• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

World Cup Group F - Argentina, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Iran, Nigeria

Which two teams will progress to the next round?

• Argentina and Bosnia and Herzegovina

Votes: 12 80.0%
  • Argentina and Iran

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Argentina and Nigeria

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Bosnia and Herzegovina and Iran

• Bosnia and Herzegovina and Nigeria

• Iran and Nigeria

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Diving, cheating, fouling, harassing the ref. That same "do anything for a win" mentality.
Such a shame we are now managed by an ex Argentina player, have an Argentinian backroom staff, all of whom will be trying to get the best out of our record signing who just happens to be an Argentinian.......oh and we seem to be linked with an endless list of average Argentinian players now

A7564_zps7db5a889.jpg

Diving, cheating, fouling, harassing the ref. That same "do anything for a win" mentality.

You know, sometimes it's called for. In an Arsenal derby, I'd prefer that than the lovely boy approach of some of our players in the past. I remember being disgusted one NLD when it was only Thudd who seemed concerned by the fact we were losing.

We need a solid Argentinian **** who takes all the **** attention so that the other 10 players can be lesser ****s (but still ****s) without the attention and ridicule. It's what Roy Keane did best.

You know, sometimes it's called for. In an Arsenal derby, I'd prefer that than the lovely boy approach of some of our players in the past. I remember being disgusted one NLD when it was only Thudd who seemed concerned by the fact we were losing.

We need a solid Argentinian **** who takes all the **** attention so that the other 10 players can be lesser ****s (but still ****s) without the attention and ridicule. It's what Roy Keane did best.

Most successful teams have a ****. Chelsea and Argentina have a team of them.

Such a shame we are now managed by an ex Argentina player, have an Argentinian backroom staff, all of whom will be trying to get the best out of our record signing who just happens to be an Argentinian.......oh and we seem to be linked with an endless list of average Argentinian players now

What's your point? That because we have an Argentinian manager we ignore the disgusting things their team does? Seems a little strange - especially in a thread about their national team.

Next time we have a thread mentioning genocide in Random shall we just sweep their history under the carpet for the same reason?

That Maradona photo is amazing.. Would love to know how that situation came about? If it was in recent times you would assume it was photoshopped lol

That Maradona photo is amazing.. Would love to know how that situation came about? If it was in recent times you would assume it was photoshopped lol

[video=youtube;0-m9ylJSZps]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-m9ylJSZps[/video]

What's your point? That because we have an Argentinian manager we ignore the disgusting things their team does? Seems a little strange - especially in a thread about their national team.

Next time we have a thread mentioning genocide in Random shall we just sweep their history under the carpet for the same reason?
Maybe its an idea not to make sweeping generalisations........I mean not all Argentinians are divers, cheats, foulers and ref harassers.

Maybe its an idea not to make sweeping generalisations........I mean not all Argentinians are divers, cheats, foulers and ref harassers.

That team is though. And the vast majority of their players have been for as long as I've watched football.

I agree that not all Argentinian footballers are like that - I suspect there are plenty that aren't but just don't make it into the national team as they don't fit the mould.

That team is though. And the vast majority of their players have been for as long as I've watched football.

I agree that not all Argentinian footballers are like that - I suspect there are plenty that aren't but just don't make it into the national team as they don't fit the mould.

It's probably the 'nicest' argentina squad though in years.. Aguero, Zabaleta, Messi, Higuain, Garay all seem likeable.

Have you seen Spain? France? Brazil? Portugal no doubt. They all dive, roll around, harass the ref etc and they have all done it in this tournament so far.

It's probably the 'nicest' argentina squad though in years.. Aguero, Zabaleta, Messi, Higuain, Garay all seem likeable.

Compared to previous squads, yes.

Let's not forget though that Zabaleta often gets a rush of blood to the head and makes some very dangerous tackles, Aguero likes a dive and I saw at least one occasion last night where he did the rolling over and over thing I was talking about. Messi likes a dive or two, despite what the Barca PR machine would have you think, and Garay can get very, very kicky at times.

They're far better than previous teams but still fairly "Argentina-y"

Have you seen Spain? France? Brazil? Portugal no doubt. They all dive, roll around, harass the ref etc and they have all done it in this tournament so far.

Some Spanish players do it - France not so much. Brazil a little and Portugal a few players. None seem to have that Chelsea-style systematic cnutness built into the squad though.

I am very sure that photo of Maradona surrounded by 6 Belgium players are from the 1982 World Cup group match, in which Belgium shocked the defending champions Argentina 1-0. And this is not from the 1986 semi final match like someone mentioned above in which a matured Maradona scored both goals as Argentina beat Belgium 2-0. The Maradona of 1982 WC was young and naive as he couldn't handle the pressure of being tightly marked and he was send off against Brazil after kicking out in retaliation.

I think Maradona's WC participation can be summarized as naive(1982), brilliant(1986), matured(1990) and stupid(1994). While much has been talked about his brilliance in the 1986 WC, people forget how he single handedly took a shyte Argentina team all the way to the Final before losing to W.Germany. I can remember 2 things about Maradona in 1990 : 1.he clearly used his hand to stop a goal-bound shot against Soviet Union and 2.he driblled past 4/5 players to set up the winning goal for Argentina against Brazil in 2nd Round. Ofcourse, he was stupid to be kicked out of 1994 WC for using drug.

I am very sure that photo of Maradona surrounded by 6 Belgium players are from the 1982 World Cup group match, in which Belgium shocked the defending champions Argentina 1-0. And this is not from the 1986 semi final match like someone mentioned above in which a matured Maradona scored both goals as Argentina beat Belgium 2-0.
Unless Belgium had to change shorts at half time it's not the same game as Mumorn's vid.

Not a convincing display from Argentina. In fact, this was the only match in the WC so far that I found to be boring. Apart from the brilliant goal from Messi, there were not many shots on goal, especially from Argentina. For now, they can be happy to have won their toughest match in the group. But they will really need to improve their performance if they want to go all the way to win it.

Ashley Cole and Wayne Rooney are two of the mouthiest twunts I've seen in football, and Gerrard one of the biggest divers. England are just as bad as any of those countries except the others don't make such a fuss over other countries cheating like the English.

Ashley Cole and Wayne Rooney are two of the mouthiest twunts I've seen in football, and Gerrard one of the biggest divers. England are just as bad as any of those countries except the others don't make such a fuss over other countries cheating like the English.

As I posted above - all teams have some element of that. I dislike Cole and Rooney as individuals as much as I do Argentina as a team.

I'm hardly England's biggest fan either but there's certainly no systematic cheating on show like there is for Argentina. If you look at how their government behaves it's no surprise that it rubs off on their culture to some extent.

Unless Belgium had to change shorts at half time it's not the same game as Mumorn's vid.

:lol:

1982 WC was the first WC I followed. I can still remember all the sensational news about the way Belgium shocked Argentina. The name of the goal scorer, Erwin Vandenbergh, became a household name then.

Back