• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Financial Fair Play

They won't get kicked out of the Champions League, they will get a transfer ban which will end up being suspended for 2 years.

Can they only investigate clubs which have played in their competitions.. I.e. if Everton make the CL they wouldn't be investigatated until next year? Not the Everton would fail but you get my point ;)

Can they only investigate clubs which have played in their competitions.. I.e. if Everton make the CL they wouldn't be investigatated until next year? Not the Everton would fail but you get my point ;)

UEFA decided to limit their investigations to teams that were in European competition this season. Liverpool's players may have benifited from extra rest because they weren't involved in this season's Europa League but possibly the biggest benefit to Liverpool was that they have avoided the FFP test - which I believe they would have failed.

The new settlement option looks designed for rich clubs to strike a deal with football bureaucrats. Don't ban us and we'll pay a large fine for the football family to put to good use.

BlRAcXXIAAAZkp9.png

I be mighty ****ed off arab if the only return i get for all that money is a carling cup trophy in two years........how much am i paying them!!!!

Just look at Real Madrid mate, between 2003 and 2013 they won only four trophies (3 li liga titles 1 copa del rey), a truly poor return when you think about the 100s of millions they spent.

it'll be a 20k fine to really hit em where it hurts

Ha. You probably right you know. A big fine (that is exempt from the FFP calculations) which doesn't mean squat to these rich clubs is all we'll see. I will stand up in my office and applaud loudly if they impose anything other than a token sanction on these clubs.

No clubs will be kicked out of European competition next season for breaking financial fair play rules, Uefa president Michel Platini said in an interview on Thursday.

Uefa's financial fair play (FFP) policy, designed to stop clubs spending more than they earn, comes into effect next season with a maximum penalty of exclusion from European competition for those failing to comply.

"In effect, the first decisions will be announced at the start of May," Platini told Le Parisien newspaper in an interview published on its website.

"But if you are expecting blood and tears and you will be disappointed. There will be some tough things but no exclusions from European competition.

"I think that significant sanctions will affect the big clubs. We will go through with this."

Emirates Marketing Project and Paris St Germain are understood to be among around 20 clubs dealt with by Uefa's Club Financial Control Board (CFCB) earlier this month, with those facing action to be announced on 5 May.

Qatar-owned PSG are the club under most scrutiny after they wiped out their losses with a huge and back-dated sponsorship deal with the Qatar Tourist Authority.

Platini said he was unsure if that "innovative" sponsorship deal played by the rules.

He added: "I will say simply that Paris St Germain's financial model is distinctive and atypical. That image contract with the QTA, the tourism office of Qatar, is innovative, that's all I can say.

"But is it viable? Is the value of the contract correct? These are questions that the experts must decide."

Emirates Marketing Project, who have lost £149million in the past two seasons, are also at risk but have been working with UEFA to try to comply with the FFP rules.

The CFCB panel will have four options open to them - to dismiss the case; to agree a settlement with the club effectively putting them on probation; to issue a reprimand and fine of up to 100,000 euros; or in serious cases to refer the club to the adjudicatory chamber.

That second disciplinary panel can issue a number of sanctions, from a warning to points deductions, a salary cap for the European squad, withholding revenues or exclusion from European competition.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/apr/24/michel-platini-uefa-champions-league-ffp

The CFCB panel will have four options open to them - to dismiss the case; to agree a settlement with the club effectively putting them on probation; to issue a reprimand and fine of up to 100,000 euros; or in serious cases to refer the club to the adjudicatory chamber.

That second disciplinary panel can issue a number of sanctions, from a warning to points deductions, a salary cap for the European squad, withholding revenues or exclusion from European competition

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/apr/24/michel-platini-uefa-champions-league-ffp

So the first panel cannot really do anything.

