• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

World Cup Group G - Germany, Portugal, Ghana, USA

Which two teams will progress to the next round?

• Germany and Portugal

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Germany and USA

Votes: 12 63.2%
  • Germany and Ghana

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Portugal and USA

• Portugal and Ghana

• USA and Ghana

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
BqSjkmBCcAA2DtF.png

One of the games of the tournament for me. A real World Cup moment that winner from the American we've never heard of!

MURRICA...**** YEAH!

setting up well to advance

Sent from my S4 using Fapatalk so if there is typos deal with it.

Great goal by Ghana! And I got 3 points in the prediction league, yeah. ;) Portugal and Germany will progress though, can't see any of these teams beating either of them.

EXCELLENT!
Delighted for my American friends and neighbors, wonderful…Dempsey was great, very tough…Bradley coughed up possession too often…but Jurgen has them well-drilled.
Nice one!!!!

More shots on target by America despite Ghana having 20 attempts, more than double the USA. There's a big part of the story

If a game like this, with a late goal like that, can't get Americans into football, then there's probably something seriously wrong with them.

More shots on target by America despite Ghana having 20 attempts, more than double the USA. There's a big part of the story

Sadly, for Ghana, this. Fair play to the USA though...they really hung in their and our old boy Dempsey typified their spirit (man I miss that guy:()

If a game like this, with a late goal like that, can't get Americans into football, then there's probably something seriously wrong with them.
the sport is rapidly growing. many many years of ignorance needing to be overcome. those under 30 have a MUCH greater appreciation of the have than those over 30.

I made my 14 month old cry, twice, celebrating.

I made some guys from work watch this game and they enjoyed it much more than they thought they would. neither I'd on the road to fandom yet but less ignorance is what I'm going for.

it's been thought, by many, that this world cup need to be the spring board for the sport here. Getting our of this group, and maybe winning a knock out game would be HUGE, especially after that kind of win. the ratings here are so far a head of what was predicted it's just silly.

quality over quantity. US doesn't have the talent to beat a ton of teams playing fast and lose, which is why Klinsmann is implementing a sound and fundamental style of play...no flash just substance.

The US was more than happy to let Ghana shoot from 30 yards all night long and it worked

They are into it, they have more visiting fans than any other country. Met some Americans in Japan recently that had just finished uni, said they all love it and were pretty knowledgeable about the premiership. Surprised me but said its not uncommon. Fan levels are above ice hockey and now on a par with baseball and expected to overtake it soon. Also have higher average attendances than NBA in MLS but obviously there are less games.

Leaving the bolded bit aside, the bar I was in was as full as I've seen it and went mental when the US got the winner. That said, only about 25-30% of the people were actually watching the game and I'm sure I'll be alone tomorrow for the Brazil V Mexico match.

They are into it, they have more visiting fans than any other country. Met some Americans in Japan recently that had just finished uni, said they all love it and were pretty knowledgeable about the premiership. Surprised me but said its not uncommon. Fan levels are above ice hockey and now on a par with baseball and expected to overtake it soon. Also have higher average attendances than NBA in MLS but obviously there are less games.

It's all about the ad money and that requires a large tv audience. Most major news media in the US seem to completely ignore football and only report on their big 4. And a little golf and tennis, which also attract more sponsorship money than they should.

Back