• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Euro 2016 - Last 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
fudgeing Portuguese clams. What a brick fudgeing team.

They won...

h6_PXr_Ba.gif

I seldom like Portugal because of Ronaldo. But really happy to see Portugal beat Croatia and progress to the Quarter finals ! This half of the draw for the knockout stages are already lacking big teams due to the stupidity of England and Spain not winning their groups. It would have been worse to see a Poland-Croatia match in the Quarter Finals as I don't like both teams !

Fortunately Portugal managed to stop Croatia even if it was a boring boring match ! Ronaldo had a poor match but had a hand in the winning goal. In fact, he should have scored the goal but hit it straight at the goalie but fortunately for him Quaresma was able to head the rebound into goal.

Special mention to Switzerland. They really should have beaten Poland. It was a brilliant bicycle kick goal by Stoke's Shaqiri to make the score 1-1. After that they wasted many chances to kill the game off. Then it was left to Arsenal's new player Xhaka to bottle the penalty which ultimately destroyed Switzerland.

Also thought Northern Ireland were unlucky to lose to Wales by an own goal. It was another boring boring match. This is why really hate to see small teams meet in the knockout stages. They would normally play with extra caution making it a borng match like these.

Maybe they should make the knockout stage matches less boring. Whenever a match ends 0-0 in normal time, it should go directly to penalty shoot outs instead of having to go through 30 mins of extra time.

UEFA has really messed up their competitions simply to make more money. There are too many teams in both their cup competitions a maximum of 2 per country in the CL should be enough and letting teams join the EL for failure is ridiculous, that should also trim down the number of clubs in it. The current competition has been full of games where sides are trying to nick a result rather than win a game through good play. It great for the countries who get there as they see their team in a major tournament, but for the neutral there are too many negative games.

Last edited:
UEFA has really messed up their competitions simply to make more money. There are too many teams in both their cup competitions a maximum of 2 per country in the CL should be enough and letting teams join the EL for failure is ridiculous, that should also trim down the number of clubs in it. The current competition has been full of games where sides are trying to nick a result rather than win a game through good play. It great for the countries who get there as they see their team in a major tournament, but for the neutral there are too many negative games.

I don't think it would be any different if it was just a 4 team tournament with Germany, Italy, Spain and France

I don't think it would be any different if it was just a 4 team tournament with Germany, Italy, Spain and France

Apart from Italy I don't the other 3 won play 10 behind the ball and hope to win. There would be certainly less boring games, I preferred it when there were just 8 teams in the finals.

skrtel has been assaulting people all tournament, about time he got pulled up on it

dogbrick pen from ozil

What a waste of time this round is, so poor.

I don't wanna see Germany tinkle all over Slovakia like it as group game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back