• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Financial Fair Play

So FIFA squeeze a 100mil out of the rich kids.

Definitely an interesting question, what happens with that money? Will it be added to the payout funds for UEFA competitions? Or? I'm guessing there will be more news on this in the following days.

Actually a harsher penalty than I expected for this. The money isn't exactly spare change and although some of those owners can just absorb that it still adds considerable "overhead" to any cash injection like that. Might make owners less willing to splurge like City and PSG have been doing?

The squad size reduction is considerable too. Will be more difficult to keep players happy if they can't be included in the CL squad, will also make it more difficult to rotate through the season and it puts some restrictions on new signings I think. Might just be me, but I think that's significant and will add both to the strain of playing in Europe and challenge of competing for a CL trophy. Probably more so for City than for PSG.

It's tougher than I expected from them, and for any normal club it would mean something. For City and PSG though, it's just another drop in the ocean, fines will hardly hurt them. The only real way to send a message out is to ban them from the competition, or give them a points deduction (starting with -3 or -6 in the group stage would be tough on any team) but then that'll never happen.

never gonna happen. they want big stars (ibrahimovic, Aguero etc.) in Champions League matches.

+ 8 players must be home grown - their only home grown decent players are Hart and Milner

Yeah, it's the open squad slots that have been limited. Had they cut the home grown quota with the squad size cut it would have been rather ridiculous.

Their squad this season (http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-city-uefa-champions-league-2251355#ixzz30vpse4aM)

Goalkeepers

Joe Hart
Costel Pantilimon
Eirik Holmen Johansen

Defenders

Micah Richards
Vincent Kompany
Pablo Zabaleta
Joleon Lescott
Aleksandar Kolarov
Gaël Clichy
Martín Demichelis
Matija Nastasic
Dedryck Boyata

Midfielders

James Milner
Samir Nasri
Javi García
Jesús Navas
Jack Rodwell
David Silva
Fernandinho
Yaya Touré

Forwards

Álvaro Negredo
Edin Džeko
Sergio Agüero
Stevan Jovetic

24 players in total, so probably 7 home grown players? Rodwell, Milner, Hart, Richards, Lescott, Boyata? And? Or did Johansen and Nastasic count as youth players? Perhaps.

Either way, so many of those home grown players already that they're looking to shift out or that are primarily squad players.

I'm expecting them to go heavily in for some of the home grown players this summer, player like Baines and Barkley at Everton for example. Although this will give them more FFP problems down the line.

Definitely an interesting question, what happens with that money? Will it be added to the payout funds for UEFA competitions? Or? I'm guessing there will be more news on this in the following days.

Actually a harsher penalty than I expected for this. The money isn't exactly spare change and although some of those owners can just absorb that it still adds considerable "overhead" to any cash injection like that. Might make owners less willing to splurge like City and PSG have been doing?

The squad size reduction is considerable too. Will be more difficult to keep players happy if they can't be included in the CL squad, will also make it more difficult to rotate through the season and it puts some restrictions on new signings I think. Might just be me, but I think that's significant and will add both to the strain of playing in Europe and challenge of competing for a CL trophy. Probably more so for City than for PSG.

More extravagant ball drawing ceremonies will take up the most of that 100mil and whatever is left will pay for research into the best hotels for fifa delegates while attending ball drawing ceremonies.

You are right. The punishment is a bit harsher than I thought it would be but they have stopped short of really hurting them. This is justa flesh wound. I wonder if the 50mil will be part of future FFP calculations and more importantly is the dodgy sponsorship that is deemed outside of the guidelines now out of the picture for good. That would really screw up City as their match day revenue is not huge.

More extravagant ball drawing ceremonies will take up the most of that 100mil and whatever is left will pay for research into the best hotels for fifa delegates while attending ball drawing ceremonies.

You are right. The punishment is a bit harsher than I thought it would be but they have stopped short of really hurting them. This is justa flesh wound. I wonder if the 50mil will be part of future FFP calculations and more importantly is the dodgy sponsorship that is deemed outside of the guidelines now out of the picture for good. That would really screw up City as their match day revenue is not huge.

My understand is that the dodgy sponsorship is what PSG and City have fallen foul with and that UEFA valued them at half what they were officially worth.

The fine will have to be included in next year's accounts, so presumably it will count next year.

UEFA have always said that banning clubs from European competition was the final sanction. I think that this a pretty tough marker and could cause Liverpool to think twice because they would have been in breach this season, if they had qualified for Europe.

As others have said, the £50m is harsher than expected, although it could just be a opening bid to try and get them to settle. We'll see what the final amount is. For these fines to be meaningful, they have to be made in expectation that the next offence carries a harsher penalty with CL exclusion a possibility (perhaps on the third year).

The squad limit is an interesting one. The 25 man squad with eight home-growns was more a sop to player development than a real restriction. An open 17 man roster plus a few of home-growns was plenty given the definition. Only 13 open slots will force some real choices.