The Second panel can issue points deductions?? How would that work if you're in a knock-out competition!? I think most fans think the only real punishment is exclusion from UEFA competitions and we all know that is a last resort that will never happen. PSG and City will get a warning this year, a small fine the next and so on. UEFA wouldn't have the balls to exclude teams

It would have to be a fee the size of Germany's GNP to even be noticed in the cash drugged club owners' accounts. Ridiculous, but expected.

Don't know about PSG, but I'm hearing that our squad size is going to be cut for next year's competition. Fair enough, hopefully now we might play some of our youth players who have performed excellently in academies this season.

I don't know if this punishment is pre- or post-negotiation, however.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...senal-to-profit-as-City-and-PSG-face-FFP-cuts

From the sounds of it PSG and City are going to have a salary cap placed on their Champs League squad, so they are restricted as to which players they can take along. I'm not sure how it will work just yet, but would assume its a case of the clubs either naming a squad of first teamers of reduced number or naming a squad with a smaller pool of first teamers and then some youth players. I've got no idea about who earns what at these clubs, but a few of those players won't be happy.

Re: O/T Financial Fair Play

There is an argument that the Sheikh's and Oligarch's have been great for football (and its fans). These guys lose millions every year. That effectively means that they are subsidising the ticket prices for their fans. ie. If these clubs were to be run profitably, to watch the likes of Aguero and Toure, ticket prices would be much higher than they actually are. But the likes of Mansour are eating up the difference between the ticket price and the total cost of having a team with that many superstars.

And they made there bed... Hopefully with FFP player wages will come down meaning not just those teams will be able to afford these stars.

People talk about how great it is that Arsenal run the club "properly". But what does that actually mean? All it means is that they are making a profit. And profit is just money that goes from the fan's pocket to the shareholders. So what I would ask is; are the likes of Kroenke really that good for football? and aren't owners like Abramovic the guys that are actually giving value to the fans?

Are they not a team that runs on non profit basis. It would have helped if you stated there profit and what actual said monies was going into owners pockets. Again you mention Abramovich and value.. Again they made this situation, they are the reason the wages have become disproportionate to club income... it's easy to bring it back, just as easy as it was to create the gap.

I also think this is why a breakaway league is inevitable.

i don't, mainly because there are certain teams and a new breed of owners that are in it to make money and not spend money. These owners also want to win things. Take Liverpool as an example, without Liverpool who have a massive overseas following and one of the major reasons why the EPL monies has risen so high. Why would Liverpool want to partake in a league... European league, breakaway league where they have no true chance of winning, the teams spending the most now will only continue in such a league.

For owners of teams like Arsenal, they will not have to worry about missing out on top 4 etc. A breakaway league will ensure that they are always part of Europe's Elite. In a locked-in-league, Arsenal will be like one of those NFL clubs that don't really ever spend big to chase the title, but just look to be a part of the league as they can continue to make massive profits without having the risk of falling out of this elite group. The risk of falling out of the top 4 and thus the UCL is the worry for them, and why they want to pull up the drawbridge.

As mentioned, the teams spending now will continue to outspend Arsenal.. Liverpool.. Juventus... Both Milan's. The status quo will remain. Why join such a league.

For City, Chelsea, PSG etc, pulling up the drawbridge ensures that no-one else can come in and challenge their quest for glory. In addition, being in a breakaway league will benefit them as they will not have to put up with the "nonsense" and limitations that UEFA sets on them. UEFA have to accommodate a whole host of European teams. Hence the introduction of FFP. What is really needed for these elite teams however is an organisation that just serves them. A breakaway league is the only and inevitable solution.

As it happens, the only way forward is wage capping. Where the game becomes about management, financial efficiency, and good old fashioned hard work.. Not who simply spends the most.

City been fined £50 million and had their squad for next seasons champions league limited to 21. Same as for PSG.

It's tougher than I expected from them, and for any normal club it would mean something. For City and PSG though, it's just another drop in the ocean, fines will hardly hurt them. The only real way to send a message out is to ban them from the competition, or give them a points deduction (starting with -3 or -6 in the group stage would be tough on any team) but then that'll never happen.

Back