• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Euro 2016 - Quarter Finals

So Portugal have not won a single EC game after 90 minutes and are now in the semis. Crazy.

So Portugal have not won a single EC game after 90 minutes and are now in the semis. Crazy.

If Poland had won the penalties, they would have been in the semi final after only beating the mighty Northern Ireland and Ukraine over 90 mins. UEFA has really messed up the Euro by expanding it too big. There are too many shyte teams in this Euro, making most of the matches boring.

If Poland had won the penalties, they would have been in the semi final after only beating the mighty Northern Ireland and Ukraine over 90 mins. UEFA has really messed up the Euro by expanding it too big. There are too many shyte teams in this Euro, making most of the matches boring.

True that. The previous format of 16 teams was just perfect, IMO. Although I'm quite happy to see the likes of Wales and Iceland making it to the quarterfinals - it's refreshing.

My thoughts as well.

Portugal simply aren't good enough to win - I can't see how they'll get past France, Italy or Germany. Would be a tragedy for international football if they somehow did though, one of the dullest teams of the tournament surely.

Portugal simply aren't good enough to win - I can't see how they'll get past France, Italy or Germany. Would be a tragedy for international football if they somehow did though, one of the dullest teams of the tournament surely.

Bales will see to them

They could have kept all the brick teams in and seeded the round of 16.

Can you blame Portugal for abandoning their free-flowing attacking football they're famous for after losing to Greece on home soil in the final 12 years ago? Look at Greece and Spain's tiki-taka football. Not exactly entertaining football but they both won cups! You can't deny Portugal are the most resilient team left in the tournament. They are hard to break down and people are losing their minds because they haven't lost a game yet!

Last edited:
They should do like they in ice-hockey for the cup part of the tournament. Let the best of the teams qualified for the last 16 (the team with most points and best GD/most scored goals) pick which team they should meet.

True that. The previous format of 16 teams was just perfect, IMO. Although I'm quite happy to see the likes of Wales and Iceland making it to the quarterfinals - it's refreshing.

This. I didn't actually want the expansion but have found the tournament more interesting because there are smaller nations.

Personally I think the last few international tournaments have all been pretty dull in terms of games anyway.

In defence of the new format, I do like the way a team can lose their first two group games and still have a chance of qualifying. It's like having an extra knock out round for the smaller nations.

Back