• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

World Cup Group D - Uruguay, Costa Rica, England, Italy

Which two teams will progress from the group?

• Uruguay and England

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Uruguay and Italy

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Uruguay and Costa Rica

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • England and Italy

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • England and Costa Rica

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Italy and Costa Rica

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sturridge has to control it first time no way he could let it bounce first. The sort of thing that really gets me little decisions that anyone can see that they don't.

Good game this, some lovely passes from both sides. England undoing their good work by needlessly giving the ball away.

weve had some exciting games this tournament.. this is exciting in a different way. Pirlo showing that Gerrard is no where near his level. I actually haven't noticed Gerrard once. Pirlo is bossing it, everything Italy do well is coming through him, outstanding dummy for the goal. I think italy have been the better team, but this could go either way.

BqIBqg4CAAA6wLE.png

Baines looking ridiculously out of depth again.

Though to be fair, Rooney isn't helping him out.

Pirlo is amazing, isn't he. Doesn't run much, tackle or press very hard, but he always seem to be available - and always seem to know where everyone else are.

England have done well though. A bit sharper, and they can win this one.

weve had some exciting games this tournament.. this is exciting in a different way. Pirlo showing that Gerrard is no where near his level. I actually haven't noticed Gerrard once. Pirlo is bossing it, everything Italy do well is coming through him, outstanding dummy for the goal. I think italy have been the better team, but this could go either way.

There's no comparison between Gerrard and Pirlo, they are completely different players with Gerrard a square peg in the round hole. If England had a Pirlo, well it could be an interesting tournament. Can't remember a player you've had like him since I've been watching football anyway. I mean Wheelchair and Joe Cole and others try to be like him but are miles away.

There's no comparison between Gerrard and Pirlo, they are completely different players with Gerrard a square peg in the round hole. If England had a Pirlo, well it could be an interesting tournament. Can't remember a player you've had like him since I've been watching football anyway. I mean Wheelchair and Joe Cole and others try to be like him but are miles away.

All season pundits and footballers alike have been comparing them both. Mainly because of this "new role" Gerrard has been playing in for Liverpool. Scholes is the only footballer England have had thats like Pirlo, someone willing to pick the ball up and play it with no fuss, yet when a killer ball is needed can play one. I mean it's no surprise that players like Pirlo and Zidane hail Scholes as the best of his generation.

Back