• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

World Cup Group F - Argentina, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Iran, Nigeria

Which two teams will progress to the next round?

• Argentina and Bosnia and Herzegovina

Votes: 12 80.0%
  • Argentina and Iran

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Argentina and Nigeria

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Bosnia and Herzegovina and Iran

• Bosnia and Herzegovina and Nigeria

• Iran and Nigeria

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Awful performance from the Super Eagles!
Mikel just slows things down way too much, allowing the Iranian's bus enough time to double-park AND order Burger King for everyone.
Set-pieces, poor.
Control in final 3rd, poor.
Argghhh!!

boring boring african teams.. cameroon were just as boring.

Nigeria were sh!te, but not as sh!te as this comment. Wtf?? Did you not see who was at least trying to attack and who parked the bus?? Did you even watch Ivory Coast vs Japan??

Nigeria were sh!te, but not as sh!te as this comment. Wtf?? Did you not see who was at least trying to attack and who parked the bus?? Did you even watch Ivory Coast vs Japan??

Ivory coast were okay, but wasteful. will be ruined by a better team. Nigeria were the less of two evils today.

Ivory coast were okay, but wasteful. will be ruined by a better team. Nigeria were the less of two evils today.

Yes, wasteful like a lot of teams...it still doesn't qualify as being boring does it? Were England and Rooney boring for example? Weren't Argentina boring, Messi's goal aside?
Many teams can and will be 'ruined by better teams'

Yes, wasteful like a lot of teams...it still doesn't qualify as being boring does it? Were England and Rooney boring for example? Weren't Argentina boring, Messi's goal aside?
Many teams can and will be 'ruined by better teams'

Technically, England were good. Best football theyve played in atleast 10 years. Nigeria have been the worst I've seen them in a while. I was very impressed with them at African Nations, even at the Confeds last year, wasteful but entertaining. It could have been that Quieroz had Iran well drilled and were defending well and just nullified Nigeria. I look forward to seeing them against Bosnia or Argentina where they won't sit back

Technically, England were good. Best football theyve played in atleast 10 years. Nigeria have been the worst I've seen them in a while. I was very impressed with them at African Nations, even at the Confeds last year, wasteful but entertaining. It could have been that Quieroz had Iran well drilled and were defending well and just nullified Nigeria. I look forward to seeing them against Bosnia or Argentina where they won't sit back

Quieroz indeed did have Iran well-drilled and I feared as much for Nigeria unless they got an early goal. Technically England were good, but the main point is that wastefulness doesn't automatically equal boring.
In the same way England were playing their best football for 10 years, Nigeria were defensively at their best for a similar time period: we would have lost that kind of game previously and that's the main positive that I can take from it.

I certainly look forward to Ghana shoving your "boring boring Afrian teams" comment where it aint sunny ;)

I think Quieroz has got the Iranian's drilled very very well…I can see them pinching this game if they can maintain energy...

Agreed. I was quite impressed. Most of their players from their domestic league, no big stars. Bosnia will be favourites of course, but this Iran side might still be in with a shout.

Awful performance from the Super Eagles!
Mikel just slows things down way too much, allowing the Iranian's bus enough time to double-park AND order Burger King for everyone.

Really? I thought Mikel showed another dimension playing a more dictating role than he normally does over at the Russians. He should play in Lampard's position methinks, he has the qualities.

Iran was like rewatching Norway from the 90's. Our former national coach, Drillo, was commentating and creaming himself at Iran's discipline.

The MOTD panel really laid into Mikel, Lineker especially was implying how he never rated him and he completely slows down every attack.. Rio wasn't quite as critical but he did say ''For such a great athlete he always wondered why he never carries the ball forward when there is space in front of him?''

Iran didn't help to make it much of a spectacle but on the whole the first round games have been really good so far

I think Mikel is a very under appreciated footballer. You don't make over 300 appearances for Chelsea who have been managed by some of the best managers in the world in Mourinho, Hiddink, Ancelotti etc. if you're not very good.

Not sure Mikel can take too much credit from a game where his team have failed to break down Iran, and failed to even craft any really good chances. If he's in the middle to orchestrate things, he didn't do a very good job. I thought he was largely anonymous.

Really disappointed with the Nigeria-Iran match. After having atleast 1 goal in all the previous 12 matches, it was really annoying to see this match end up goal less. It was the first time since 1934, that all the matches have had atleast 1 goal since the start of a WC. But Nigeria-Iran have spoiled the party mood. Thought Nigeria will do enough to get a win but they couldn't even score a goal. Can't blame Iran as they don't have much quality. But Nigeria with many big-name players should have done better. Instead, the "Super Eagles" are already looking like "Super Flops" yet again.

I think the Argentina-Iran match will show if Argentina have the quality to go all the way to win the WC. Surely, this being their second match, they should show a better form than they showed against Bosnia.

Nigeria-Iran match was very boring. I think Nigeria-Bosnia match will be another boring one as well. Nigeria simply lack any quality in front of goal.

There's no good result in an Argentina/Iran match. Except maybe long term bans from all levels of football as punishment for the behaviour of their countries.

Argentinia have been lazy and its obvious theyve taken this game for granted. I want Iran to win but really I hope they both just drop ont he floor and **** their pants in front of the whole world

Germany or France would be 3 goals up by now.
I've no idea how Argentina and Brazil are still bookies favourites for the World Cup?

Argentinia have been lazy and its obvious theyve taken this game for granted. I want Iran to win but really I hope they both just drop ont he floor and **** their pants in front of the whole world

Argentina haven't been great but at the same time they have not been all that bad. Whenever a team parks the bus to the degree and consistency that Iran have done it's always to be difficult to break them down, no matter who you are.

Back