchant).

Generally speaking, our fan favourites can all play a bit.

Freund seems to be remembered more fondly in retrospect, I remember a lot of Spurs fans at the time couldn't stand him because he was quite an average footballer (but a high level wind-up merchant).

Generally speaking, our fan favourites can all play a bit.

I always thought he was fudging awful. A legend mind, but fudging awful at football.

Freund was a terrible footballer who gave absolutely everything, that's why he was loved. You couldn't help but like the guy no matter how brick he was.

This perception of Tom Carroll issue isn't even about his height/weight.
He's bigger than Wheelchair or Grealish who never get the 'lightweight' thing thrown at them.
Football is littered with nasty little players who people didnt go near.

When some people see Carroll all they see is an upper middle class guy with a public school haircut.
If Carroll had a shaved head, some brick tattoos and was pictured doing coke in a tabloid, no one would have an issue with his size.

We've always had an issue with appreciating ball playing midfielders at Tottenham since the 90s. The 3 fan favourites has been Freund, Sandro and now Dier.
I mean no spurs midfielder who can away with kicking an opponent had a "What does he do?" thread.
It so easier for people watching to respond positively to a challenge than the 5th first time pass in last 2 minutes.

Wilshieet looks much more muscular than TC these days, but either way, it's not just about pure size, it's about strength and balance etc.
TC is getting muscled out a lot.
Modric wasn't big either, but he was hard to shrug off the ball, had a low centre of gravity etc.
That said, TC plays some great balls, has good vision etc and the eye for a quick pass.
Hopefully they can develop his physical attributes etc, because there's a good player in there imo.

As I said, he has misplaced passes. Perhaps Colchester isnt as interesting. I know he did good vs Leicester.
I don't think Carroll is in a position where he can afford to turn in sloppy performances against the likes of Colchester. He needs to be at it every time he plays if he is intending to stake a genuine claim for a regualr midfield birth. He's not done himself many favours in that half imo.

As I said, he has misplaced passes. Perhaps Colchester isnt as interesting. I know he did good vs Leicester.

There was nothing wrong with his passing in the first half. No need to come over all Louis Van Gaal.

Bs14tbG.png

Good game from him today. I liked some of those little flick-ons he played for Kane and Chadli during the period of the game where he found himself close up the field to those two. We looked more threatening at that time with the ball moving forward quicker.

I thought he was poor again today.. Why does he insist on taking the ball off other prem players toes? Comes across big time and he then plays a pass that anyone could do.. Hit a couple of long decent pass but only when not under any pressure. I want to see him do something different that other players cant or under pressure.

Back