• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

World Cup 2018 Group G (Belgium, Panama, Tunisia, England)

Status
Not open for further replies.
5. The ranking of each team in each group shall be determined as follows:

a) greatest number of points obtained in all group matches;
b) goal difference in all group matches;
c) greatest number of goals scored in all group matches. If two or more teams are equal on the basis of the above three criteria, their rankings shall be determined as follows:
d) greatest number of points obtained in the group matches between the teams concerned;
e) goal difference resulting from the group matches between the teams concerned;
f) greater number of goals scored in all group matches between the teams concerned;
g) greater number of points obtained in the fair play conduct of the teams based on yellow and red cards received in all group matches as follows:
– yellow card: minus 1 point
– indirect red card: minus 3 points (as a result of a second yellow card)
– direct red card: minus 4 points
– yellow card and direct red card: minus 5 points
Only one of the above deductions shall be applied to a player in a single match;

h) drawing of lots by the FIFA Organising Committee.

England: 2 yellows
Belgium: 3 yellows

If it ends up with Brazil/Germany waiting in the quarters for the group winner, we could see an interesting final group match.

From the games so far, Mexico have more for us to worry about than Germany or Brazil. Our defence is susceptible to pace.

Surely Spurs must be the club whose players have supplied both the most goals and assists at the wc so far?

Odd game to judge, Panama were really poor.

Hendersen and the back 5 looked much better, but they were tested far less, so who can really say how good they were?

With that in mind though, Young was even worse IMO. Free from having to defend he still did fudge all going forward.

Linguard continues to confuse. In essence I think he is basically rubbish, and yet he still manages to contribute to results.

We clearly are yet to be tested defensively, something Belgium should clear up.

Otherwise, Im still really positive about what Southgate is doing.

And Loftus-Cheek continues to impress.

What is the point of Ashley Young? I cannot see what he brings to the side.

Appears like he's trying to look like a sophisticated footballer ...just standing there and passing back.

I have no idea why England played how they did second half. Worst ever half by any team in the History of football going forward..lol

Well they didn't did they! Cept when Harry did his wonder back heel flick into the goal..

Hendersen and the back 5 looked much better, but they were tested far less, so who can really say how good they were?

With that in mind though, Young was even worse IMO. Free from having to defend he still did fudge all going forward.

Linguard continues to confuse. In essence I think he is basically rubbish, and yet he still manages to contribute to results.

Forget about all of that, haven't you read the hoardes on Twitter today?! IT'S COMING HOME! :p Two wins against Tunisia and Panama, and Twitter goes into meltdown. Some claiming Kane is a clam for not letting Stones take the second pen to score a hat trick as well though. If you ever feel a little bit too hopeful about mankind, take a look on Twitter, it'll bring you right back down! Haha.

Forget about all of that, haven't you read the hoardes on Twitter today?! IT'S COMING HOME! :p Two wins against Tunisia and Panama, and Twitter goes into meltdown. Some claiming Kane is a clam for not letting Stones take the second pen to score a hat trick as well though. If you ever feel a little bit too hopeful about mankind, take a look on Twitter, it'll bring you right back down! Haha.

I enjoyed the hot take on England being better as soon as Henderson took the armband.

Dippers gonna dip.

Agree.
Like Loftus-Cheek but he always moves play inside. But he’s ok, think Dele is quicker and more varied in his play. Trippier has been excellent for me. I’m not wearing Spurs goggles, they are in for repair.
Still think the team has done well and we should all be behind them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back