• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Champions League 23/24

Was bad enough when they won it 4 years out of 5 when they had Ronaldo and Modric in their prime despite only winning La Liga maybe once in that time? But they’ve won it 2 years out of the last 3 again despite there being 3-4 teams in Europe that are better than them and having no striker.

Was bad enough when they won it 4 years out of 5 when they had Ronaldo and Modric in their prime despite only winning La Liga maybe once in that time? But they’ve won it 2 years out of the last 3 again despite there being 3-4 teams in Europe that are better than them and having no striker.

They are a great team, and it should be lauded that they had so many players in the team that were signed young and developed or came out of their own youth academy.

They are a great team, and it should be lauded that they had so many players in the team that were signed young and developed or came out of their own youth academy.

And that the officials help them every game like yesterday when Vini Jr should have got a second yellow for a blatant dive. When we look back in 20-30 years no one will say they were a great team like the Ajax team in the 70s, the Bayern team in the 70s or Barcelona under Pep.

This is worth a read.

The waiting game as in hoping the opposition misses a lot of gilt edge chances. They have an unbelievable will to win and never panic I will say that but so many of their victories in finals and in the early stages not only this year but previous years have been massively undeserved.

And that the officials help them every game like yesterday when Vini Jr should have got a second yellow for a blatant dive. When we look back in 20-30 years no one will say they were a great team like the Ajax team in the 70s, the Bayern team in the 70s or Barcelona under Pep.

That depends how many they win.

That depends how many they win.

Only 1 league title in that spell of 4 CL’s in 5 years so they weren’t even dominate in their own league. I rate the team they had at the turn of the century much higher than this team. They blew teams away in finals and put good teams like Man United to the sword during the galactico era.

Can’t really compare teams across different eras but if pushed I’d say they’re only behind the Barca team of peak Xavi/Iniesta/Messi and Sacchi’s Milan.
I think you’re way off on last night’s game by the way, Madrid played as well as they needed to i.e. not very well. Not down to bad refereeing but because Dortmund aren’t very good.

Can’t really compare teams across different eras but if pushed I’d say they’re only behind the Barca team of peak Xavi/Iniesta/Messi and Sacchi’s Milan.
I think you’re way off on last night’s game by the way, Madrid played as well as they needed to i.e. not very well. Not down to bad refereeing but because Dortmund aren’t very good.

In general the officials tend to favour them. Unless they’re playing one of the other teams they also favour like Barca. Vini Jr should have definitely got a yellow card for that dive. Don’t get me wrong they’re a good team and have some excellent players and a great manager but I’m still scratching my head as to how they have won this competition 6 times in the last 10 years. To put that into perspective, Liverpool and Bayern have won it the same amount of times in their entire history and Madrid have matched that in 10 years! If they had been dominant in their own league I might be a bit more charitable about the luck they always seem to get in this competition. They won the league once in during the first spell of 4 in 5 years from 2014-18.

Back