• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Euro 2016 - Last 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Euro_2016_Knockouts.png

Very, very cool that Iceland got through, but I can't for the life of me see how they're going to get past England. Not that England have looked particularly good, but Iceland have been looking increasingly tired and less inspired. They shouldn't be good enough. Some tasty games now though. Will be a very tough way for England towards the final if they beat Iceland.

To think that one of Switzerland, Poland, Croatia, Portugal, Wales, Northern Ireland, Hungary or Belgium will be in the final is kind of strange. I hope Portugal crash out against Croatia. Would be fun if Hungary could upset Belgium too.

A Bale vs Modric semifinal looks a definite possibility. Eng/Fra vs Spa/Ita/Ger in the other. LOL

Should we get past Iceland, I cannot see further progress, unless there is a big improvement. Hodgson has got us in the difficult side of the draw due to his strategic genius for messing things up.

Top half of the bracket: 0 major titles
Bottom half of the bracket: 20 major titles

This has to be one of the most lopsided knockout rounds in memory.

Smaller teams with a strong spirit of togetherness seems to be the theme. But looking at that last 16 draw, how badly wrong did the organizers get it ? Or was this the intention ??

Congratulations to all the home nations for making it to the round of 16.

And RoI

ITV have come out with better fixtures.

Croatia vs Portugal - watched that at Forest in Euro96, good game, cobwebs over all the seating ..... really massive cobwebs. Maybe Forest never used as far back as row 3 back then.

Last edited:
Should we get past Iceland, I cannot see further progress, unless there is a big improvement. Hodgson has got us in the difficult side of the draw due to his strategic genius for messing things up.

I'd be surprised to see us beat anyone in the other half of the draw either, I'd say getting past the first knock out round is an excellent performance bearing in mind the squad has no good cb's and only 1 good midfielder.

Well done Roy, another miracle imo.

Smaller teams with a strong spirit of togetherness seems to be the theme. But looking at that last 16 draw, how badly wrong did the organizers get it ? Or was this the intention ??

I think those fixtures look brilliant, I don't think it's wrong at all, the games all have more than football riding on them (other than England Iceland)

Last edited:

They couldn't predict who was going to finish where in their groups....its just how its fallen.

IFor us it could be a clash v the french in Paris......or even hopefully the Henry 'hand of scum' gets laid to rest and its the mother of all p*ss ups with us versus the Irish in paris.

Not lopsided at all, I think the new format is working really well. Not only has it made the tournament more exciting and unpredictable, but all the home nations along with ROI are through to the knockouts and at least one team that hasn't won the European Championship will reach the final. Who honestly wants to see Spain, Germany, France, or Italy win it again? I don't.

Not lopsided at all, I think the new format is working really well. Not only has it made the tournament more exciting and unpredictable, but all the home nations along with ROI are through to the knockouts and at least one team that hasn't won the European Championship will reach the final. Who honestly wants to see Spain, Germany, France, or Italy win it again? I don't.

I think the teams that have been eliminated should come back in after the next round, more money for everybody that's what it's all about.

Based on FIFA rankings, Spain and England would have been on the other side.

However, that Croatia last ditch goal and Eng being poor meant things didn't go to rankings.

Good to see some upsets IMO, but what a missed chance for England.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back