• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

World Cup Group F - Argentina, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Iran, Nigeria

Which two teams will progress to the next round?

• Argentina and Bosnia and Herzegovina

Votes: 12 80.0%
  • Argentina and Iran

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Argentina and Nigeria

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Bosnia and Herzegovina and Iran

• Bosnia and Herzegovina and Nigeria

• Iran and Nigeria

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Apparently only two other player have scored past their club mate at a World Cup. Zidane vs Casillas in 2006, & Sneijder vs Julio Cesar in 2010.

Bosnia game is good. Pjanic looking quality, shame he signed a new contract. Dzeko has been robbed, 2 yds onside

Bosnia out, another poor finish from Dzeko at the end on second viewing.

Shame because they've got some good players in that team.

Nigeria's time wasting at the end was borderline cretinous but I guess that's part and parcel these days.

Argentina through, Bosnia out. Iran need a win against Bosnia and a little help from Argentina to stand a chance.

Bosnia out, another poor finish from Dzeko at the end on second viewing.

Shame because they've got some good players in that team.

Nigeria's time wasting at the end was borderline cretinous but I guess that's part and parcel these days.

Amusing watching Begovic all upset about it. Cause he's NEVER done that himself.

10 men behind the ball for Messis goal and he still managed to bang a goal past them.. guys the greatest of all time. Argentina were **** against Bosnia, even worse today..People say Diego Maradona carried Argentina to 86... I mean despite how talented the Argentina squad is on paper they are ****. If they win the WC, Messi would have dragged them.

It was the one time they failed to close him down quickly. He had a couple of seconds to shift the ball, push it onto his left peg and bend. Very very fine margins. Iran robbed. The non-penalty decision was a joke.

Hmm, there's no doubt he's been their best player in the two games. I think the 86 team was far worse than this side but if Messi wins the World Cup and with everything else he has achieved he's gotta be the greatest ever.

Messi is brilliant, the best of his generation, but somehow he lacks the soul, the passion, the drama of Maradona. The record books might say that Messi is the greatest, but in Argentinian hearts Maradona will forever be number one.

Yeah, the coke snorting, pistol shooting, wife beating, Mafia led Maradona was just a lot more fun to watch than good guy Messi :)

It was the one time they failed to close him down quickly. He had a couple of seconds to shift the ball, push it onto his left peg and bend. Very very fine margins. Iran robbed. The non-penalty decision was a joke.

Reminded me of Bale in his final season at Spurs.. You KNOW what he's going to do but he does it so perfectly, you can't stop it.

It was another unconvincing performance by Argentina. Based on the 2 performance against Bosnia and Iran, just can't see Argentina going all the way to win the WC. They were fortunate to even win against Iran. In fact, Iran could have snatched the win as they had a few goal scoring chances. Messi did well to come up with another brilliant winning goal. But his contributions in this WC has been very minimal despite scoring 2 goals. He will need to contribute more if Argentina are to go very far in this WC.

Mexico and Nigeria are the only teams yet to concede any goals so far. After the boring 0-0 draw with Iran, Nigeria did well to beat Bosnia. But they were fortunate as Bosnia had a goal wrongly ruled offside. Can see Nigeria progressing from this group as they have 4 points now. In fact, can see Argentina struggle to score against Nigeria as. If they do progress as the 2nd placed team, it will be interesting to see Nigeria facing France in the next round.

I've changed my mind at least three times but I actually think he got the ball, yeah he followed through but that was momentum really, he didn't get much on the ball but he got just about enough of it. Iran were robbed though I agree there.

If Iran beat Bosnia 1-0 & Nigeria lose 0-1 to Argentina on Wednesday, the Group runner up will be decided by a coin-toss!

would that count as gambling?

not sure that's allowed in Iran

one of my mates is Iranian, I'd love it for them to get through just for him, he was nearly in tears when Messi scored

Just checked the criteria for level points and it's: goal difference, goals scored, head-to-head and then coin toss (!).

If Iran beat Bosnia 1-0 and Nigeria lose to Argentina 1-0 it would therefore result in a coin toss!

Edit: Just seen Mumorn beat me to it.

Back