I assume the fines will be redistributed as part of the CL pot, but it would be nice if they gave it to charity or grass-roots football.

My understand is that the dodgy sponsorship is what PSG and City have fallen foul with and that UEFA valued them at half what they were officially worth.

The fine will have to be included in next year's accounts, so presumably it will count next year.

UEFA have always said that banning clubs from European competition was the final sanction. I think that this a pretty tough marker and could cause Liverpool to think twice because they would have been in breach this season, if they had qualified for Europe.

Cheers. I think I heard there are some wage caps too. Not sure of the details though.

Where is the sense in fining us such a large amount of money? "You're so far from breaking even! Here, add another £50m to the deficit to make it more difficult and so we can fine you again next year"

Where is the sense in fining us such a large amount of money? "You're so far from breaking even! Here, add another £50m to the deficit to make it more difficult and so we can fine you again next year"

You are right. They should have just chucked you out.

I'm sure they won't count this season's fine towards your total before they fine you again next year.

According to our information, the PSG, the spotlight on the issue of financial fair play, fell agree with UEFA on a moratorium provides four penalties.

In the crosshairs of UEFA about financial fair play, PSG know sanctions weekend. According to our information, the investigation chamber of the proceedings of the Club Financial Control (ICFC) has provided four: it will ask the club from the capital supervision of its payroll, the highest in Europe (240 million euros), which will no longer increase in sanctions. PSG will also limit its transfers: it may well pay 60 million euros to buy a star, but can not spend the money to one player without payroll increases.

Then, the PSG will absolutely sell before buy on the transfer market. There may register only 21 players in the Champions League, against 25 competitors. This will complicate the task of the Parisian training, because UEFA regulations state that eight of them are trained locally. Finally, it will be subject to a fine of 60 million euros over three years, it goes with the obligation to reduce its deficit to € 30 million by the end of next season. The level normally accepted by UEFA at the end of the 2014-2015 season is $ 45 million. A final agreement was reached with the PSG on these sanctions, which avoids see the file referred to the trial chamber of the ICFC. At the risk of his punishment worse.

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Quatre-sanctions-pour-paris/462690

If they are being fined for pumping money into the club, sugar daddy style, it makes sense that some of that money is taken away from them.

Strange question...

This was a potential punishment known about years in advance and you failed to comply, this is not the time to play the victim.

The fine is not intended to help you in your current predicament, would be some punishment if that was the intention. But it sends a message to clubs like Liverpool that might have to comply next season, preventative effect. If the fine wasn't severe what would be the point?

The size of the fine might also be related to your attempt to circumvent the regulations. Although it's also very possible that it's a starting point in the negotiations that will be happen and that UEFA are starting this high as a strategy.

Has it been confirmed that this fine will be included in the deficit for next season?

According to our information, the PSG, the spotlight on the issue of financial fair play, fell agree with UEFA on a moratorium provides four penalties.

In the crosshairs of UEFA about financial fair play, PSG know sanctions weekend. According to our information, the investigation chamber of the proceedings of the Club Financial Control (ICFC) has provided four: it will ask the club from the capital supervision of its payroll, the highest in Europe (240 million euros), which will no longer increase in sanctions. PSG will also limit its transfers: it may well pay 60 million euros to buy a star, but can not spend the money to one player without payroll increases.

Then, the PSG will absolutely sell before buy on the transfer market. There may register only 21 players in the Champions League, against 25 competitors. This will complicate the task of the Parisian training, because UEFA regulations state that eight of them are trained locally. Finally, it will be subject to a fine of 60 million euros over three years, it goes with the obligation to reduce its deficit to € 30 million by the end of next season. The level normally accepted by UEFA at the end of the 2014-2015 season is $ 45 million. A final agreement was reached with the PSG on these sanctions, which avoids see the file referred to the trial chamber of the ICFC. At the risk of his punishment worse.

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Quatre-sanctions-pour-paris/462690

If they are being fined for pumping money into the club, sugar daddy style, it makes sense that some of that money is taken away from them.

That might open up some interesting avenues... With several clubs around the continent probably slightly scared by UEFA's sanctions if they hold up this could somewhat turn the market towards a buyers market.

If we're not happy with just having one Lamela we could add Pastore to our roster.

Or, much better, we could go for Marco Verratti. Might just be low enough profile that he's one they will let go?

I'll take notice when the ban these teams, not just fine them.

They've always said that banning clubs from European competition was the ultimate sanction and there would be fines and other penalties first. I think that the action being talked about against Emirates Marketing Project and PSG is quite severe and likely to act as a deterrent. It will be interesting to see what will happen if a club continues to ignore the rules and posts losses in in excess of the limits for several seasons in succession.

Just dont have to enter the competition.
Everton would be happy to take your place.

Are they going to look in CFC's ridiculous deal with Gazprom, Gazprom being CFC's main european energy supplier

Back