• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

World Cup Group D - Uruguay, Costa Rica, England, Italy

Which two teams will progress from the group?

• Uruguay and England

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Uruguay and Italy

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Uruguay and Costa Rica

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • England and Italy

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • England and Costa Rica

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Italy and Costa Rica

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Decent side. Glad Manager was brave and put Sterling in. Welbeck or Barkley, who do you prefer?

In the heat, the subs will be vital, and we have players as good on the bench with Lallana and Barkley.

Campbell doesn't qualify for a work permit at the moment

just searched.. he was granted a work permit in july 2013.. so he could have actually stayed last season and played for arsenal, they just decided to buy Sanogo and send Campbell out on loan. I imagine this year theyll keep Campbell and perhaps send Sanogo out on loan.

Englands line up:

Hart
Johnsonn - Jagielka - Cahill - Baines
Gerrard - Henderson
Welbeck - Rooney - Sterling
Sturridge​

Its possible that for euro 2016 qualification the team could look like this in some games

............................Hart
Flanagan...Stones...Jagielka....Baines
...............Gerrard..Henderson
..........Lallana..Barkley..Sterling
......................Sturridge

If Lallana joins Liverpool as expected, that's all the outfield players coming from Liverpool and Everton :)

just searched.. he was granted a work permit in july 2013.. so he could have actually stayed last season and played for arsenal, they just decided to buy Sanogo and send Campbell out on loan. I imagine this year theyll keep Campbell and perhaps send Sanogo out on loan.

Or they will buy Benzema and Remy and send both Sanogo and Campbell on loan ((

Englands line up:

Hart
Johnsonn - Jagielka - Cahill - Baines
Gerrard - Henderson
Welbeck - Rooney - Sterling
Sturridge​

:( what is Hodgson's love in with Wellbeck about?! I wouldn't have him near the squad, let alone in the first team!!

Do you know which site that was on?

:( what is Hodgson's love in with Wellbeck about?! I wouldn't have him near the squad, let alone in the first team!!

His record for England under Hodgson might be a factor, pretty good scoring record. But yeah, don't see why he's starting based on club form. I don't really rate Lallana but based on form, you'd think he'd be ahead of Welbeck.

Rumours have been going round that Welbeck is there to man mark Pirlo.

He's an athlete

Which is a fair point. Italy trying to retain possession and high humidity, having fit strong players able to run for an hour non stop could be key.

If Sterling and Barkley were older and more experienced, they'd both start (over Wellbeck).

That's a pretty meh looking team.

Defense wise it is, but when you have De Rossi screening you, you can get away with that, the guys a machine. I must admit, the midfield three of de Rossi,Pirlo and Verrati must be one of the best in the tournament, it has it all. I can see them playing triangles round our midfield, Pirlo will run the game again.

Marchisio is not a wideman so he'll be coming inside a lot, Chiellini will be like a machine running up and down the left but he's definitely better centrally. I'd have liked to have seen Italy play the same sort of formation that Juventus do considering they have the players for it.

This current CR v Uruguay game is the worst of the tournament so far!

Uruguay have some skill, and with Suarez to come back, they have quality but don't look a cohesive team.

Defense wise it is, but when you have De Rossi screening you, you can get away with that, the guys a machine. I must admit, the midfield three of de Rossi,Pirlo and Verrati must be one of the best in the tournament, it has it all. I can see them playing triangles round our midfield, Pirlo will run the game again.

Marchisio is not a wideman so he'll be coming inside a lot, Chiellini will be like a machine running up and down the left but he's definitely better centrally. I'd have liked to have seen Italy play the same sort of formation that Juventus do considering they have the players for it.

Marchisio and Candreva are nothing special. The 3 you mention are good (verrati being inconsistent) but still...that team looks average. De Rossi is going to be asked to screen? i've always thought he's better going forward.

How will Gerrard and Henderson hold up? Whether they have a good game will be key. Gerrard is probably only good for 70 odd minutes in that climate.

Marchisio and Candreva are nothing special. The 3 you mention are good (verrati being inconsistent) but still...that team looks average. De Rossi is going to be asked to screen? i've always thought he's better going forward.

Marchisio as a wide man isn't anything special. As a central player, he's better than Verratti. Candreva is a solid footballer, great work rate and will be up and down helping Darmian all night. Balotelli is key for them though, needs to make sure he's head is screwed on, because he can win a game on his own

Back