• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

World Cup Group C: Colombia, Greece, Ivory Coast, Japan

Which two teams will progress to the next round?

• Colombia and Greece

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Colombia and Ivory Coast

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Colombia and Japan

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Greece and Ivory Coast

• Greece and Japan

• Ivory Coast and Japan

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm very disappointed too. Changed the prediction in two leagues from 0:0 to 1:0 and betted a bit less than £10 on Japan win with total less 2.5 for 4.25.
Japan deserved the win, but Greek bus sh*t again nullified opponent's desire. Even playing with 10 men for two thirds of the game which is respectable and softening though.

Gutted.

ps: 26 completed passes stat during first 17 minutes from Greek players was hilarious.

**** Japan, ****ing ****s. They can stick to harakiri and selling used panties. Lost me a good chunk of money those bastards.

You've clearly never seen Japan play before then. Some of the most technically talented players going around.

Very disappointing again today.

Your clearly assuming. I've seen them play a fair bit. Don't assume it makes you look silly.

Your clearly assuming. I've seen them play a fair bit. Don't assume it makes you look silly.

So how can you say they're not a footballing nation? Regularly producing players for top European clubs isn't enough? Kagawa, Honda, Kyotake, Nagatomo etc with the next batch ready to move on from the J-League (Kakitani, Hotaru).

So how can you say they're not a footballing nation? Regularly producing players for top European clubs isn't enough? Kagawa, Honda, Kyotake, Nagatomo etc with the next batch ready to move on from the J-League (Kakitani, Hotaru).

I wouldn't say regularly and apart from half a dozen or so haven't produced any real quality.

A statement from the Ivory Coast football federation:

“Kolo and Yaya Toure just heard about the death of their young brother, Toure Oyala Ibrahim. The entire Ivorian delegation want to show their support to the players.

“The football Ivory Coast federation president (FIF) and the Executive Committee announced to the entire family of Ivorian football the death of Toure Oyala Ibrahim, the younger brother of Toure Kolo Abib and Toure Yaya Gnegneri, which happened on the 19th of June in Manchester (England).

“In such a sad situation, the players from the Ivory Coast national team, and the entire delegation here in Brazil, show their support to the Toure brothers and their whole family. The president of Football Ivory Coast Federation and the Executive Comitee ask Ivorians for their prayers.”

I wouldn't say regularly and apart from half a dozen or so haven't produced any real quality.

I think both of you guys have a fair point tbh. sometimes i think because we are in england, we take for granted the extent to which the game is followed here. the love for football in a country like england is very rare. the japanese do love their football, but not as much as the english. they still get over 15k average attendance in their top league however. and when you compare that figure with other countries, it is still impressive.

in addition, the existence of professional football in japan is relatively new. so its understandable that they are only now starting to produce the calibre of player who can play in europe.

japan is a country that loves their football overall, and a country where the whole nation will get behind the national team during worldcups. and so to call them a non-footballing nation is a bit harsh imo. having said that, i think most japanese would say that baseball is japan's main sport, so from that regard, perhaps Roy is right.

Last edited:
There are some weird scenarios coming up in Second Round, all involving South American teams. There is every chance of Second Round having ties like these : Brazil V Chile / Colombia V Uruguay(if they beat Italy) and Argentina V Ecuador(if they finish second in Group E). And the winner of Brazil-Chile tie will meet the winner of Colombia-Uruguay match. I am sure it will be some record if all the South American teams progress and meet each other in the next round.

Colombia have been playing well without being outstanding so far. This has enable them to avoid the media attention so far. Just can't see Japan troubling them. Can see Ivory Coast beating Greece easily as well.

Would be just like Greece to scrape a 1-0 against Ivory Coast today, but I really hope they don't. At least with this Ivory Coast team there's a chance of them clicking into place and putting on some good displays in the later rounds, with Greece we all know what's coming.

Colombia are guaranteed a place in the last 16. They just need to draw against Japan to secure top spot.

A win for the Ivory Coast will book them a place in the knockouts. A draw against Greece could allow Japan to pip them for second spot on goal difference, if Alberto Zaccheroni's team beat Colombia. Ivory Coast could win the group if they beat Greece and Colombia lose to Japan, but the South Americans' goal difference is currently four better.

Japan's best hope is to beat Colombia and keep their fingers crossed for Greece to beat the Ivory Coast but not overhaul Japan's goal difference.

Greece can still qualify but would have to beat the Ivory Coast. They would also have to hope that Japan failed to beat Colombia, or that if they did manage to beat them that they finished with an inferior goal difference, as the sides would be level on four points.

If Colombia lost by two goals to Japan and Ivory Coast win by a goal then Colombia will avoid Uruguay (who beat them last year) and will get Costa Rica who they think they can beat and did the last time they played. I can see a lot of 2-0 Japan bets happening in Colombia right now.

Back